About this listing
** Exhibition centre/Köln Messe (11 min by train)**
Welcome to the heart of Cologne !
I offer my cozy, bright and super centrally located studio apartment with all the comforts you need for a stay in our beautiful city !
The apartment is located in the center of Cologne , in a side street at Zülpicherplatz . Since the street is a small side street, it is still nice and quiet, despite being right in the centre.
You can basically reach everything you need or want to see in 5 minutes:
- Zülpicherplatz ( trains run from here in all directions , 2 min)
- Zülpicherstraße ( students and party mile)
- Ringe (Hohenzollern and Hohenstaufenring , shopping, nighlife , clubs )
- Shops for daily needs ( Kiosks , supermarkets, organic supermarket , pharmacy , bakery)
- Rudolfplatz ( more shopping dining and nightlife options , Christmas market)
Even more Locations in town, just around the corner :
- FairTrade/Köln Messe (11 min by train)
- Belgian Quarter , trendy neighborhood for young and young at heart, many quaint cafes, trendy boutiques , great restaurants, small shops visited a lot and by residents of the city and an international audience. Always lively bars and clubs with colorful , young and artistic events (5 min walk )
- Shopping streets: Breite Straße / Hohestraße / Ehrenstraße (under 10 min walk)
- Old Town , Cologne Cathedral, Heumarkt, the Rhine , the " Tourist Highlights" ( Heumarkt , 7 minutes by train, Cathedral/central station 11 min by train)
- Central station ( 11 min by train)
- University of Cologne (8 minutes on foot , 2 minutes by train
THE APARTMENT* **
- Fully equipped kitchenette, refrigerator, stove with oven, microwave , espresso machine, water heater, cutlery , crockery, pots and pans, various small appliances (kitchen scales , mixer, blender ... ) . The water carbonator (soda maker) , coffee, tea , oil, vinegar , spices , etc. are also available to you, so you do not have the extra- shopping and carrying of water bottles .
- Bar cart : mix your own drinks to your liking , some spirits available (only the BOLS bottles in the photos are only for decoration ), blender and cocktail shaker available.
- Comfortable seating and dining: here you can eat comfortably at the table and drink - whether it is a breakfast in the sunshine (thanks to the lovely views through the double windows), a cozy dinner or a sitting together for a Kölsch (original cologne beer) or a glass of wine .
- The sleeping area : here there is now a new, very comfortable double bed for you, of course freshly made , with 2 pillows and blankets. Flat-screen TV and good music system (both with AUX cable for PC or mobile connection) ensure comfort. Full length mirror and storage space for personal clothing and other items (until 15.12 . Compact shelves, from 16.12. including a small wardrobe) .
- Small storage room: here I keep my personal stuff (to free up the rest of the apartment, so you have enough space ) , on request I am happy to leave the storage room unlocked, so you can store your bags /cases in there.
- Bathroom: It's small, but nice, modern and equipped with a hairdryer, flat heater , fresh towels and a good shower.
- Wireless Internet is of course included as well
I really enjoy living here and I am very happy to personally give you tips and recommendations on and off the usual tourist paths, there is something for every taste :)
CHRISTMAS MARKET *** SPECIAL ***
Especially during the Christmas season, Cologne is worth a visit: A total of seven different Christmas markets are awaiting your visit and invite you to an atmospheric strolling and browsing and of course offer good food and hot drinks - and not just on weekends!
In the apartment you will find a multi-language guide to the Christmas markets, so you can choose your favorites to visit. All markets are quite close and easy to reach from the apartment (" Märchen Markt/Fairytale market " Rudolf Platz 4 min walk ; " Christmas Avenue " Schaafenstraße 2 min walk, “Markt der Engel/Market of Angels" , Neumarkt , 10 min walk or 5 min by metro" Christmas Market at Cologne Cathedral " , 11 min by metro "Heimat der Heinzel” Heumarkt - 7 min by metro) and many more. They are definitely all are worth a visit!
Ich denke es ist selbstverständlich dass ihr mit meinen Möbeln/Teppichen/Küchenutensilien etc sorgsam umgeht.
Rücksicht gegenüber den Nachbarn (bitte kein Partys, laute Musik mitten in der Nacht etc) ist außerdem Voraussetzung.
Sonst gibt es keine Regeln, außer einfach sich so zu verhalten wie man es sich auch von Gästen in der eigenen Wohnung wünschen würde :)
Fantastic apartment to explore the city of Cologne. Anna was happy to meet us for an early check in, which was much appreciated. The apartment was in the perfect location to easily access the old town city center and the other charming neighborhoods around Rudolphplatz, the Belgian Quarter and more. Thanks again!
We appreciated the detailed instruction on how to get to Anna's place. We did not meet Anna in person but getting the key and settling in went smoothly. We felt very welcomed by Anna's note in the apartment.
The description of the place provided in the listing was accurate. The place was lovely -- great style!
Despite the fact that there was a water pipeline construction going on outside the building during our stay hence some noise during the day, the neighborhood was nice and quiet.
Anna's apartment is great for a short stay in Cologne; it is clean and bright, and Anna provided us with fresh bed-linen, towels, and a fully-equipped kitchen. She also left us some useful tips on not-too-touristy restaurants and quarters to visit.
The apartment is close to the city's University, in a vibrant area with some nice bars and parks, although this makes it quite busy and noisy during the night. It is also in a convenient location, just a 20-minute walking distance from the city center and main attractions, and surrounded by bakeries, supermarkets and kiosks for daily supplies.
We were unable to meet Anna, but she gave us detailed information on how to reach the apartment and was quick in her responses. We would recommed Anna's place to a young couple or small group of friends.
Very welcoming!! The apartment is exactly what it looks like in the photos. Definitely highly recommended! Lovely and warm place to stay!
Anna ist eine perfekte Gastgeberin. Die Kommunikation war im Vorfeld sowie während meines Aufenthalts super. Anfahrtsbeschreibung und Koordinaten wurden mitgeteilt und ich hab die Unterkunft sofort gefunden. Die Lage ist schön zentral mit einigen guten Lokalen, Einkaufsmöglichkeiten sowie Sehenswürdigkeiten. Die Unterkunft war sehr sauber und gemütlich. Hab mich sehr heimisch gefühlt:-)! Alles war TOP und ich komme super gerne wieder
Anna's apartment is in a good location in Cologne, near to some great bars and restaurants (eg in the Belgian Quarter) but also only a short journey by public transport from the main sights such as the Dom - also within walking distance too.
The apartment itself is clean and stylish, with easy access to supermarkets, bakeries etc.
We had good communication with Anna before and during our visit. Cologne is a great place to visit for a few days, and Anna's apartment is a good base for a visit.
Anna's place was lovely! Bright, clean, spacious, everything you could need as a traveler (hair dryer, towels, breakfast items, coffee, and tea), and quiet- after a long day traveling and exploring and Cologne, this was the perfect place to rest! Thank you Anna for being so accommodating and for all of your recommendations!
This host has 47 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews