Nestled in lush green ricefields just outside of Ubud, is our beautiful two bedroom home. The house itself is a Javanese style villa, rustic yet modern, built entirely from natural materials including reclaimed iron wood. It is set on two floors featuring a large, double-height, open living space with a modern kitchen and dining area, and an upstairs living space with panoramic views of the surrounding ricefields, and on to Mt Gunung Agung.
The property has two double bedrooms, with either king or queen sized beds covered with mosquito nets. The upstairs bedroom has incredible views as well as an en-suite bathroom with rain shower. The downstairs bedroom has air-conditioning, is directly adjacent to the downstairs bathroom and looks out over the garden.
Having high vaulted ceilings, the house has a very bright and airy feel with a constant cool breeze. There's a small plunge pool in the back yard as well as a Javanese Bale for practicing yoga or simply watching the world go by.
- WiFi throughout, just bring your laptop
- Private Plunge Pool
- Modern Kitchen with stove top, small oven, big fridge/freezer, rice cooker, good quality blender, Bialetti coffee maker, crockery, cutlery, glassware, cookware etc...
- Free drinking water
- BOSE sound system, bring your iPod
- TV & DVD player
- Good quality bed linens and towels
- House Manager/House Keeper: Our househelper (Komang) comes six days a week to clean the house and do laundry for you. She is friendly, competent and a great resource for any help/information you might need during your stay.
- Night Security: Our night watchman (Made) will be on the property from around 8pm until 6am, sleeping in an independent room on the property. We have never experienced any security issues here, so his presence is simply for peace of mind.
The house is on the East side of Ubud, less than 10 minutes by moped/car to the town centre. It is situated in the ricefields outside a small Balinese village so, locally, there are nice walks to be taken through the ricefields and village life to observe. Local amenities are found in Ubud - many wonderful restaurants, shops and entertainment options to be explored!
Two pets live on the property and are cared for by our housekeeper: 'Susu' is a sweet and gentle Bali dog who lives/sleeps outside the house. 'Tiga' is a quirky and affectionate cat who sleeps inside.
Airport transfer (or pick up from previous residence) can be arranged.
We are very happy to provide recommendations on things to do, places to see, places to eat in the area.
My partner and I have lived in this house for nearly 5 years and both run businesses in Ubud. We spend part of the year on Bali and part travelling or visiting family. The house is available whilst we are away so please check the calendar for up to date information on availability.