Come for work, study and/or to be a tourist at this conveniently located home. This is a fully furnished home near the Washington DC border with Maryland. Downtown Silver Spring, Takoma Park and two Redline Metro stations are one-mile away. This home is two levels featuring a suite on the lower level with a separate entrance, full bath and kitchenette. Both levels are fully furnished, including equipped kitchens, linens and robust wifi. The street is family oriented and quiet but it has the conveniences of an urban location.
This home is perfect for short- and long-term stays. The space and location is well suited for Internships, fellowships, professional assignments, training, office retreats, sabbaticals and family vacations.
• 3 private bedrooms and all linens
• each bedroom sleeps 2 people--5 beds
• each room also includes a closet, bureau and desk
• central A/C throughout; gas forced-air heat and cooking
• free wifi with a VERY STRONG connection
• washer/dryer, iron/ironing board, hair dryer
• main level features: kitchen, dining/living room with fireplace and hardwood floors, 2 bedrooms, full bath
• main kitchen is fully equipped including dishwasher, coffee pot, microwave, rice-cooker, quality cookware and more
• lower level features: 500sf-3rd bedroom with separate entrance, full bath and equipped kitchenette
• off-street parking for 2 cars
• covered front and back porches and large yard with gas grill
• half block to bus stop
• 1-mile to Takoma (DC) or Silver Spring (Maryland) Metro stations on the Redline
• thorough cleaning and linen laundering prior to your arrival
• half block to bus stop
• within a mile to downtown Silver Spring attractions (restaurants, shops, theatres, markets, cultural events)
• free parking
• ask about free loaner bikes
• free metro shuttle with your luggage.
The house is convenient to Washington, DC business center, Capitol Hill and tourist attractions. It is walking distance to stores, restaurants (email hidden)ly entertainment district (including the AFI Silver Theatre and The Filmore live music venue) in downtown Silver Spring and the eclectic shops of Takoma Park--all are within or near one mile away. There are also beautiful hiking/biking trails along Sligo Creek nearby.
For business travelers, a list below includes a few of the many organizations within walking distance or a short bus ride of the house. It is also a short metro ride to organizations in DC.
American Film Institute Silver Theatre (location of AIRP course)
American Nurses Association
NOAA—National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Social and Scientific Systems
The Fillmore Silver Spring
Three-month, six-month and 1-year terms are available at a lower monthly rate. Please inquire.
Please note: each level is also offered separately on Airbnb (see “Home on Redline DC/Silver Spring” and “Sweet Suite in Silver Spring/DC”). Contact us if you can’t find alternate listings and/or to confirm availability. Please also fill in your profile with an identifiable photo, especially if you do not have Airbnb reviews.
In addition to bedrooms and bathrooms, guests have access to both kitchens, living room, dining room, back deck and yard, laundry facilities, linens, driveway, bikes.
We live next door to the house and take our interaction cues from our guests. Some are more private than others and we respond accordingly. We appreciate at least meeting everyone who will be staying in the house and otherwise remain available as a resource if needed.
The neighborhood is very urban and eclectic. We like the diversity this brings to our restaurants and the food offered in our grocery stores. There is a wonderful Thai grocery across from Safeway. And there are Ethiopian, Vietnamese, Thai and Burmese restaurants all within walking distance. We are also walking distance to a tranquil woodsy park with a lovely hike/bike/jog trail along a creek.
We are a mile from 2 Metro stations and one-half block from a bus stop. Also the neighborhood is very bike/walkable. If you want to grab dinner, a movie or meet friends after work or sightseeing in DC, take the Metro to the Silver Spring Station. If you want to unwind or decompress, get off at the Takoma Station (also cheaper from DC) and enjoy walking along the residential, tree-lined street back to our house.
We have had great guests and there are many we have truly missed after a long-term stay. We recently posted a world map to plot the origins of our guests and have had representation from every continent except Antarctica. We can honestly say we don't just do this for the extra income. We like sharing both our homes and we want you to be comfortable and enjoy your visit.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Extra people:||$10 / night after 3 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||8 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$1350 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$3800 /month|
|Neighborhood:||Silver Spring, MD|
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.