About This Listing
An Hai Villa – Enjoy the Quiet Sea
You have certainly heard about Hoi An, an ancient town in the Centre of Vietnam. Recognized by UNESCO as world heritage, this charming and peaceful old town pleased all visitors. A destination not to be missed in Vietnam.
At around 4 km away from the heart of Hoi An, we propose our An Hai Villa. It’s a combination of an absolutely charming ancient house with comfortable accommodations:
• 2 spacious rooms with hot water showers, air-conditioners (each room with one double 160 x 200 and one single 120 x 200 bed)
• 1 master bedroom with private deck overlooking mountains and coconut forest (double bed 180 x 200 and single bed 120 x 200)
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Swimming pool
• WiFi internet
• Motorbikes and bicyles available for rent
An Hai Villa is 2.5 km away from the beautiful Cua Dai beach and 5.5 km away from the An Bang beach.
An Hai Villa is situated in the middle of the well-known ecological area of Hoi An, the Rung Dua Bay Mau. This place, today a vast, peaceful and evergreen water coconut forest, was a historical resistance base for Vietnamese soldiers during the Vietnam War.
An Hai Villa is also close to rice fields where you can have very pleasant bicycle rides.
The An Hai Villa is a little bit tough to review. We had a great time there, but there are several things a traveler should know before booking this property.
1. The neighbors Mr and Mrs Hieu are amazing. Although they do not speak english, they bring a happy and helpful attitude to every interaction. They cook breakfast for you every day, which is included in the price, clean the villa daily and will cook dinner upon request at very reasonable prices. The food they provide is wonderful.
2. The house is well laid out and has a wonderful pool. There is a ton of space to relax and spread out. Our family of four was easily accommodated and I would imagine 6 people would be no problem at all.
3. Fredric provides a small amount of food on arrival, which was very welcome because we were beat after a long day of travel.
I wont call the next section negatives because they could go either way depending on your travel preferences. Just information:
1. This is a RURAL house, and rural in Vietnam is not necessarily pretty. You are surrounded on two sides by Vietnamese family houses and on two sides by shrimp farms. In the end we liked the experience, but if you are squeamish about these things, you might want to look elsewhere.
2. Noise can be a bit of a problem. There are wild roosters / chicken all over the place in this area and they seem to have no sense of time. They are loud and are going off at seemingly all hours of the night. There are also quite a few dogs in the area that woke us up with some long barking stretches. We ended up having to sleep with earplugs in.
3. If you are sensitive to creatures in your house, this is probably not a good choice for you. We had two toads, four very large spiders (think small fist in diameter) and countless flying beetles in the house during our five day stay. It did not bother us at all, but others may not like it.
4. As mentioned in other posts, you are a ways away from town and the beach. This was not a problem at all for us. We rented scooters for $5 per day from Easy Rider in town and loved zipping around between town and the beach. We really liked the location, but if you want to walk to old town or the beach, be prepared for an hour each way at least.
Our only negative was we had trouble communicating with Fredric. There was a cell phone provided in the house for us to call him, but it had no credit on it and he did not reply to several emails during our stay which resulted in a double cab booking and some confusion over money. But other than that we had a great time.
After staying at hotels etc for many weeks it was great to get the extra space of this villa which is architecturally designed with a good combination of Asian style and western sensibilities. Its about 4km out of town in the burbs amongst shrimp farms, so unless you are willing to ride a bike (distances are easy) or motor bike you may feel a bit isolated. Frederic was very helpful and Mrs Hieu cooked a good breakfast (included) and excellent dinner (at restaurant prices, order in advance, with enormous helpings). Best for groups wanting space and something a bit more authentic, avoid if you want to be in tourist central, you want a soft western bed, or if you can't deal with a bit of tropical wear, the occasional toad in your living room or the neighbouring dog coming to say hello.
The villa is very beautiful and a unique lodging experience for Vietnam. We were only two people staying for a long weekend so we didn't fully utilize the size of the house (2/3 bedrooms). Although the location is a bit out of town, it was easy to rent bikes and cycle in to town or the beach within 30minutes or call a taxi. Unfortunately, the private pool was still a bit chilly to use in February but would be wonderful in the hot summer months! The Vietnamese couple next door comes over in the morning to cut up fruit, make coffee/tea, and eggs for breakfast and clean. Unfortunately, the first morning several other people entered the house which felt a bit like an invasion of privacy, but probably just a difference in customs. Our return flight was late in the evening and there was no problem with using the house until departure which was a definite plus! I would recommend booking for a large group if we were to return to Hoi An.
The Villa has been well looked after and our stay was very comfortable for 5 nights. We were met at the airport by a driver organised by our airbnb contact and the next door neighbours provided housekeeping and breakfast as well as organising taxis for us. The weather meant that we were not able to walk and cycle as much as we were hoping and that we were reliant on taxis to navigate Hoi An. The villa never felt cramped for 6 people and the neighbours cooked a wonderful dinner for us at a low price. One of the beds was a little on the hard side and could do with a thicker mattress.
This property was absolutely amazing. Frederic is on top of everything. It is in an amazing location (soooo much better than staying in the old city) and extremely comfortable. They have provided conveniences that would otherwise be lacking for staying in this part of Hoi An. It is immaculately landscaped and cared for by the wonderful Vietnamese couple who live next door (Hieu and Mr. Kuong). They are really great and even invited us to karaoke with them while we were waiting for our taxi. They also brought us a delicious breakfast every morning and cooked us dinner one night. There were just two of us but this property would be more than comfortable for 6+ people. We could not have been happier with anything during our stay. If we are ever back in this part of the world, we would stay here in a heartbeat.
An Hai villa was absolutely amazing. The house was exactly like the picture and the staff were so helpful and kind. If you are going to Hoi An I highly suggest you stay at this villa.
Really great experience..decided to stay an extra couple of days. Won't get spelling right here, but Hue, Cong and Frédéric really looked after us well. Beautiful fresh fruit, eggs and bread each morning....just a wonderful 5 days.