About this listing
0. Read all, if you want to have some discount
1. Location! Location! and Location! 2 mins from Seoul Station! The map point given by AirBnB is completely misleading and I so far had frustrating attempt to fix it. Alternatively, plz use the G00gl0 map that I provide with pics. It shows the accurate address, which is only 2 mins away from Seoul Station.
2. Photos do not 100% match with current array of furniture due to a series of renovation. As of now, I have only two queen beds in the bedroom for sleep. The single bed and sofa beds in the living room are gone.
3. Can't understand why you ask me the price. The system will tell you the full price if you try booking (you won't be charged only by attempting it.). There is no extra charge as much as no extra discount, so please don't bother me with price. (Unless you want to stay longer than 2 months)
This listing is a two-room apartment (or one bed flat in western standard) that is my family's sub-home in Seoul located right next to the Seoul Railway Station. My sister used to live here until she got married, when she was a high-speed train (KTX) attendant bounding from Seoul.
The apartment is now infrequently occupied, so I thought it can be a decent accommodation option for travelers who want to take an advantage of location, transportation, amenities, and my family's high maintenance.
* House condition
- Two SUPER spacious rooms (living and bed rooms)
- Kitchen, toilet, and small garage for heater.
- 2 queen beds
- Whole-wall-size wardrobe
- Dining table w/ four chairs
- Mind-blowing A/C
- Floor heating (Korean style heating for winter, g00gl0 "On-dol")
- Kitchenware w/ refrigerator + rice cooker
- Hair dryer
Combining the living and the bed rooms, it looks like an extra bed room attached to a big size studio. (See the floor plan in photos, and mention "two beds" in your inquiry, if you look for discount.) Having all these items, there still is large space for both rooms. You can also store your bicycle or stroller at the door front.
It's only 2 mins walking distance from Seoul Railway Station's west gate. (Yes, 2 mins! Confirmed by the G00gl0 map!!! Mention this in your inquiry, if you look for discount) My sister wanted to have the closest apartment possible to her working place, and it indeed has an incomparable access to the station. Plz find more instructions on pics
- Airport shuttle train (AREX) in 2 mins (Mention AREX in the msg thread, if you look for discount)
- Subway: Line 1 (Dark blue) and Line 4 (Light Blue)
- Bus: The largest bus station ifo the Seoul station's east exit
- Taxi: More than dozens on both east and west exits of Seoul station
Seoul Railway Station (SRS) is "The" central station of the Seoul Metropolitan Area (SMA). If you are coming from Incheon International Airport (or Gimpo National Airport), there is a direct (yet cheap) airport shuttle train which takes less than 1 hour to SRS. The shuttle train arrives on the west side of SRS, so for visitors to my listing, you don't have to walk that much to reach this house.
- Lotte Mart (WalMart like large supermarket chain) next to Seoul Station
- Several convenience stores nearby
- Korean BBQ chicken delivery right below the building
Will you have a family sub-home in a dangerous neighborhood?
*About me & my family
Again, it's a family sub-home in Seoul. My family lives in Daegu, 2 hours away from Seoul by KTX (high speed train), but used to have a lot of business in Seoul. I myself have graduated from Seoul National Univ's economics program and have worked in an Investment bank in Seoul for two years before going for graduate studies in London and later in Boston. (Read my profile and mention where I live in the msg thread, if you look for discount.) I stay there whenever I come back in Korea for holidays and meet friends in Seoul. As said, my sister used to live here, and parents still come here quite often as well. You might come across them upon your check-in/out.
The building has a parking lot on the first (or ground) floor, and there is a security guy monitoring visitors. (Your access will not be bothered, fyi) I have seen TWO other apartments in the same building on AirBnB-like housing rental website with a number of foreign guests, if it helps you to be comfortable choosing my listing. (Mention number of other apartments in this business in your inquiry, if you look for discount.)
Hope you enjoy traveling Korea and let me know if you have any questions about this apartment.
1. Two rooms? or two bedrooms?
In Asia, we go by # of rooms instead of bedrooms. This one has one living room and one bed room by western standard, and one studio and an extra bed room (therefore two rooms) by Asian standard. I specifically mentioned it in the housing condition section, so plz read above description carefully.
2. Which floor? any elevator?
It is on the 3rd (or British 2nd) floor and unfortunately there is no elevator. It certainly is inconvenient if you carry a heavy bag, but as said above, there are two other units in my building on AirBnB which are on the 3rd and the 4th floors. I carry my two 30kg suitcases whenever I come back in Korea. After all, I do admit it is inconvenient but it is manageable stress unless you are a disabled person.
3. Seoul Railway Station? Seoul Subway Station?
The east side of Railway station is the subway station and I am at 2-3 mins away from the west gate. You've got to get out from the west gate of Seoul "Railway" Station.
There is an electric doorlock installed, which means you don't need to have a key to get an access. All you need to do is just to memorize the updated passcode that I will message you a few days prior to your check-in. We normally change it every once a while, fyi.
5. Flexible check in/out
The latest possible check out time is noon, and the earliest possible check in time is 3pm, if there is an overlap between two guest groups. Otherwise I am flexible.
6. # of people
Unless you bring a "baby", all your kids will be just counted as adults. Based on my experience so far, kids often use more water and electricity, and kids make more noise than responsible adults, which often results in neighbor's complaint. I sometimes issue a coupon of last min discount before your check-out, if I find your family an exceptional case, if this can help you to understand why I charge the same price for kids.
If you mention all FIVE points in the house description in your initial booking msg (not easy to find, so read carefully), and if you book within 3 hours after my initial response, I will give you a 5% discount from the total price.
The discount will be applied once you check in. Thank you for reading.
Other Things to Note
Plz let me know if you want any item delivered to the apartment prior to your stay. You have to put my (or my sister's) name and phone number on it.
Strictly no smoking, no pets, and no visitors other than pre-agreed.
As long as you act a responsible adult, I am all fine. I run this listing based on mutual trust between Airbnb travelers. Unless you behave childish and bother me a lot, I have no reason to bug you when you are staying at my place.
Will tell you detailed rules on your arrival, if there is any. You can also msg me, if you have any concern, prior to reservation.