About This Listing
Attention Travelers: Please inquire about availability before booking/instant booking. Thank you!
My fiancé Vicky and I have a nice, comfortable private room in my house for you to stay in. It's in a quiet neighborhood that borders Mountain View.
Your room comes furnished with a dresser, vanity/desk, Trundle bed with a feathertop and an HDTV with Roku. Your closet will be stocked with plenty of fresh towels, iron/ironing board, additional pillows, laundry basket, space heater and fan. Your room is the closest to the bathroom, so you have easy access to it. You will also have access to our 25mbps Wifi.
Our garage comes equipped with a washer and dryer for use anytime. We also have a treadmill, weight bench and HDTV for your workout needs.
We have a black lab named Chauncey. He is a loving and gentle soul who is amazing with adults, children and other animals(except squirrels, he chases them!). The only time he barks is when someones at the door. He likes to check in with visitors and get belly scratches.
If you are imagining a house filled with dander and pet hair, please do not worry, we keep a clean house and Roomba that whizzes around during the day. We also have a housecleaner that comes by regularly.
Anything else would be a short commute from Central Expressway, 237, 85/101, all within minutes of the house, but without the noise. Sunnyvale is really bike friendly! Let us know if you need a bicycle and we may be able to provide you with one.
Nearest groceries are Lucky's Supermarket and Target, both less than a few minutes away. We also have a farmers market open every Saturday in downtown.
I have lived in Sunnyvale for over 20 years an Vicky knows the entire Mountain View and Palo Alto area. We will be more than happy to assist you.
Kitchen, bath, living room, dining room, backyard. Pretty much everything except our bedroom and office!
Interaction with Guests
We enjoy interacting and chatting with our guests. We are usually home in the evenings. Chauncey is almost always home at all times and will interact with you. He usually hangs out with Vicky and I throughout the house.
You will be walking distance to Middlefield Road, Mathilda Avenue and a 5-10 minute walking distance to downtown Sunnyvale/Murphy Avenue, Sunnyvale CalTrain and the Sunnyvale Town Center. Some nearby companies include Apple, (website hidden), Mercedes-Benz, Ariba, HCL America, AirTight Networks, HP/Palm, Synopsys, Blue Coat and of course (website hidden) which although is in Mountain View, the shuttle stops one block away from the house! Levi's Stadium is a short drive from here also.
Sunnyvale has buses running on every major intersection. Sunnyvale Caltrain is about 10-15mins away walking. Anything else would be a short drive from Central Expressway, 237, 85/101, all within minutes of the house, but without the noise. Sunnyvale is really bike friendly! Let us know if you need a bicycle and we may be able to provide you with one.
Other Things to Note
You couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. Have you read our reviews yet?!?
Really, common sense should prevail here, but we'll throw some out there that we care about the most...
1. I have no problem with you checking in super late. We are usually home, but if we are not, we can leave your keys in a lockbox outside the front door and provide you with the code. On your last day, if you need to check out later than 10am, please let us know a few days in advance, as we may have another guest arriving on the same day that you are leaving.
2. You are more than welcome to use any and all pots, pans, utensils and dishes. After you are done using them, please skip the sink go directly to the dishwasher.
3. You are more than welcome to have anything in the fridge, pantry and the fully-stocked bar...but please try to replace what you eat and drink soon after. You're not only helping me, but you're also "paying it forward" for future guests.
4. You are welcome to come home as late as you like. We only ask that you be sure to lock up as you leave.
5. Please let us know if additional guests will be staying with you, as we do charge for each additional guest per night. "Why?" you ask? they will also be welcome to sleep under my roof, have a hot shower and be entitled to all the things you are entitled to as a guest in my home.
6. Chauncey is part Labrador, part moose(haha). He is really sweet, gentle and is usually judged by his unusually large build.
He will eat anything anyone gives him, which is not a good thing sometimes. Please resist the urge to feed him anything, no matter how sad of a face he makes. I promise he is well taken care of!
We ask that if he is standing by the patio door, he may have to pee. please let him out into the backyard. He will come back in a few seconds for you to let him in.
He may stop by your room from time to time to say hello and give some love, so if you prefer more privacy, you are welcome to keep your door closed whether you are home or not. We understand, don't worry!
7. Your room will be ready with freshly laundered bedding and piles of clean, soft towels. But depending on how long you plan to stay, you may need to let me know when and how often you would like your bedding and towels laundered.
Rey, his fiancé, and Chauncey were very welcoming. The room was comfortable and in a great location. I would not hesitate to book again.
Excelente ubicación, estación de Caltrain a un par de cuadras. El cuarto en perfectas condiciones, sin duda una opción para repetir.
It's my first airBnB experience. Rey makes me feel at home. He is helpful, friendly and easy going. I'll certainly come back or recommend to anyone who wants to stay in Sunnyvale.
Great place to stay at! I did a long term stay for three months while I interned at G.
Rey's a great guy, really accommodating to whatever I needed. Chauncey is a great dog, really nice, doesn't bite, and only barks when someone is by the door. This was also my first airbnb experience.
The neighborhood is pretty nice, standard suburbia. CalTrain is less than 15 minutes away.
Room is exactly as shown. The bed was comfortable. No complaints here.
Overall great experience. My only regret is having to leave! I highly recommend Rey's place.
About the Host, Rey
I am a superfan of Airbnb...renting is second nature to me because I am a Property Manager for a 200+ apartment community. I know what it takes to make a stay in my home pleasant, along with my assistant Chauncey, an oversized black Labrador who loves to lay around and have his belly scratched by everyone. I am a amateur DIY guy who loves to get into new "projects" from cooking new and interesting dishes, gardening, hobbies and home improvement. When I'm not out at a good restaurant, I'm either at the park tossing a frisbee for the moose, at home watching a good show with a good drink in hand, or chatting it up with a new Airbnb guest :)
Closest Supermarket, walking distance!North Mathilda Avenue Sunnyvale CA 94085
Nearest Caltrain station199 W Evelyn Ave Sunnyvale CA 94086
This is a new Target with a grocery store inside it! Its also walking distance :)East Ridge Pike Royersford PA 19468
Its a short commute to get there!1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy Mountain View CA 94043
Concerts!Twilight Ct Cupertino CA 95014