LARGEST PRIVATE POOL IN GRANADA.
MOST BEAUTIFUL VIEW ON VOLCANO FROM PRIVATE TERRACE. 140 square meters apartment, part of 1000 m villa. 2 majestic double beds, 2 bathrooms, own terrace bar. Be aware of bar next door. Earplugs or join the party. .
Once arrived in Villa America you enter an oasis of luxury and relax. In your enormous lounge, the so called Volcano lounge, with its spacious terrace you have a minibar and even your own bar, a huge cable TV and wireless broadband Internet. You are under a huge roof and always dry but two sides are open air toward the volcano and the cityside. It feels like being in an open Bali Suite. In the morning you will be served between 7 and 11 am an abundant free breakfast with fresh juices, organic fruits, bread, eggs at your choice. If you have any special wishes tell it to Elenai. She prepares your breakfast. Tell the evening before at which time you like to be served or announce it in the morning half an hour before having your breakfast.
Everything has been done to make you feel in an oasis of rest and enjoyment. Villa America is one of the most precious villas of Granada, oldest city of the American continent. It has an impressive second floor studio with terrace overlooking the majestic Volcano Mombacho and the whole of this oldest town of the Americas, Granada. The pool is all year around at disposition of guests. Everyday the pool gets cleaned and the depth is between 1 meter 20 and 2 meters. It's right next to the main plaza.
In your lounge you may enjoy your cocktail at sunset hour from the terrace.
You are overlooking the tropical environment of Granada. Its sea size lake and the powerful Volcano. You have an intimate view of the tower of the cathedral of Granada. It is here where world heritage creations can be born. An inspiring environment, which you won't never forget, once having been here.
Living under a Volcano right next to the main plaza in the oldest city of the American continent leaves to anybody a special feeling. It's history which surrounds you, the story of the first migrants coming to this faraway town.
Want to vist Las Isletas, hike a volcano, take a tour of los pueblos blancos, take a canopy tour, go for a dip at nearby Laguna Apoyo? No problem! We gladly offer assistance and recommendations and if you like, we'll make your arrangements for local tours with local english speaking guides or help you design your own exploration day! We're happy to give you our restaurant suggestions and some great wandering ideas.
Granada itself is a jewel. Relax on the main square, stroll around and than take a boat ride with bites and drinks, make a coffee tour on the Mombacho hills, a canopee adventure and so many oither things.
Taxis are an affordable way of transportion between major cities. We recommend the airco insured cars of Flavio Express. Costs will be in general lower than renting a car, paying your gazoline, insurance etcetera. In town you travel wherever by taxi for 10 cordobas, lessa than half a dollar a person.
If you come by own car, we will accompany you or park it yourself in the evening in a safe garage. In the morning we and-or you will pick it up. Costs just two dollars.
Every five minutes buses leave for Managua, a one hour drive. Price just one dollar. Taxis bring you everywhere at very reasonable prices. In the city a collective taxi brings you everywhere for just 30 dollar cents. Once a week a direct boat service connects Granada with the island Ometepe. There are daily buses to the neighboring countries and the largest of Nicaragua. There are daily flights to Liberia and Corn Island from Managua airport.
Arriving in Villa America should make you feel in heaven. No worries, nothing to arrange, you came to relax.
Other Things to Note
For two adults and eventually two children there is optional extra bedding at additional costs.
Welcome to Villa America Granada,
Oldest Town of the Americas on
We, Argentina and Robert give you a warm welcome. Our villa was previously known as Encuentros. It is next to Kelly’s Bar and half a block from Central Square. To make sure that your stay will be pleasant and to prevent any misunderstandings, please read the rules of our villa. When checking in, it is implied that you are familiar with and agree with them, and that you will fully adhere to them. Violation of house rules can result in the cancellation of the reservation, and charging the full amount of the price of the accommodation regardless of the shorter stay.
1. Phone: The phone number of the villa is (phone number hidden) in case of any inquiry or problem.
2. Help: The house staff is at your service during your stay for providing information and help. We highly appreciate ideas how to improve the service.
3. Staff: The staff can enter your room or apartment in your absence only for the purpose of cleaning the room and changing the bed linen, and when there is reason to believe that your room or the guest is in danger or that the internal rules are being seriously violated.
4. Internet: There is free internet in the whole house. The name is villaamerica and the password is mombacho.
5. Key: You get a key for your own room and the outside door, which is the iron door in front of the villa. Please leave it to the house staff or on your door when leaving. If you miss or loose keys you will be asked 25 dollars, being the costs of changing the door lock.
6. Breakfast: Breakfast is continental and abundant. You get fresh tropical juices, wholemeal bread, marmalade, peanut butter, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, milk, eggs at your choice. If you have special wishes, please let us know. Breakfast is each day from 7 am to 10 am. If you have an early flight we can prepare at request and no extra charge the night before some sandwich and drinks to take away.
7. Water: Two bottles of water will be left in your minibar and is for free. You may refill empty bottles for (email hidden).
8. Security: Nicaragua is considered as th safest country of Central America. Like everywhere you should consider the fact that this is a poor country, where people see in theft or fraud a possible way out. Carrying expensive camera’s, purses, leaving valuables in unattended cars is giving an unnecessary opportunity to thieves. Please take after dark taxis (10 cordoba only for each person) from your bar or restaurant towards home. Avoid thus armed robbery in dark streets outside city center. Right in the heart of the center this is not necessary. Our house is known as Encuentros, next to Kellys’s Bar ( al lado di Kelly’s Bar) is in the center, but after 11 pm, you are always advises to use the cheap taxis as a safe mean of transportation. Never walk after dark along the coast of the lake.. Numerous robberies, some violent have taken place here and even sexual rape. Take always a taxi.
9. Parking: If you have any car, you may leave it safely in front of the villa, but this is at own risk. Although we do it ourselves, we advise you to leave it under the eyes of a parking guard, stationed in front of Garden Café. You pay 20 cordobas for each night. You can also leave it in front oth San Franciscan church, where you pay as well 20 cordobas each night to the guard in charge. Pay already inn the evening and ask to watch. Tell them Argentina de Encuentros.
10. Room Cleaning: The house will change your bed linen and towels daily. The bed linen and the towels are included in the price of the daily rent of the room or apartment.
11. Extras: All other special services ordered or used during the stay, such as telephone, mini-bar expenses, laundry or ironing are paid separately.
12. Laundry and Ironing: You can have your laundry washed and ironed by load of max 5 kilo, not by piece. 5 kilo means 25 t-shirts for example. Should be enough for two persons. Price of washing and drying one load is 5 dollar. Ironing all items costs you an extra 5 dollars. At the end of your stay you pay for any laundry or ironing service.
13. Paid access for friends: You may bring friends inside the house asking permission and paying an additional 10 dollars. They will be given a towel and may make use of the pool.
14. Check Out time: At the day of the departure, you are required to leave the room until 12:00 am so that it can be cleaned and prepared for other guests coming after you. Late check out, until 14.00 is possible if requested and if the room is not immediatedly needed.
15. Late check Out: With prior announcement and in case of late evening flight, you can keep the room until 20:00 with additional 50% payment, or after 20.00 by paying the full amount of daily rent.
16. Transportation: If you need any transportation let us know. We recommend Flavio Express, a reliable transportation company to pick you up from the airport or bring you around. Flavio Express has two English speaking drivers, has reliable sedans (upto 4 persons and limited luggage) and minibuses (upto 12 persons). All cars are with airco and as passenger you are insured. Amon the tend rievrs, there two English speaking drivers. All rentals are including gasoline and driver. If you stay overnight expenses of driver have to be paid additionally. Some price-examples at 20th of August will show the completive rates of this company: pick up rate from or to airport 40 dollars, to or from San Jorge (Ometepe) 50 dollars, to/or San Juan 60 dollars, to or from Managua 40 dollars, 4 hour rental inclusive mileage (upto 100 km) 35 dollars, 8 hour rental including mileage 55 dollars (including 150 km). You may reserve yourself through (phone number hidden). We recommend for reasons of clear communication that you let us make the reservation.
17. Night rest: From 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. is the period of night rest, so don’t disturb other guests. We ask each guest to be careful and do not produce noise that can bother other guests.
18. Use of Electricity: When leaving the room, close the door and switch off all electric appliances.
19. Pool rules: Using the pool is for your responsibility. The depth is between 1 meter 40 and 2.00 meters. Children are only allowed in the pool under surveillance of their parents. It is obligatory to take the pool shower before entering the pool. If you have any skin disease, you are not allowed to enter the pool. You should always wear swimming suit. The pool gets every day cleaned. The pool can be used between 7 am and 9 pm.
20. Recommended change-office: In front of our house you find a change office with the best rates for your dollars and euros. The service is 100% reliable. We don’t recommend changing on street corners with unknown moneychangers.
21. ATM: You may get cash from several ATM machines in banks like BAC and Banpro. Bancentro only accepts Visacards in het ATM-machines.
22. Recommended restaurants: We recommend highly Garden Café for breakfast, lunch, dinner (being our guest you will get a discount of 10%) and a drink. We recommend Camello (Middle Eastern and Far Eastern food), Pizzaiol (Italian and Middle Eastern food), Mona Lisa (Italian food), Café de los Suenos (healthy food), Hacienda, Zaghuan (expensive) and Claraboya (Nicaraguan and steak restaurants) for lunch and dinner. You may also go to the Garage (healthy food), which is however out of the center.
23. Recommended Night Life: For evening life we highly recommend Weekend Beach Club, the best Club of Nicaragua. Always use taxis getting there and leaving. Never walk along the beach in the evening or night.
24. No smoking: Smoking is discouraged, around the pool and the kitchen. If you like to smoke in the villa, you are only allowed so in the smoking area of the first patio, where you find comfortable seating corners.
25. Damage: The guest who causes damage to house property on purpose or by accident will have to make restitution for the full amount of damage.
26. Strangers to the Villa: You are welcome to bring persons who are not users of accommodation to the room or the villa, but please ask permission and pay ten dolalrs for using the pool and accommodation extra.
27. Forbidden Objects: You are not allowed to carry easily inflammable and explosive objects, and materials with a strong or unpleasant smell into the apartment or room. Moreover, it is forbidden to carry any electric appliances into the apartment (hot plates and the like), except those for intimate hygiene (shaver, toothbrush, hair-dryer).
28. Drug policy: There is a zero tolerance policy against any drug. If you are seen smoking or using any drug, your accommodation will be cancelled immediately.
29. Prostitution: In the villa there is zero tolerance towards sexual workers, be it male or female. In case of doubt people, whom are suspected to be sexual workers, can be refused entry, even if the guest is willing to pay their entrance to the house and pool.
30. No reimbursement in case of violation of house rules: In case the house cancels accommodation to the guest because of violation of internal rules, the guest will have to pay the total amount for accommodation during the reserved period, regardless of the shorter stay.
Have a good stay!!! Sorry to impose some rules, but experience tells us to do so avoiding misunderstanding.
Our stay at Villa America was great. Robert was very friendly and helpful. He gave great suggestions on what to do with our time in Granada and helped us get the appropriate transportation, etc.
Our room was a little unorthodox but it was, in a way, incredible. We could lay in bed and overlook Granada with the Mombacho Volcano in the background. It also had a great breeze and overlooked the pool. The only downside was some noise from the bar next door but we were so tired from our adventures during the day that we mostly slept through it.
The location is also perfect. It's right near the city centre which is a nice marker for any tourist to have to find your way back. It's also a street over from Calle de Calzada which is the main area to eat dinner at night.
Hi Matt, thanks for review and thanks for comments. In night time we have just a guard, ho does not speak english. So we will instruct him better, see that he even gets a small info leaflet and that more lights are on. There is always room and will to improve. See you around whenever you are in the neighborhood, robert
Everyone here has been really helpful. Robert gave us amazing recommendations on where to eat and the staff are all super nice. Eduardo, the bartender is a super nice guy. Overall, a really great vibe.
This room is gigantic like previous reviews say, it's an entire floor that had no windows and a perfect view of the volcano. The music is indeed loud from next door but We knew that from previous reviews so we just knew to expect it. Robert was extremely helpful, we arrived a day early due to my misplanning and Robert was extremely helpful in finding us a nearby spot until our actual reservation time. Spacious and relaxing, also perfect location in Granada, right next to the town center.
This open-air room had an amazing view of Mombacho and was well-worth the price we paid. We really enjoyed just hanging out enjoying the view: it was a nice get-away from the touristy part of Granada. The pool downstairs was a nice addition as well.
Argentina and Robert were very nice: perhaps too nice, given that when we had arrived, Robert had given our room away to another guest as a free upgrade. As such, though we arrived at 11AM, we were unable to check in until 11 PM. When we finally were allowed into the room, the beds were unmade and we weren't given fresh towels. (Moreover, in spite of our request, the sheets weren't changed the next day either.) It was quite a frustrating experience. We thought this could have been handled more professionally.
Other things to note: this is an open air room, so during the day pigeons will fly through, and at night, you'll be visited by bats. It's also very loud: you can hear loud clubbing music until 2am, though this did not personally bother us since we are rather sound sleepers.
Evyn and Ash,
I am sorry. We were very flexible with your reservation. Officially you booked from 17 to 21. Than you came on 16 and left 18. You came back on 20 and stayed until 22.
I am than free to rent the room to another guest or even give it as un parade. It was nit your day!!!!
I was okay with all of your changes, as I like flexibility. I thought we had nice talks about your future. On the 20th you told me to arrive at 11 pm, as you had a program to attended until 10 pm. I asked you if you needed transportation. You didn't answer. Than you came back on the 20th early morning and asked us to remove the person from the room, where you would stay. . Check in is however at 3 pm or earlier when the room si free., The person staying there at 11 am still didn't check mout and didn't have to check out. That would;d have been rude and how much we liked you8, we don't throw other peop-0le out heir room because of a guest who wants to check in early morning. Your room was made up at 3 pm. You had even two double king size beds with towels. But indeed you had no towels early morning when you arrived.
That it is loud was no problem for yuo. You preferred it that way and that it is open like suites in Bali was no problem either. A dove or a bird can than fly in.
I wrote about you as fine guests, as you didn't mention any complaints during your stay, just nice words. If the room was not made up, what we deny, we should have heard it on these same day. I am sorry, but I am really disappointed about your lack of communication and your way pif distorting facts . What an evaluation error.
This place is private, beautiful, and has amazing views of the volcano and picturesque rooftops of Granada. The colonial villa architecture is perfect for having a cool breeze blow through the secret garden courtyards in the evenings, but it is, however, very exposed too. We read the reviews about the noise from the neighboring bar, and it was indeed very loud. Robert informed us that they have plans to make the suite more soundproof and conducive to getting rest. That would make Villa America a fantastic place to land when you first arrive in Nicaragua. Robert was a terrific host, giving us tips on the town and helping us get around to various restaurants and sights. Despite our sleepless night, we had a great time here in Granada.
Argentina and Robert were great hosts. They were helpful with suggestions on what to do in Granada. They also had a free moment so they gave me a quick tour of Granada. Once I had the lay of the land it was easy to get from place to place. The room was great. The place was clean and breafast was a bonus. I would stay with them again.
Villa America lived up to the photos you see on the listing. It's a beautiful space with great views.
As other reviewers have mentioned the bar next door does blare dance music till midnight. So consider earplugs if you go to bed early. We stayed in the lounge which is probably why we heard a lot of it as the lounge is nice and open without many walls or doors.
The shower water was room temperature which seems a standard for Nicaragua.
The breakfast was wonderful! And the cooks were gracious.
We loved the ambience of the city. And Robert helped us book a lovely tour to the volcano, Laguna and markets with a company since our Spanish is poor.
We would definitely stay here again, it is a beautiful spot in the heart of the city.
This host has 82 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Una pura optimista. No road too difficult. Easycoming, easygoing. I am a filmmaker, my wife studies law. We are a mix of cultures, living under a volcano, full optimism, always looking ahead. We are always curious and like to meet people,as every meeting means a possible partnership. Together being different is our slogan. Granada our place, has a special place in our hearts. It is the oldest town of the firm continent of the Americas. A place with a rich history, being always open to people from far away. Be welcome here! We speak English, Spanish, Italian, german, French, Dutch, a little bit of Turkish, Arabic, Slovenian nd even Russian. Charaso, Dobrodosli, Hos Geldiniz, Wilkommen, Welkom.