About this listing
*NOTE: REQUESTING 3 DAY MINIMUM BOOKING FROM DEC 27-JAN 8.*
Welcome to Lake Oswego and to our home, located in a quiet residential area, yet close to everything L.O. and Portland have to offer. Our space is perfect for one or two people, and we can accommodate longer term guests as well when needed.
If you're considering visiting the portland area or specifically Lake Oswego our home may be the right fit. Whether you are coming for work or to pay a visit to friends or family, we are in a lovely part of town.
* Work? We are a short drive to all the Lake Oswego office parks and conferences as well as downtown l.o..
* Tourist? There is lots to do close by in the form of trails and parks, the lake, restaurants and shopping.
* Visitor? If you are coming to visit any of the local schools or are thinking of relocating- we are a very short drive to Marylhurst University, Lewis and Clark, and of course all the Lake Oswego school district as well.
CONVENIENT- we are on a safe, quiet cul-de-sac walking distance to one of the best local high end supermarkets (great deli and hot food section), pizza, thai food, dry cleaners and gas stations. we are also very close to 43/state st/ willamette dr which will take you directly to downtown portland or west linn, and also the 205 which will take you directly to wilsonville, etc...depending on your destination.
* Very comfortable double bed and simply but nicely furnished room with closet. Lots of light, private windows, and wood floors.
* Side door entrance leading to kitchenette (a functional and funky/imperfect/vintage space) sink, counter space, toaster oven, mini fridge/freezer, microwave), and table for two. Laundry for your use while here.
* Semi-private 3/4 bath not far from bedroom (we barely use it).
* Coffee and tea provided. Occasionally baked goodies or treats of some kind as well.
THINGS OF NOTE-
* We are up between 6:30-7am so you may hear us although we'll be considerate if you are still sleeping.
* Furnace is in kitchenette/laundry and makes white noise kicking on and off (in case you are very noise sensitive).
* No smoking or smokers (only due to smell).
* Please be considerate after 7pm as my child (school age) is asleep.
* We have a very friendly and mellow (but sometimes chatty and intimidating) German Shepherd who will not be in your space as long as you don't allow her in. She is sweet and safe to be around. Also, I keep our entire home clean of her hair and there is little dog smell. However, if you're highly allergic or don't like dogs it may not work for you.
* Our laundry is in your kitchenette area but I try and do laundry only when you are out so as not to disturb you.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO WRITE WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS YOU MAY HAVE!
The kitchenette, bedroom, and bathroom are for you to enjoy, and weather permitting- the front porch and back yard are as well. If you feel like socializing and I am around, feel free to come join me in the house!
Interaction with guests
My son and I are pretty social, unless we are trying to get ready for school or bed. Otherwise, we love company. If you just have a question or need help with something, I am happy to oblige. And if you're private and just want to come and go quietly, that's ok too!
We are close to so much! Besides a few minute drive into downtown L.O., we have Thai food, pizza, dry cleaners, Starbucks, and a great supermarket (including great ready made foods) all within two blocks from us, although you'd never guess because it's so quiet here.
There is a bus that runs just down the street from us, but other than getting you closer to downtown L.O. and maybe the Lake Grove part of town, it's not very user friendly. There is Uber and Lyft to get you around now- great news! Otherwise, you really need a car if you're here for long.
Other things to note
As I said earlier, our dog is very protective and chatty- but do not let her intimidate you! If you come through the house to use the bathroom or hang out with us, and she does this, just chat with her and pet her through the stress of a new guest and she will love the attention. She may follow you around, so if you don't want her in your space just close the door behind you :)
I prefer no guests other than our Airbnb guests, come to our home (we ourselves rarely entertain here).
Please be respectful of neighbors when coming and going early or late, and park your car considerately along the fence.
I don't charge a cleaning fee but ask that you leave everything as clean as you can, or I will deduct a flat rate of $50 from the deposit.
Please no food or drinks in the bedroom.
Prefer that only guests staying for a week or more do laundry, but am happy to include anything you might have with ours. Also, please talk to me before doing laundry (there are reasons for this). No dryer sheets or fabric softener please.
Please keep recycling separate as we have a tiny garbage can
for pick up. Your garbage an is under the sink, the large metal container by our door is for recycling.
Baby and child friendly dependent so please inquire first. Our home isn't really child-proofed, but that's only one reason for this.
I am originally from Los Angeles, spent my whole adult life in Seattle, and have recently moved to Lake Oswego, Or (just outside of Portland). Currently I only work part time, and am the mother of one wonderful child. I enjoy traveling to all sorts of locations and staying at all kinds of accommodations. I'm very social but totally fine doing my own thing. Most importantly for this site, I am 100% "normal", honest, trustworthy, and courteous as a guest.