About this listing
Enjoy this comfortable 1b/1ba duplex (a little house with a private yard) in a quiet and friendly neighborhood -- with big windows, in-house laundry, modern kitchen, fast wifi, sunny patio, and easy parking.
Guests love staying here!
The house is neat, bright, modern, with all utilities included (fast wifi, water, gas, electric, weekly gardening service). It's ideal for a couple. It has a queen bed in the bedroom, and a sofa bed in the living room which opens to a full bed.
There's very convenient access to 101, but it's also near public transportation. If you'd like to, I can leave a bike for your use, too. The heart of Mountain View (Castro St), with all of its restaurants, coffee shops, bookstores, shopping, etc. is just 1 mile away.
Some of the highlights:
- Washer & Dryer inside
- Large modern kitchen: granite, espresso maker, dishwasher, garbage disposal, gas stove, microwave, George Foreman grill, dining table for 4
- Plants throughout the house and outside, nice landscaping
- Flatware, glassware, spices, etc - everything you'll need to enjoy cooking and eating
- Towels, sheets, pillows, etc.
- Nice and bright bathroom with a full tub and a tall rain shower head
- Large bedroom with walk-in closet
- Queen-sized comfy bed (fancy new latex/foam mattress)
- Living room memory foam sleeper sofa which opens into a double bed
- Electric piano keyboard in living room
- Large secure private patio/yard with plants, flowers, and a lemon tree. Provides a nice shady place to read a book or have dinner al fresco. Watch the humming birds come to the feeder!
- Free and easy parking
- Close to farmers market, shopping, parks, groceries, Caltrain, and downtown Mountain View.
I love living here, and so will you.
The house is entirely yours during your stay!
Interaction with Guests
I will be away, but available on the phone and over email during your stay to answer any questions and to help if you need anything. Also, you'll have a local emergency contact with a key (in case you lock yourself out, or have any other urgent need).
The neighborhood is quiet, residential, with lots of trees and good restaurants within walking distance. For more insider tips, see the Guidebook I've put together here.
If you are headed for GOOG's campus [they block the full name here], that's only a 10-minute bike ride from my place. You'll also be very close to Stanford, YHOO, MSFT, LNKD, and other high-tech campuses around.
Easy access to San Francisco (I'm between 2 Caltrain stations), or San Jose (I'm also near the VTA station).
Please keep in mind that this is my home and not a hotel suite. I've put a lot of love and effort into making it comfortable and keeping it clean, and I hope you will treat it gently, the way you'd like your own home treated. Most AirBnB-ers are very thoughtful and respectful and have made it a pleasure for me to share my space with them, for which I'm very grateful!
Here are some specific requests:
1) No smoking, no pets, no shoes inside (please help me keep the place clean and hypo-allergenic).
2) You are welcome to use any dishes/pots/utensils, but when done please leave them where you found them.
3) And -- make yourself at home, and enjoy!
About the Host, Elena
I'm a computer scientist, working on data mining and machine learning for healthcare. I've done a lot of traveling around the world (and hope to do a lot more still) and I enjoy new experiences and new people. I'm a pretty recent addition to AirBnB, but I've been a part of Couch Srfing for years, both as a host and as a surfer and I've always had great experiences there. I'm also a dancer, an adventurer, a burner, and an optimist.