Comfortable bedroom with PRIVATE bathroom in the middle of Financial District is ideal for tourists and short-term visits looking for safe area with subway station A,C,E,J,Z,2,3,4,5,R across the street. Fresh bed sheets, towels, and shampoo provided
Please note that I also have another listing in a same apartment. Check my profile for the other option. Thanks!
Not the typical Manhattan apartment you would imagine. This duplex is beautiful with very spacious living room, skylight, and fully equipped kitchen that you can use to make quick meals. We leave for work 9:30 in the morning and do not usually come home until after 10 in the evening.
Ideally we would like to rent this one out to short-term visitors (touring NYC or visiting NYC for business purposes)
- The location is in the heart of financial district and at the corner of Broadway and John street. Literally half the block to the Fulton Station (trains: 2,3,4,5,A,C,J,Z) and 1 block to the E and R trains. Approximately 15' to midtown
- The room: nice cozy room, comfy queen bed with PRIVATE BATHROOM.
- Clean bed sheets, towels, room heater, fan, and iron provided
- Common space: kitchen (that you can use to prepare your meals) and the living room with TV that you are welcome to enjoy (CNN, HBO, Netflix, Hulu, ESPN etc.)
- Grocery: 3 groceries within 2-5 blocks with one opens 24 hours. Whole Food Markets is a short walk on Broadway.
- Dining: Japanese, Thai, French, and critically acclaimed burgers right downstairs.
- Duane Reade and Laundry/Dry-cleaning are across the street.
- The apartment is a 3rd floor walk-up. No elevator.
- Upon your booking completion, please send over your check-in time. We will accommodate your check-in time and be at home to greet you.
- You are welcome to leave your belongings here if you don't leave the city until the afternoon/evening.
- More details will be provided as well. Thanks :)
- From JFK: Take Airtrain to Howard Beach Station - then take A train toward Manhattan and get out at Fulton Station - or Flat Rate Taxi $55 (tips exclusive) to anywhere in Manhattan
- From La Guardia: Better off taking the taxi. About $40
- From Newark: take Path train to World Trade Center (2 blocks away from our place) or to Penn Station and take 2,3 downtown to Fulton Station. There are some pool taxi options as well. Please check the Newark airport website.
Interaction with Guests
We keep our interaction with guests minimal due to our busy work schedule (9 am out - 11 pm back)
Fulton Station with access to 2,3,4,5,A,C,J,X is literally across the street from our apartment. E and R trains are right around the corner.
We have very few rules. Just some small things to make everyone safe and happy:
- Always lock (and check) the apartment and building doors when you come in and out
- Absolutely no overnight guests
- Kindly leave your shoes outside and use the flip flops provided
- Clean after yourself in the common room.
.... and that's it :) If there's anything else we could do to make your time more comfortable, please let us know. Thank you!
Upon arrival, we were made to feel incredibly welcome. We were given a tour of the place and told "my house is your house." The room was clean and having a private bathroom was wonderful. The location is great - right across the street from Fulton Center and within walking distance to all things in the Financial District!
As others have said, there was a noise issue although we didn't hear our hosts much at all. Mostly the sounds of the city came through the overhead skylight - so there's really not much to be done about it. We were very tired in the evenings, so it didn't really keep us up. With that said, it might be a little noisy for light sleepers.
Regardless, we were happy with our choice! We weren't able to spend much time with our hosts because we were out touring NYC, but we were grateful for their extremely warm and friendly welcome!
The hosts are very nice, the place is clean and convenient. I am having a good time here. This place is highly recommended.
I had a really nice time in this apartment!
First of all, Cuong and his sister are probably the sweetest people I have ever met! They were sooo nice to me!
The apartment is pretty and very clean, the room is spacey and nicely decorated. Having your own bathroom is very convenient. And it is so close to the subway!
As was mentioned before in other reviews, the room isn't completely soundproof but I had no problem with that because they were aware of that and extremely considerate. I am a very light sleeper and had absolutely no problem sleeping there.
All in all, it was a very pleasant experience and I would definitely stay with them again.
Vincent could not have been more accommodating! I arrived later in the evening and was treated as family -- invited to dine and we even shared a glass of wine while watching West Wing and admiring the original art that adorned the walls! The loft bedroom had complete privacy and a private bath. The location was about half a block off of Broadway and in the heart of the financial district. There were numerous diners and pubs in the area. If this sounds like the perfect location for an airbnb, it's because it is!!
Host was super friendly and accommodating - he immediately communicated that His House is Your House. Neighborhood was ideal - across the street is the Fulton Street subway stop where every train in NYC converges.
As someone wrote earlier, I too experienced noise issues because the bedroom ceiling isn't completely closed off so sounds from the kitchen and living room are pretty clear. That said, during the night and mornings, it is completely silent. Host is super conscious of this. Overall i had a great stay.
The reservation was canceled 43 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Amazing location close to Wall Street. Friendly and welcoming hosts. Private bathroom within bedroom was very convenient.
This host has 22 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews