If this is not available and you want your own private, brand new, studio apartment, please see my new Hollywood Holiday (Private Suite):
...Even if my place is not available, I may be :) If you need an all electric ride to/from LAX, anytime, let me know, I accept donations :)
Smartphone users in need of transport, I recommend downloading apps - Lyft and SideCar
- $120/night (includes 14% hotel tax)
- No cleaning fees, nor security deposit
- Public parking garage next door $12/day (cash only, paid directly to garage)
- Central Hollywood location, one block from middle of Hollywood Blvd Walk of Fame, no car needed, EVERYTHING within walking distance
Built in 1920's as hotel, later converted into apartments. The apartment building is located on Cherokee. In the very heart of Hollywood, one block off the Walk of Fame. In 1930, Bing Crosby rented an apartment here for 70$ while filming his first "Reaching for the Moon" (1930)
The building has a lot of character and with kind, artistic neighbors from around the world. Laundry facility(1.25 wash/1.00 dry) in basement of building. Pet friendly building and I am willing to allow pets in apartment on case-by-case basis. Please advise of pets, prior to confirming reservations. It is a gated apartment building, with secure parking garage next door for 12USD/ day. The Geisha House, fine dining restaurant and dance club, Angels and Kings nightclub/bar, Cafe Audrey's, Musso and Frank's, Kress and many more restaurants, bars, clubs are one block walk.
My one bedroom apartment, approximately 850 sqft, is on the 4th floor(top floor) southwest corner of the building. The neighbors are quiet, social, young professionals. We all like to work hard, play hard and share many evenings together, celebrating life in general. The apartment overlooks the parking garage and Hollywood Blvd. The view is amazing! By day, you can see over all of LA, stretching out as far as you can see...by night, the neon of the Boulevard, CNN, Kress, TVGuide Network, Renaissance hotel and Kodak Theatre buildings. The apartment has all hardwood floors, plenty of closet space, full bath, full kitchen (even an old "ice box" turned into cabinet), dinette, furnished living room and california king-sized bed. Before going out to enjoy Hollywood...you can enjoy watching the sunrise and the sunset from this apartment, which gets beautiful sunlight all day long.
The apartment has a nice, peaceful, relaxing vibe, my interior decor still needs some work(I am a single guy:) and I am open to any recommendations you may have while visiting.
Be warned, Hollywood is a very busy, noisy neighborhood. If you are sensitive to noise (helicopters, nightclubs, sirens, screaming, laughter), I recommend a rental in another city. On the other hand, if you are wanting to explore and experience the never-ending nights of Hollywood parties... they are right outside your door:)
You are most welcome here:)
Lastly, 1 to 4 block walking distance....
Hollywood and Highland Center
El Capitan Theatre
Grauman's Chinese Theatre
Madame Toussard's Museum
Walk of Fame
Fredericks of Hollywood
Virgin Mega Store
Polo Ralph Lauren
Pig N' Whistle
Musso & Frank Grill
Lucky Strike Lanes
California Pizza Kitchen
Very, By Wolfgang Puck
Garden of Eden
Highlands Night Club
Vogue Supper Club
I ask you honor my home as you would your own.
In return.... No security deposit, no cleaning fees.
IF you mess it up or take something, don't worry, you don't have to pay:)
BUT Every Traveller after You WILL PAY cleaning fees and security deposit.
Please play nice :)
Stephen is a wonderful, kind and flexible host, very relaxed and considerate to the visitors' needs. His place is really cool, quite large and very comfortable. The sounds of Hollywood are all around, should you want to immerse yourself open all the windows and voila - you're in a movie! The 60" wall mounted flat TV with awesome sound was a very nice perk. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, thank you Stephen!
It was our first time in LA and we spent 10 awesome days. Since our arrival, Stephen picked us up at the airport and we had a "green experience" riding his electric car. We traveled with 2 kids and we were a little bit concerned. The apartment is cozy and spacious. The beds are very comfortable and we could sleep pretty well. His big screen have apple tv and you can connect your apple devices. While you're having meals in the kitchen, you have an inspiring view of Hollywood. It is close to all Hollywood attractions. On Sunday, you can take a walk on a local Farmer's Market. During the week, I had to go Downtown and the subway is straightforward. If you want to go to The Grove or Beverly Center, you can easily take a bus. If you need a car, there is a Budget Car Rental and some Zipcar spots close to his home. Definitely, Stephen's apartment enhances your experience in Hollywood!
Headed to L.A to see a DJ from the UK that was playing at a Hollywood club so we jumped on AirBNB to find a place close to the action and Stephen's apartment was exactly that. I'll list the pros and cons and you can decide for yourself if you are a good fit for his pad:
1. Stephen is incredibly friendly and prompt with meeting up for orientation and getting the keys. He also was available to answer any questions throughout the stay which is great.
2. Location-- You seriously are in the heart of Hollywood with easy walking distance to lots of cafes/clubs/shopping.
3. The apartment itself is spacious and filled with light. Being on the fourth floor allows you to escape a bit of the noise of the city and see the skyline.
4. The shower has fairly good pressure and the bed was quite comfortable for me and my husband who has back problems. But I recommend bringing an eye mask since the windows allow a lot of morning light in.
5. Parking: No, it doesn't come with a space, BUT there is a covered/gated lot next to it and for $12 (cash) a day you can park without worry of being towed.
6. If you're there on Sundays don't miss out on the fabulous Farmer's Market just a few blocks down the street.
1. The building is old and when you first walk in can be a little disconcerting with its run down atmosphere and faint smells of urine and marijuana
2. For the same reason it can be good to be in the middle of Hollywood, it can be bad also--leaving the building one morning we got to witness the homeless guy peeing in the bushes next to the pile of blankets he slept on the night before...what can I say..it's LA!
3. I only saw a few tenants in the building and our host was by far the cleanest/hygienic person we ran into there.
4. The building doesn't have central air/heat. It was cold on our stay and we only had a space heater we kept in the main room so getting out of the shower was a bit chilly...on the flip side I wouldn't want to stay during a heat wave and not have AC.
All in all, we really enjoyed our stay and weather permitting would stay there again. Stephen was an outstanding host!
Stephen is really nice and was very easy to communicate with. His apt is a very cool, loft-like apt, big and airy and with a nice fire escape you can sit out on and look at the hills and the city. We were just there for one night, but it was a cool place to stay in a vintage Hollywood building with original details. Thanks Stephen!
Prime Location & a truly amazing place/Host! Highly recommended~ An Excellent Experience.
This place is so clean and spacious and quirky without being odd!! The location is perfect too.Stephen was a great host. Our only disappointment was TV was listed as an amentiy but had been put away when we arrived. Stephen did offer to set it up for us but we felt it would be rude to (website hidden) may seem irrelevant to most travellers but we like to chill out in front of it each evening when we've been out running around LA all day ! It was one of the reasons we chose the appartment. But for that we'gladly give the place 5 stars
Steve was a great host -- he promptly communicated with us when we were setting up the reservation, was easy to reach when we arrived in LA, and left clear information for us during our stay. The apartment was exactly what we needed: spacious and spotless, with plenty of clean towels and bedding.
This host has 279 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I have been very lucky in my life travels to be so well cared for by family and friends around the world. I am very thankful for this opportunity to return the favor and welcome you in my home.
I love hosting and taking care of travelers.
I love to serve my fellow human beings, to ensure safe and expeditious passage.
My professional life includes private jet aircraft dispatching, Airbnb hosting, 'Lyft' and 'SideCar' driving, 'Taskrabbit' services.
I am looking for help to expand my airbnb listings. If you are interested in free couch/shared living space in exchange for helping me host (cleanings/checkins), please feel free to contact me.