About this listing
Orchid Bay is a resort community located on the beautiful Bay of Chetumal in northern Belize. Casita 9A is an 1150 sqft 2 bedroom (one is a loft) one bath home with a complete kitchen and large screened in porch right on the waterfront.
Casita 9A is the most secluded casita at Orchid Bay with a double water view from the screened in porch (west and north). The Maya Dock boardwalk, built on the submerged remains of an ancient Maya pier, and Maya Beach are right out the front door.
Note: Orchid Bay is actually located 1 mile across the river (Laguna Seca) from Copper Bank, not actually in Copper Bank as shown in the map tab. If you look on the map to the east and north of Copper Bank you will see Orchid Bay Road and Orchid Bay at the end of that road. It is approximately 12 miles from Corozal Town. See below for more directions.
Restaurant, Swimming Pool, 2 Bicycles, Hobie Cat, Kayaks, DVD movies in casita. Paddle Boards are available to rent from Restaurant (Tradewinds Bar & Grill). Laundry service is available from the on site property manager. Wireless internet is available for a fee. Arrangements can be made for excursions to several different Maya Ruins, Cave Tubing, Mennonite Farms and much more.
Interaction with Guests
On site property manager will check guests in and out, and can provide contacts for tours, excursions, and transportation services.
Note: There is single $60 per stay (not per night) cleaning fee to cover maid service, cleaning, etc., in addition to the nightly rate.
We love the peace and quiet that comes with staying here. The security of the property is wonderful and those that live here are fun to visit with. We are located between the small villages of Copper Bank and Chunox.
Rental cars are available at the Belize City Airport, Corozal Town, Chetumal Mexico, or you can drive a rental car down from Cancun Mexico (about a 4 hour drive). If you do not want to rent a car transportation services are available from Belize V.I.P. Transfer Services located in Corozal. See (website hidden).
Other Things to Note
Orchid Bay is in a secluded area between the small villages of Copper Bank and Chunox, in the Northern part of Belize. It does take about 2 hours to reach from the Belize airport, if you fly into the Corozal airport it is about a 45 min. drive on unpaved roads.
Options for getting to Orchid Bay :
1) Fly to Belize City and rent a 4X4. (All agencies have them) There are two options to drive to Orchid Bay. (each takes approx. 2 1/2 hrs and we will provide a map)
a) Take the paved Northern Highway to Corozal and then the last 3/4 hr is on a dirt/gravel/bumpy road. You will also have to cross two rivers on hand cranked ferries to get to Orchid Bay. These are pretty cool as you can ask the gentlemen if it's o.k. for you to crank and they will gladly oblige. This is the best way for your first time to Orchid Bay.
b) Take the paved Northern Highway to Orange Walk. Then turn to San Estevan, Little Belize and then to Orchid Bay.
2) Fly to Belize City and then hire a transfer to drive you to Orchid Bay.
3) Fly to Belize City and then fly to Corozal. Hire a transfer company to take you to Orchid Bay (approx. US$45) or rent a vehicle in Corozal. The cost is approx. $80/day including insurance. Belize has two national airlines : Tropic Air and Maya Island Air.
5) Fly into Cancun and then take Tropic Air to Belize City and then do one of the options above.
6) Fly into Cancun and rent a vehicle. Make sure you ask if the vehicle can be taken across the border to Belize.
7) Fly into Cancun and take ADO bus lines to Corozal, Belize and then get transfer company to pick you up and bring you to Orchid Bay.
This casita is our privately owned home. It was built to North American standards at great expense. Please treat our home with care and respect, as you would like others to treat your treasured property.
Sorry no pets allowed.
Please do not move any of the wooden furniture outside.
No smoking allowed inside the Casita!
No barbecuing allowed in or around the Casita.
When leaving please place dishes in dishwasher and turn on and please take out the trash.