*Instant Book guests- Depending on the day you reserve it I may need a few hours to prepare, but not necessarily 24 hours, notice. Please contact me immediately upon reserving. Thanks!
*June-July no Instant Book-ing please. Contact for more details.
If you're considering visiting the portland area or specifically lake oswego our home may be the right fit. whether you are coming for work or to pay a visit to friends or family, we are in a lovely part of town.
* work? we are a short drive to all the lake oswego office parks and conferences as well as downtown l.o..
* tourist? there is lots to do close by in the form of trails and parks, the lake, restaurants and shopping.
* visitor? if you are coming to visit any of the local schools or are thinking of relocating- we are a very short drive to marylhurst university, lewis and clark, and of course all the lake oswego school district as well.
CONVENIENT- we are on a safe, quiet cul-de-sac walking distance to one of the best local high end supermarkets (great deli and hot food section), pizza, thai food, dry cleaners and gas stations. we are also very close to 43/state st/ willamette dr which will take you directly to downtown portland or west linn, and also the 205 which will take you directly to wilsonville, etc...depending on your destination.
* very comfortable double bed and simply but nicely furnished room with closet. lots of light, private windows, and wood floors.
* side door entrance leading to kitchenette (sink, counter space, toaster oven, mini fridge/freezer, microwave), and table for two. laundry for your use while here.
* semi-private 3/4 bath not far from bedroom (we barely use it).
* coffee and tea provided. occasionally baked goodies or treats of some kind as well.
THINGS OF NOTE-
* we are up between 6:30-7am so you may hear us although we'll be considerate if you are still sleeping.
* furnace is in kitchenette/laundry and makes white nosie kicking on and off (in case you are very noise sensitive).
* no smoking or smokers (only due to smell).
* please be considerate after 7pm as my child (school age) is asleep.
* we have a very friendly and mellow german shepherd who will not be in your space as long as you don't allow her in. also, i keep our entire home clean of her hair and there is no dog smell. however, if you're highly allergic or don't like dogs it may not work for you.
* our laundry is in your kitchenette area but i only do laundry when you are out so as not to disturb you.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO WRITE WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS YOU MAY HAVE!
I prefer no guests come to our home (we ourselves rarely entertain here).
Please be respectful of neighbors when coming and going early or late, and park your car considerately.
I don't charge a cleaning fee but ask that you leave everything as clean as you found it.
no dryer sheets or fabric softener for those doing laundry! sorry.
please keep recycling separate as we have a tiny garbage can
for pick up.
Lily and her son were wonderful hosts. The accurate and clear description helped us know what to expect before we arrived and once we were there, Lily graciously and considerately welcomed us into her home. Like a true hostess she balanced giving us our space and privacy with being friendly, warm and welcoming with nice chats and help finding food or things to do. The next time I find myself in Lake Oswego I would love to stay with Lily again and hopefully would have more time for a longer stay to fully enjoy all of the charm!
Lily was a wonderful host and made me feel welcome. Her place is beautiful and cozy, and she was very accommodating. She was also quick to respond to emails and text messages, and gave us good food recommendations in Lake Oswego. Thank you Lily for the wonderful experience, and I look forward to being back soon!
Lily was a great host, who made us (me and my girlfriend) feel very welcome in her lovely little house while in town visiting family.
The room was quiet and clean and the kitchenette was well equipped. Lily did a great job making me feel welcomed and she was very respectful of my privacy. She went above and beyond with her friendliness by chatting with me whenever I came in, offering me breakfast and even invited me to dinner. There are food and shops in a few minutes walking distance from this quiet, cute neighborhood.
Lily is a very friendly and gracious host. Her home is beautiful and peaceful and is located in a quiet and comfortable neighborhood within Lake Oswego. The proximity to all the local charm and amenities that LO has to offer is awesome. The room is exactly as described. The bed is comfortable and there is ample closet space. The kitchenette is well equipped and includes a clothes washer and dryer. The entire space can be closed off from the main house for privacy but Lily is also open for a friendly chat at any time. I spent over 30 days in and out of this home during my relocation from SoCal to Portland and I couldn't be happier with the experience.
Lily's home is in a quiet location, close to amenities, clean and very easy to check into with a key-less entry. She is a friendly host who is helpful and was eager to assist in delivering a pleasant experience. The bed is super comfortable. Lola, her dog, may seem a bit scary at first but is actually very gentle. I didn't use the kitchen for anything more than keeping food cold and reheating in the microwave, so I can't really comment on what is available in the attached kitchenette beyond that. I was needing to be close to Marylhurst University and the location was ideal. Lake Oswego was a quaint little town to explore.
What a great host and a great place to stay! The room and bed were comfy, and Lily was so friendly, welcoming, and helpful. She went out of her way to make my stay comfortable and make sure I had everything I needed. I also really appreciated her advice and information on the area, as I'm planning to move to Portland. I would definitely stay here again!
I am originally from Los Angeles, spent my whole adult life in Seattle, and have recently moved to Lake Oswego, Or (just outside of Portland). Currently I only work part time, and am the mother of a (generally well behaved) six year old boy. I enjoy traveling to all sorts of locations and staying at all kinds of accommodations. I'm very social but totally fine doing my own thing. Most importantly for this site, I am 100% "normal", honest, trustworthy, and courteous as a guest.