Kaloli Point 2 Bed (& pull out sofa), 2 Bath home located on ½ acre with lush flora & fauna. Centrally located to Hilo area attractions including: Volcanoes National Park & lava flows, Kapoho tidal pools (snorkeling), Mauna Kea observatories.
Quiet location to enjoy all that the Big Island has to offer. Enjoy preparing your meals in the spacious kitchen using fresh fruits and vegetables available at numerous local farmers markets. Sleep comfortably on high end Serta mattresses. Downstairs bedroom has a queen bed while upstairs bedroom has a full bed with wicker headboard and reading light. High end living room sleeper sofa has a plush full mattress that is extremely comfy. Full bathrooms with large mirrors and hair dryers on each floor. Enjoy HDTV and wireless high speed Internet while seated on our plush full size sleeper sofa or at our mahogany desk, glass topped dining table or breakfast bar. Reference books available for planning your Big Island Adventures. Listen to the sounds of endangered Hawaiian birds on the provided Audubon CD while reading about them in the provided Hawaii Audubon Society reference book, or viewing the many birds that live around our home using the provided binoculars.
* DISH ‘Americas Top 200’ HDTV
* Road Runner High Speed wireless internet
* Full set of ‘Big Island’ reference books for planning your island road trips, hiking and palate adventures!
* iPod docking station
* Hawaiian Audubon Society Bird book & CD, and greeting/note cards provided. Binoculars, Radio/CD player provided
* Folding Teak table and chairs for lanai or yard use
* Hand, bath and dish soap, and shampoo provided.
* Bath and beach towels provided
* Hair dryers in each bath
* MagicChef Microwave
* Flat top 4 burner electric range/oven
* Outdoor propane 4 burner grill + 1 cooking pot burner
* Picnic cooler provided - great for picnics during your day trips to sites and snorkeling
* Coffee maker and toaster.
* Telephone (Island calls only)
* High end Serta bed mattresses (Queen downstairs, Full upstairs)
* Pull out sleeper sofa in living area with plush full size mattress.
* Beautifully crafted Mahogany and Teak furniture throughout home.
* Laundry with washer/dryer & folding table located under home.
* Clothes iron and ironing board provided
* Well water and solar hot water.
* Outdoor shower on back of house for nature lovers!!
Key self entry provided via lock box combination. Detailed house instructions including exact address and driving directions provided once contract and payment are completed
Contact owner by Email or phone. Local caretaker and cleaning service available if requested.
Quiet agricultural zoned neighborhood great for morning walks or runs along lava cliff coast.
Kaloli Point (Your There!) Hike miles of coastal trails while watching for sea turtles and whales (winter).
Hilo: (~17 Miles) Visit shops and restaurants in old Hilo and walk through the beautiful Japanese garden along the Bay. A couple of golf courses are available. (Golf course also available in town of Volcano located close to Volcanoes National Park entrance
Pahoa: (~10 Miles) Visit shops and restaurants in authentic old town Pahoa
Volcanoes National Park: (~30 miles) Drive and hike across this vast park. View petroglyphs along the coast. Walk through a massive lava tube and view the red glow emanating from Kilauea caldera at night.
Mauna Kea Observatories: (~56 miles) Have a nice late afternoon meal in tropical Hilo followed for a trip up Saddle Road to the Mauna Kea Observatories. Stop at the visitor center for hot chocolate and viewing the night sky through numerous telescopes set up on the deck while an astronomer takes you on a tour of the heavens. ( Note: on a clear day you can see the Mauna Kea observatories from the 2nd floor of our home)
Kapoho Tidal Pools: (~17 miles) Vast tidal pool field provides great snorkeling. Our personal favorite place! Pack a picnic lunch and spend the day!
Lava Tree State Park: (~10 miles) Beautiful state park has lovely relaxing nature trail.
View Lava Flows!: (~20 miles) Hwy 130 ends where lava flow covered road with ~25 ft of lava and destroyed the former Royal Gardens subdivision. Civil defense workers will direct you to public viewing platform (~15 min walk from end of road). FREE! Best to view at dusk so bring flashlight to get back to your car. Please respect private property owners on either side of public easement. For more up close and personal lava experience hire licensed lava guide (1/2 day hike). Lava has high silica content so children should not run or horse play on lava trail
No public transit. Rental car required.
Top things to do in Hilo:
* Hawaii Botanical Tropical Garden
* Pacific Tsunami Museum
* Stroll through Liliuokalani Gardens.
* Lyman House Memorial Museum
* Imiloa Astronomy Center 3D planetarium
Top things to do on a budget:
* Spend the day snorkeling at Kapoho Tidal Pools
* Watch the lava flow at sunset
* Catch a wave at Honoli'i Beach Park
* Stroll through Lava Tree State Park
* Look for a rainbow in Raindbow Falls
Top things to do with a family:
* Tour vast Volcanoes National Park
* Zip Line at World Botanical Gardens
* Mauna Kea Observatories at sunset
* Imiloa Astronomy Center 3D planetarium at UoH Hilo
* Pana`ewa Rainforest Zoo & Gardens
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$10 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$489 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1549 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
I recommend this place to nature watchers who want to stay away from city noises and traffic. The house is about 35 mins away from the Hilo Farmer's market, but it is closer to the Volcano and the Southeast part of the island. It is clean and overall well kept.
As city dwellers, we enjoyed the natural sound of birds.
There is a whole library of guidebooks on the Big Island that are super helpful.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.