About this listing
A luxurious residency awaits. Our 103 year old Craftsman has a newer addition of a grand Master Suite. Our neighborhood is in a quite corner of downtown McMinnville, and your suite sits well off the road.
This luxurious master suite connects to our historical craftsman home. The separate entrance provides for a restful retreat in a luxurious setting. Inside you will find: a spacious air conditioned room, elegant bedding on a plush king-sized bed, a light-filled bath with a walk-in shower, a sideboard, microwave, refrigerator, a faux fireplace/heater, a 32 inch TV with cable, wifi access, all to encourage a good night's sleep. We provide a few breakfast items for your first night's stay, and a Kuerig.
You may park in the driveway. The side gate of the house opens to our family garden and your path rambles to your own covered entrance. Welcome to your private retreat! Your outside door has a digital lock which is changed after each guest for maximum security.
Interaction with guests
You will find our family accommodating to meet your needs, whether for privacy or to readily enfold you in our morning coffee on the front porch. Welcome to our home.
Out neighborhood is quiet yet shops, wineries, and coffee shops are within 10-15 minutes walk. Across the street is a small private gym for which you can call and make reservations for use. We are 10 blocks from the center of downtown. Our neighborhood is in transition, with many socioeconomic levels coexisting and growing. Our craftsman is 103 years old and renovated, but there are many classics around us struggling for rebirth! I have observed that McMinnville, or "Mac," as we call it, is much like the boom towns of the gold rush days; the growth is rapid, transitions are inevitable, and opportunity is around every corner.
Located on the edge of downtown McMinnville on a quiet street, you've easy access to all: to McMinnville's delightful 3rd Street restaurants and shops (7 blocks away), 5 minutes from Linfield College, 6 minutes to Evergreen air and space museum and amazing wave pool, about a mile from highway 18 which is an entrance to the wine country, 1 hour from Portland, 1.5 hours from the coast, 2 hours from Mt Hood and 1 hour from the Oregon Gardens. It is really a wonderful central location to see Oregon.
We are welcoming you into our home. Please consider-
1) Are you satisfied with the accommodations? We hope so, but, if not, let us know right away. If we can adjust something to your preference, fine, but if not you are very welcome to contact Air BnB. They are willing to find you another place right away and we will not be offended. We want your stay in McMinnville to be pleasant in every way.
2) We are allergic to many animals and smoke, so we mean it when we say no pets and no smoking.
3) We are limited to 2 renters by our insurance, so no additional guests or parties, please.
4) The only maid service you will have is when you leave, so please hang up damp towels.
5) Our family is just next door, so keep your radio, TV, or other entertainment sounds to a reasonable level and we will do the same.
6) You are welcome to use the outside grill and small appliances in your room, but please clean up after use. Mostly, we are concerned about foods or liquids left on surfaces. If you need help with a spill or accident, let us know. There are supplies and rags under the bathroom sink.
7) We are so appreciative that you chose to stay with us. If you had a good experience we would greatly value your review on the Air BnB site. Thank you.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 38 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
My husband and I moved to McMinnville three years ago to be near the grandchildren, and we love it here! Mark is semi retired as an ultrasound technologist and I continue to write, theoretically. We both have dived into the community events, exploring the beauty around us, are active in a local church and enjoy getting to know MANY different people through AirBnB. Please let us know if we can help direct you to food and fun in the area.