The Old Fort is the only fully restored historic plantation in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. It has been recommended by numerous international publications as the one of the most spectacular properties in the Caribbean!
The outside sitting area in front of the Historic Estate. Surrounded by the Pool, Outside Bar and Dining Area.
The Old Fort is the only fully restored historic plantation in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, dating back to the 18th century when French settlers started migrating to the Caribbean. This boutique hotel is situated in the most spectacular location and is ideal for guests looking for the utmost in relaxation / privacy. Recommended by numerous international publications as the perfect place to go to unwind it also boast an exceptional venue that can host any event such as a wedding or any type of special occasion. Contact us now for details of the numerous options which we can offer.
* Large plantation buildings rebuilt on the grounds of magnificent ancient ruins
* A round historic sugar mill restored and turned into luxurious accommodations
* A selection of balconies and terraces from where one can enjoy sweeping views overlooking over 180 degrees of the turquoise Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea including dozens of islands (ie. the chick sister island Mustique and Grenada a different country over 50 miles away)
* The grand swimming pool with a splashing waterfall including separate kids pool with pebbled grotto
* An intimate inside wine bar next to the lounge and fireplace
* A large open air bar next to two large beautiful round teak seating areas with their stunning views and shaded by two beautiful cedar trees
* Two tame pet donkeys, several dogs and cats (kids love them)
* Beautiful pebbled custom-designed showers with Hans Groehe Air shower-heads and faucets
* Most charming and elegant suites located in various areas of the expansive property (each suite is very private)
* Numerous patios and dining areas at various levels around the property
* Grand living areas with high open ceilings
* Several nature trails leading through the estate to amazing viewing spots located just above the ocean
* Two beautiful beaches (one black sand, one white sand) only a short hike away
* The friendliest and most courteous staff on the island (includes our recognized kitchen with its delicious menus and numerous specialties)
* Large lush inside and outside tropical gardens
* Club room lounge with spacious grand sitting area and massive fireplace
All the public areas of the property including the grand pool!
Interaction with Guests
We are always happy to assist guests and have a full staff to adhere to your every need. A concierge service is also available.
Arguably the safest area on the island and although it is extremely private only a few minutes drive from the best beaches and into town.
There is a very reliable taxi service which can be called anytime. Alternatively you can also rent a vehicle.
Other Things to Note
Enjoy to be spoilt by the following
• A delicious home-made rum punch or one of our freshly made juices as a welcome treat
• A large selection of spacious luxurious suites, all with custom made en-suite bathrooms
• Complimentary wireless broadband internet in all rooms and around the entire property
• A full daily staff and maid service to help spoil you throughout your stay
• The Old Fort's recognized kitchen offering a variety of delicious menus
• The private grand swimming pool with its waterfall and separate plunge pool with grotto
• Use of the spacious property with its numerous tropical gardens and chill-out areas
• Enjoy numerous nature trails, pasture areas and lookout points around the entire estate
* Book two weeks or more and receive a 15% discount (does not apply for Peak Season bookings)
** Rates subject to an additional 10% Government Tax & 10% Service Charge
Liability - We cannot be held liable for injuries or damages to a guest or his/her possessions, unless damages caused are a direct result of gross negligence on our behalf. We assume that everyone using the pool can swim. Children and those who cannot swim should be supervised at all times as there is no lifeguard on duty. Damages to The Old Fort or its contents should be reported. Guests may be asked to pay the cost of repairs if damages have resulted through negligence or abuse of property.
Stay here and you could give this host their first review!
I grew up on Bequia and have lived there for over 30 years. I did my A-levels on St. Vincent (the main island of the island chain St. Vincent and The Grenadines) where I studied Management & Economics in the Community College. After completing this, I moved to Germany where I did my apprenticeship at the Kempinski Hotel Four Seasons in Munich, which is up to this day the most famous and recognized hotel there and one of the most recognized hotels in the world. Following this I moved to Holland where I worked as a F & B waiter in the Hilton Amsterdam. Having finished I studied at the London Metropolitan University doing my degree in combined International Hospitality Management & International Marketing Management graduating with honours. After spending over 6 years in Europe I moved back to St. Vincent and The Grenadines my residence of choice. Since moving back I have been extremely busy in further promoting The Old Fort. For further details feel free to contact me anytime.