Double Room Details:
On the ground floor with a large window overlooking the front garden, central heating, carpeted, ample storage, 32'' TV, digital radio, bluetooth speaker, hairdryer, and a study desk with chair.
Large Double bed (14(website hidden)m) medium-firm, with memory mattress topper.
Clean Towels, Soap and Bedding provided
Self catering dining kitchen - Tiled floor, Dining table, Microwave, Electric Cooker & Hob, filter coffee/cafetiere.
Basics such as milk, cereal, coffee, & tea will be available.
Digital radio and separate speakers with an aux cable.
Waitrose supermarket is just a 5-10 minute walk away.
Bathroom - Tiled floor and walls, over bath electric shower
- Free Wifi available.
- Picnic set, cool bag, and flask is available for use.
- Labels appropriately located to aid familiarity.
- Check out can take place later in the day if no one else is booked in on the same day.
Interaction with Guests
Every effort is made to ensure guests enjoy their space, and support is available in order to help the stay be a pleasant experience.
In the beautiful and convenient Orchard Brae district.
Simple direct access to the City Centre and easy to locate either by public or private transport.
Approximately 10-15 minutes walk to Princess Street and the West End, Botanic Gardens, Dean & Modern Gallery, Stockbridge's shops, bars and restaurants.
Edinburgh is a relatively small city, and the apartment location is a great starting point to walk around from.
If the rain should make an unexpected appearance, bus stops are close by for City Centre, and in the opposite direction there is a direct bus link out to South Queensferry (Forth Bridges)
Other Things to Note
If you wish to stay longer than 7 nights, please confirm with me prior to booking and for any further enquiries.
The additional recommended cleaning fee has been wavered to keep the cost low and with the expectation that guests are respectably tidy.
Just a few appreciated basics to help keep the rooms tidy and clean:
- Wash own dishes (sorry no automatic dishwasher)
- Squeegee/wipe dry shower after use, and open bathroom window
- Please wipe up any spillages and kitchen surfaces after use
- Muddy or wet shoes/boots to be removed at door
- Warm cooked food preferred within the kitchen only
Lost & Broken items:
- Lost keys will be subject to £20 charge (as contribution to lock replacement)
- Lost parking pass will be subject to £20 charge (replacement fee)
- Any damage would naturally require a reasonable contribution to fix/replace
- Only the number of guests confirmed in the booking are permitted to stay in the apartment
- Parents are considered responsible for their children and are advised to provide their own associated items.
- Quiet time appreciated between 11:30pm -6am
- No smoking and no pets allowed
Thank you for your agreement with the above and enjoy your stay
I booked this room for my parents' visit to Edinburgh. They loved staying with Alexander, he was very easy to get in touch with. His house was extremely clean and organized. The neighbourhood is also very lovely and safe, with bus routes into the city very nearby. He also offered to drive them to the airport at an obscenely early hour which was very much appreciated. Would definitely recommend staying here.Thank you Alexander for the stay!
I think this was the best accommodation I've ever stayed at. Everything was laid out well, there is a full kitchen. Laundry and a tub sure did make the difference for us too. Only a 30 minute walk from the castle and city centre and a 10 minute walk to a full grocery store. Alexander goes above and beyond, is full of information and is a wonderful host. Definitely a good choice!
Alexander is a perfect host, really kind and helpful. The room is nice and very clean, it's 15 minutes by walk from the city centre!
Alex is a great guy. His appartment is amazing! It's full of light and is very spacious with lovely new furniture and nice new fittings. It seems to have been renovated recently. Very neat and not far from Pricess street and some hotspots of Edinburgh. I would definately recommend staying here, u will not regret it!
We had a wonderful stay in Edinburgh. Alex was really friendly, and we felt very welcomed. His flat was tidy, clean and had everything we needed. Thanks again :)
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
My name is Alex, i’m open, friendly and tidy. Spent the best part of my working life traveling, now settled in the beautiful city of Edinburgh for the last 7 years, working within the local financial arena.
I enjoy a wide range of the usual activities/interests, and look forward to meeting new guests, helping your stay be as pleasant as possible.