Great location, amazing terrace with incredible view of the rooftops of Rome.
The apartment cozily host 6 people building the flat has been recently rennovated and refurnished.
Everything you should see in Rome is at walking distance.
I tetti di Piazza Navona is located in the heart of the historical center, between Piazza Navona and the Pantheon, on the 4th floor of a historic building dating back to the 1600s. As with most antique buildings, there is no elevator. This charming apartment has been completely renovated and can accommodate up to 6 people. There is a living room with sofa bed, LCD TV and Hi Fi stereo system, a fully equipped kitchen, a bathroom with shower and a bedroom with bunk beds. Furthermore, a romantic wrought iron spiral staircase will lead you to a truly exclusive master bedroom with fireplace and a window with a beautiful view of the rooftops of Rome. From here you have access to a beautiful terrace where you can take in this breath-taking city with its domes, the red roofs of the historic buildings, the tower of Parliament and flying seagulls.
Together with the historic charm of this apartment are modern comforts like air conditioning and free Wi-Fi Internet connection.
We will be happy to give useful advice on visiting the city and information about current shows and events in Rome.
We can also suggest possible alternative routes to the discovery of the real Rome in the eyes of a Roman which will certainly make you enjoy the all-round charm of the Eternal City.
See you there!
Other Things to Note
Tourist tax € 3.5 per person per night for a maximum of 10 days (children less than 10 years are exempt)
Late check in fee after 9 pm € 40
Late check in fee after midnight € 60
We were very disappointed with this apartment. It was a lot older than what is shown in the photos, with stains on the walls, paint peeling off from the ceiling. The listing was misleading as it stated that it is a 3-bedroom apartment but it is actually a two bedroom + living room. Here is a list of things we emailed Daniele while we stayed:
1. It stated on airbnb that it is 3-bedrm apartment there are only 2 bedrooms and now my newly wed brother and sister in law needs to sleep in the living room!
2. Duvets were very used and old. Heating is very poor so the apartment was really cold
3. The toilet is not installed and fixed properly on the ground.
4. The hairdryer doesn't work because it's in a US power plug.
His reply to our concerns were:
1. that my brother did not pay attention while he gave us the tour; 2. that "nobody has ever complained about the quality, it's blankets of a holiday home , it's used but not teared or something, it's cleaned and decent to my opinion" but unfortunately it's not decent in my opinion
3. denied that the toilet is not tilting. "The toilet has been recently renewed and fixed, it was not broken up to yesterday"
4. " The small hairdryer in the bathroom , was tested by me personally yesterday before checking you in and it was working, what's wrong with it? " How could you have tested it when the plug is not even right?
Overall it was a disappointment.
In all our experience we never found inattentive and superficial guests like you to be perfetcly honest! We made all our efforts to meet your requests and pleased you but you always ignored our information and indications, you can easily understand that by reading your review.
if you had carefully read the apartment description before booking , it is clearly stated the apartment layout.
The apartment although is situated in a renovated building dated 1500 (as written in the review), all the accessories are in excellent condition (as evidenced by the reviews of all other guests who previously stayed here ).
Another good example of your superficiality is relative to the Hairdryer which has always worked: it's a pity that you did not listen to my explanations during the check in, in fact you've never used it! as it has always been in the bathroom drawer, while you tried to use a hairdryer that an American tourist had left in the apartment :-)
I invite you next time you rent an apartment to listen to the person who spends 20 minutes to explain the rules of the house, as I did.
Daniele est très accueillant, charmant et serviable.
Nous avons eu quelques soucis dans la salle de bain (pomme de douche entartrée, écoulement bouché, WC bouché), et l’hôte est intervenu aussitôt.
C'est un hôte vraiment très sympathique.
Les quelques petits défauts de l'appartement :
- L'appartement n'est pas fait pour 6 personnes. Il y a bien un clic clac dans le salon, mais il est impossible de dormir dessus. Nous avons du mettre le matelas par terre pour être plus à l'aise.
- La salle de bain/ WC est vraiment très petite.
- L'appartement se situe au 5ème étage sans ascenseur.
- Un taux d'humidité qui reste important malgré le chauffage qui a été mis au maximum. L'isolation de la chambre parentale n'est pas idéal non plus (la nuit, il n'y fait vraiment pas chaud!)
Les + de l'appartement :
- Sa situation géographique (plein cœur de Rome),
- Le quartier est assez calme, est pourvu de plusieurs restaurants typiques et très bons!!!
- Daniele nous a organisé le transfert de l’aéroport à l'appartement et de l'appartement à l'aéroport pour une somme tout a fait correcte et avec un chauffeur à l'heure et très agréable.
- L’hôte est vraiment disponible, à l'écoute et très sympathique!
Dans l'ensemble, nous sommes vraiment ravi de notre séjour, et nous remercions Daniele pour son dévouement.
Appartement très bien situé au coeur des plus beaux sites de Rome.
Tout est accessible a pied. Un gros atout la terrasse sur le toit même si c'est aussi le cimetière des plantes vertes ! dommage..
Ne pas prévoir d'y dormir à 6 car canapé-lit vieux et inconfortable. Douche vétuste et impossible d'avoir de l'eau chaude pour plus de 3 personnes.. Propreté moyenne. Vitres anciennes qui ferment très mal (isolation à revoir). La chambre du haut reste néanmoins très agréable car à l'écart du bruit de la rue et le lit est bon. La climatisation est un bon point car il fait très chaud sous les toits ! Le petit restaurant situé au pied de l'immeuble est fort sympathique et très bon. Je vous recommande cet appartement si vous n'êtes pas trop pointilleux.
Our host met us when we arrived at the apartment. He was very friendly and accommodating. This apartment is in a great location, but it is up a lot of stairs. This was not an issue for us, but could be for some. We loved our stay here. We had access to wonderful restaurants and it was walking distance from major attractions such as the pantheon, piazza navona and ever the colosseum. We had an issue with the bathroom in our first day and the host ensured someone was there that day to fix tit. We had an absolutely wonderful experience!
Overall a wonderful experience! Ideal central location, apartment was extremely clean, and Daniele was a wonderful host, very gracious and accommodating when our flight was re-routed and arrived much later than planned. Also ask him for his pizza restaurant recommendation! A favorite meal among a week of amazing meals.
There were a few things we might have changed, although they were relatively minor--the shower head gave out only a few thin streams of water and could use replacing, and there were a few other minor maintenance issues as well. The terrace would have been charming if the plants were better maintained (even though it was the beginning of September, plants in other terraces were still green). However, these things were minor; the overall experience was overwhelmingly positive.
Um es kurz zu machen: Es war klasse! Die Wohnung ist wirklich super und überzeugt mit ihrer Lage mitten im Centro Storico, mit ihrer Sauberkeit und nicht zuletzt mit ihrer Terrasse, auf der es sich vorzüglich frühstücken lässt! Zudem war der Kontakt zu Daniele sehr nett und es hat alles gut geklappt. Vielen Dank dafür!
Wir würden wirklich gerne wieder kommen!
Fantastic roof terrace
Efficient host (Daniele)
Very limited kitchen (no basic food like oil, sugar, vinegar...)
This host has 106 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Sono nato quaranta anni fa in una cittadina pugliese anche se vivo a Roma da sempre.
In questa splendida città sono cresciuto e mi sono laureato in biologia. Per anni ho lavorato nel campo farmaceutico, sviluppando attitudini nel commerciale e nella comunicazione.
Nella vita privata ho sempre creduto che la cosa più bella sia conoscere il mondo, non solo esplorando luoghi nuovi, ma incontrando nuove persone, culture.
Ed ho capito che la città in cui vivo, che respiro ogni giorno, è l’ombelico del mondo: Roma è il crocevia di decine e decine di culture diverse, di persone che arrivano da ogni angolo del mondo nella Città Eterna per scoprirne i suoi tesori e viverla sin nel profondo.
Ed eccomi qui: con il desiderio di accogliere e conoscere tutti quei viaggiatori che giunti a Roma, vorranno scoprirne i suoi segreti.