About this listing
A luxurious residency awaits. Our 101 year old Craftsman has a newer addition of a grand Master Suite. Our neighborhood is in a quite corner of downtown McMinnville, and your suite sits well off the road.
This luxurious master suite connects to our historical craftsman home. The separate entrance provides for a restful retreat in a luxurious setting. (Check calendar for availability.) Inside you will find: a spacious air conditioned room, elegant bedding on a plush king-sized bed, a light-filled bath with a walk-in shower, a sideboard, microwave, refrigerator, a faux fireplace/heater, a 32 inch TV with cable, wifi access, all to encourage a good night's sleep.
The side gate of the house opens to a lush garden and your path rambles to your own covered entrance. Welcome to your private retreat! Your outside door has a digital lock which is changed after each guest for maximum security.
Interaction with Guests
You will find our family accommodating to meet your needs, whether for privacy or to readily enfold you in our morning coffee on the front porch. Welcome to our home.
Out neighborhood is quiet yet shops, wineries, and Chrysalis Coffee (check out on(website hidden) are within a few minutes walk. Across the street is a small private gym which welcomes drop ins.
Located on the edge of downtown McMinnville on a quiet street, you've easy access to all: to McMinnville's delightful 3rd Street restaurants and shops (7 blocks away), 5 minutes from Linfield College, 6 minutes to Evergreen air and space museum and amazing wave pool, about a mile from highway 18 which is an entrance to the wine country, 45 minutes from Portland, 1.5 hours from the coast, 2 hours from Mt Hood and an hour from the Oregon Gardens. It is really a wonderful central location to see Oregon.
We are welcoming you into our home. Please consider-
1) Are you satisfied with the accommodations? We hope so, but, if not, let us know right away. If we can adjust something to your preference, fine, but if not you are very welcome to contact Air BnB. They are willing to find you another place right away and we will not be offended. We want your stay in McMinnville to be pleasant in every way.
2) We are allergic to many animals and smoke, so we mean it when we say no pets and no smoking.
3) We are limited to 2 renters by our insurance, so no additional guests or parties, please.
4) The only maid service you will have is when you leave, so please hang up damp towels.
5) Our family is just next door, so keep your radio, TV, or other entertainment sounds to a reasonable level and we will do the same.
6) You are welcome to use the outside grill and small appliances in your room, but please clean up after use. Mostly, we are concerned about foods or liquids left on surfaces. If you need help with a spill or accident, let us know. There are supplies and rags under the bathroom sink.
7) We are so appreciative that you chose to stay with us. If you had a good experience we would greatly value your review on the Air BnB site. Thank you.
This was our first experience on Airbnb and hostess Shelley hit it out of the ballpark. What a lovely place! Spacious and super clean. Vaulted ceilings, plantation shutters, walk-in closet. Thanks for the fresh oranges. Highly recommend.
Shelley's place was perfect! Lots of room and every amenity we could think of. We stayed two nights in late April and spent that time biking around McMinnville and the surrounding area touring wineries and the adorable downtown just a short walk away.
Shelley was great about communicating with us about anything we might need and suggested several things to do in the area. Would absolutely stay again!
Protip: the Crescent Cafe downtown is an absolute must stop.
This accommodation was a wonderful suite with a comfortable king bed, great lighting, fast WiFi, and a cute little sofa/TV corner. Clean and well-lit, it had a separate entrance. Shelley was a very friendly host.
Shelly was a great host--we wound up talking about book publishing (an interest for both of us). Her husband was super-friendly. They invited me to share a family day with them (I had a conflict)...and some evenings the sound of piano and a lovely voice wafted through the connecting door. Nice!
What a great room! It's even better in person. The walk in closet was huge and the fireplace was handy during my stay.
The location is perfect. It's a very short walk to downtown Mcminnville (10min) and in a quiet neighborhood.
I felt very welcome here and would stay here again. Highly recommended!.
Great big bed, quiet location, lovely space. There was even half and half for our coffee in the morning!
The suite was just as described and the host, Shelley, was very kind. The suite has a separate entrance with a coded door for privacy. Walk in closet and beautiful bathroom. Bed was very comfortable. Minutes from historic downtown. I will stay here again!
This host has 19 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Shelley L.
I am a northwest author, wife to the best man in the world, mother to the most beautiful children in the Americas, Grammy to the most amazing 2 yr old and 7 yr old in Oregon, and am a woman who loves life.