Only 300 metres from the Port of Gruž, Rooms Kaja is less than 2 km away from Dubrovnik’s Old Town and the nearest beach. It offers free Wi-Fi and free private parking.
We rent three rooms at this newly renovated apartment which is of 100 m2 size. It offers a kitchen, bathroom and large terrace with views
of the Adriatic Sea.
Its guests share bathroom with guests from another room. It has an excellent ceiling fan and parquet floors. It can accommodate two people (website hidden) set is available.
Room is kept clean room, sheets and towels are often changed.
In our vicinity, up to five minutes walk, you can find restaurants, cafe bars, green and fish market, supermarkets, post-office, banks, ambulance, pharmacy, bus station for public transport and harbour for nearby islands (Lopud, Kolocep, Mljet and Sipan) as well as for long lines (Korcula, Split,...) as well as for Italy. Main bus station and harbour are a 5-minute walk away.
Public transportation for Old City, beaches and places near Dubrovnik are five minutes away
1. Please respect the late hours, after midnight, for other guests and neighbours.
2. Please leave kitchen clean after each use because other guests will use it after you do.
3. Using kitchen, including washing dishes, should end until 21:30.
4. Please, if you smoke, do it at balcony or terrace.
5. Do not EAT in the room. There are kitchen, terrace and balcony for this.
The location was perfect for me - close to bus station for airport bus and close to the ferry port. I liked staying in the quieter part of town where I could easily explore Lapad and the beautiful marina.
The accommodation had all the required facilities, a brilliant shower too!
Alen also discovered some earrings which I had left in the room and kindly put them with my luggage. Thanks Alen.
I would definitely recommend this location.
Alen was a fantastic host. He met us at the apartment which is a short walk from the main bus station and his directions were really easy to follow. He helped us navigate our way around and kept the apartment nice and clean for us. The old town is about a 20 min walk away which is worth it for the sea view but buses are really cheap and easy. Would stay again.
My sister and I spent only one night at Allen's but everything was great. The room was just as described and Allen was very easy to communicate with and very welcoming.
Nice clean apartment very close to the main bus station and easy to find with Alen's instructions. A little bit far out from the old town to walk but a bus stop is only a few minutes away that takes you to the pile gate,otherwise nice apartment.
The room given had only one window which is opening on the living room. No curtains, only blinds. No a/c only fan. We didn't feel any privacy because of this window that we have to leave open because it's hot. Everyone could hear us, and see us so we had to close that window.
The location is close to the bus station/port which is what we were looking for. The terrace is nice.
We didn't really have any interaction with Allen, but his mum is lovely.
Also it seems that leaving the luggage is a bit of a pb so I recommend to check this with Allen before booking.
Overall, We found the room overpriced for the "service". We wouldn't stay more than one night because it was close to the bus station.
The position of the room can well be spotted from the photos and my intention is not to hide anything or mislead someone. I also inform guests from other rooms that the space in front of the room is just to be used as a passage into the rest of the apartment. Curtains will be put soon, certainly before the next season. Also, in the room description it says that there is a ceiling fan which can also be noticed on one of the photos. There is a ventilator too. A/c can not be put (too complicated due to the room location). In any case, this room is never as hot as the other rooms. Concerning leaving the luggage the situation is as follows.
1. This service is officially not offered.
2. On the other hand whenever it is possible (this we can know only on the day when we are asked for) guests can leave their luggage (for free), as some guests have already mentioned in their reviews. Since we also have a life outside the apartment; visiting cousins or friends, enjoying the sea and the sun,... it can happen that guests can not leave their luggage with us because we will not be
at home when they want to collect their luggage.
3. Mime and her friend we offered to leave their luggage until 14:00, because afterwards we were going out and came back later in the evening. Also, on the arrival date they arrived around 10:00 or 11:00 and were able to leave the luggage and come back after 14:00 when the room was ready.
Our stay at Rooms Kaja was short and pleasant. It's a good spot and close to the main port. :)
We stayed 2 nights, good location near the harbour and the bus station, very convenient.
This host has 86 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews