About This Listing
I live in a house located in the historical neighborhood of Santa Teresa, with lots of green around in a very peaceful place. It’s a charming area, with bars and restaurants. Very near to the best spots in the neighborhood (stores, restaurants and bars), only 10 minutes by taxi or 20 minutes walk from Lapa (the most bohemian neighborhood in Rio) you will be staying at a quiet street, in a pleasant house, with a garden to relax.
House Description: a living room, one bathroom, a kitchen, a yard with flowers and plants, a laundry and internet.
This is a great opportunity to be in a beautiful and artistic environment, since Santa Teresa is known as the home for the artists in Rio.
To make our living together be really nice and leave great memories you must also follow certain rules. Feel free to talk about them, and if you have questions, do not forget that I am always available to talk. Read my rules carefully and give me it back signed.
1. Long term (1 month or more):
* If you are coming - Cancellations made up to 30 days prior to check-in apply no penalty fee. (transaction fees will be deducted from the refund).
* If you are already here - You must notify it at least 30-days before the date you decided to leave the house. Otherwise, the guest will not receive the deposit back and will pay 50% of the original agreement.
**** Except for guests from AirBnB, (website hidden) and Windu.
2. Short Term (less than one month):
* Cancellations made up to 30 days prior to check-in apply no penalty fee (transaction fees will be deducted from the refund);
* Cancellations made up to 7 days prior to check-in will incur a 50% penalty fee - 50% of the reservation deposit will be refund (transaction fees will be deducted from the refund);
* Cancellations required outside the above-stated time limit will be non-refundable.
**** Except for guests from AirBnB, (website hidden) and Windu.
3. Deposit: The TENANT will leave a deposit of R$ 500,00 that can be used by the LANDLORD to recover damages caused by the tenant of the property. If there is no discount from that deposit, it will be returned to the tenant after the inspection made on the last day of stay, when you want to leave;
Damage occurring that goes beyond the deposit amount, the TENANT shall immediately pay the difference to the landlord.
**** Except for guests from AirBnB, (website hidden) and Windu.
4. Occupancy: ALL PERSONS STAYING IN THE ROOM MUST BE REGISTERED AT THE TIME OF YOUR RESERVATION. Any unregistered guests will be charged at the rate of R$ 150,00 per person per night. If people are found on the property that are not named in your reservation, you are in breach of contract and may be denied access to the property. No refunds will be issued if you are refused accommodations due breach of contract.
5. Check-in is at 12am and Check-out is at 10am. This allows adequate time for cleaning between tenants.
There may be charges for early arrival – 50,00 and late checkout – 50,00. Deducted from your deposit.
6. Utilities: Please turn off the fan, all electrical appliances and lights when not in use and when you leave.
After using the kitchen to prepare your meal, wash, dry and store everything that you used. Failure to comply with this rule will result in discount of R$ 50,00 in your security deposit at the end of your stay.
I dont provide the guest with salt, sugar, oils, condiments. It is the responsibility of the guest.
7. Quiet Hours are 22pm and 7am. Please keep all noise levels to a minimum during this time. You are in a family house, surrounded by neighbors.
8. Laundry: You can use the washing machine once a week – per room - for two washed one to wash light-colored clothes and the other one to wash dark clothes. If you need or want to wash more quantity of clothes I can indicate a laundry service that will charge you 16,00 per kilo. I’m not responsible for any damage to clothing or objects left. Read and follow the machine instructions.
I don’t provide washing powder and no other product.
9. Garbage is collected every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday between 8 and 9 in the morning. All guests are in the house for periods up to one month automatically assume the responsibility to ensure the removal of garbage from inside the house. In the backyard there is a wastebasket green with black cap, please, if you check the garbage bins are full, remove the plastic bag, put an empty plastic bag inside the basket and deposit the garbage bag containing trash inside the green wastebasket behind the house.
Always remove the garbage from inside the room to prevent spread of cockroaches.
10. Damage: Please report any inoperative equipment, damages, risks or failures immediately. The registered guest is directly responsible for any damage, intentional or unintentional accidental to the inside or outside the home or common areas caused by the guest, your family or your guests, and will be charged for all repairs, replacement and other related expenses.
Being house with more than one guest, no matter who caused the damage, all are responsible and will bear the repair or the payment will be deducted from the deposit.
Do not throw toilet paper into the toilet since this can cause damage to it. Being necessary maintenance for this reason there will be discount from the deposit.
11. Behavior: Occupation and use of common areas and facilities should not be so as not to upset or offend people or residents. For example, guests can’t hang towels and clothes on windows or doors. In that way, I have the right to remove any guests who don’t strictly follow this rule with total loss of rent and deposits. Leave any room of the house in excessively dirty condition or with sand will result in in additional cleaning fee of R$ 30,00 discounted on your deposit.
12. At the end of your stay you must leave the room clean as you receive it. Otherwise, you pay in cleaning fee of R$ 30,00 or the same will be deducted from your deposit.
13. Close doors and windows. When leaving, don’t forget to close the doors and windows. This will give you more privacy and prevent rain or high winds cause damage to your belongings.
14. Notify objects lost or damaged. Remember that you are responsible for all existing objects and equipment in your room. If you lose or break something, is not a drama, just report the fact immediately.
15. Don’t invite strangers: Persons not registered are not allowed in the house. If you know someone in town and wants to take home, talk to me before. Anyway, is not allowed to any stranger stay in the house to sleep guest house. If this happens you will receive a fine of R$ 150,00 to be paid immediately. If the payment doesn’t happen you have to leave the house in immediately.
16. Talking openly. If you are dissatisfied with any item, hosting, reporting to the owner who together solve your problem.
17. Return the key before leaving: Before leaving, remember to return the keys of the house. Also make sure nothing gets left behind in the room. Anyway, do not worry if this happens, I am committed to store your belongings for at least 30 days.
18. It´s not allowed to smoke inside the house.
19. Electricity: Please, keep the lights off if you are not at your room and the fan as well.
Use the same procedure for the rest of the lights ans fans at the entire house.
Otherwise, it will be charged at the end of your stay.
20. Please, don’t forget that you are not in a hotel. I do not have room service, maid or employee to organize the house. My idea is to make your stay as enjoyable as possible for everybody.
21. Guests are always welcome at the living room but, use your good sense and please not spending the whole day there and keep your stuff at your room, as well as use your computer and keep it at your bedroom. Thats why all of my rooms have a table.
22. Changes in this regulation: Santa Teresa Guesthouse may amend these House Rules from time to time. If we make any substantial changes that affect you, we will notify you.
Vera was such a sweet host! Just upon arrival, she showed me around the neighborhood and invited me to have a beer with her friends. On my last day at her place, she helped call the airport taxi for me, and we hugged goodbye. Don't get scared of the house rules! Vera was very easy to communicate with, and she made sure everything was in order. Would recommend to stay at her place!
Vera was a sweetheart. She was out at work or functions much of the time, but was helpful and answered questions whenever we asked. She also had wifi set up that we could use with our iPad (perhaps it was a coincidence that it happened when we asked for it, but regardless, it was useful).
Her place is clean and tidy. She's got a lovely little courtyard in the front with a table, chairs, umbrella, and surrounded by flowers. Her house rules are posted clearly around, in the bedroom and the bathroom, and are not unreasonable, basically asking you to clean up after yourself.
The location was great for us - within 35 minute walking distance to Lapa (where there are several bars and restaurants, and during Carnaval, that's where the crazy street parties were held), though it took a little longer going home, as you have to go up 2 killer staircases - not recommended in heels.
We felt pretty safe in the area, even walking just us 2 ladies in the night. During the day parts of Santa Teresa would become busy, filled with tourists. We carried purses with our cameras inside, but didn't flaunt them, and felt comfortable. At night, we did not take purses at all, nor cameras, particularly when we went to Lapa, where my friend's camera was stolen from her closed purse during one of the craziest street parties.
Unfortunately the Bonde (tram) that used to run through the streets of Santa Teresa no longer runs since about 3 months ago as there was a serious accident. So there are busses that go directly from Centro (downtown) to very close to Vera's place, reasonably priced (2,75 reals).
All in all, I would recommend staying at Vera's, it's simple, clean, and she's lovely.
l'esperienza é stata interessante, Vera é molto accogliente e disponibile.
Mi sono trovato a disagio per i mezzi di transporto, non era facile spostarsi da una zona all'altra con facilità.
Parecchi problemi di vicinanza che rendono il soggiorno piu sgradevole, però nell'insieme il soggiorno é stato piacevole.
Lo sconsiglio a chi ama le comodità, sopratutto intime, visto che la carta igenica in Brasile si butta nella spazzatura e no dentro il vaso.
I loved staying with Vera. Her house was just as it appeared in the photos and description. It was clean, cheerful and just steps away from the bonde and walking distance to the restaurants and bars and restaurants of Santa Teresa. Vera was an amazing host and extremely hospitable. I look forward to visiting with her more as a friend. She is amazingly warm-hearted and a wonderful person to talk to and spend time with. I hope to stay with Vera again. Most of all, I can't wait to keep in touch with her as a friend
This host has 22 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Vera
My name is Vera and I moved to Rio de Janeiro more than 3 years ago. During this period I found out that I really like to receive people at my house.
Welcome and have fun!
It´s like 50 meters from my house. Go there fridays and saturdays to drink a beer and see the sunset!Largo das Neves Rio de Janeiro RJ 20240-040
The best one!!!!!Rua Áurea Rio de Janeiro RJ 20240210
Feijoada and CaipirinhaRua Paschoal Carlos Magno Rio de Janeiro RJ 20240290
It is a good place to drink a beer and meet the locals!Rua Pascoal Carlos Magno Rio de Janeiro RJ 20240-290
Good brazilian foodRua Alm Alexandrino Rio de Janeiro RJ 20241260
good music at the week-endRua Almirante Alexandrino Rio de Janeiro RJ 20241-260
It´s not wonderful but it´s the only japonese restaurant at Santa Teresa.Rua Alm Alexandrino Rio de Janeiro RJ 20241260
It has a great view from Rio de JaneiroRua Murtinho Nobre Rio de Janeiro RJ 20241-050
Very expensive but so romantic and nice!Rua Aprazível Rio de Janeiro RJ 20241-270
Very traditional! Good food, good atmosphere!Av. Mem Sá Rio de Janeiro RJ 20230-152
Samba´s place!!! Nice fridays!Av. Mem Sá Rio de Janeiro RJ 20230-150
Good option to drink a beer at the evenings!Rua Dias Barros Rio de Janeiro RJ 20241-020
Nice to dance but go to there around 8 o´clock if you want to take a table and not stay in a long line for one hourRua do Lavrádio Rio de Janeiro RJ 20230-070
Every sunday there´s a wonderful band playing there. Its name is Orquestra Voadora. Don´t hesitate to go there!Av. Inf Henrique Rio de Janeiro RJ 20021140
At Sundays you can rent a bike and go untill Ipanema from thereRio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro