About this listing
The hill of Montmartre (the building is the one with the red bakery literally at the foot of the Sacré Coeur)
In the very heart of Montmartre, in Paris center, at the foot of the Sacré Coeur, ... (unbeatable location)
A cosy, comfy and quiet apartment, for family and Amélie Poulain lovers, ...
A peaceful and delicate atmosphere, far from any noise, ...
(vintage and arty spirit)
On the 2nd floor of a typical and friendly Parisian building, ...
We welcome our guests as our friends, and make our best efforts to make sure you enjoy your stay with us, ...
(and come back!)
At a reasonable pricing, because we don't want to host only wealthy people...
(we value other riches too)
IN BRIEF :
- Unbeatable location
- very well connected to public transport: metro line 2 Anvers and line 4 Chateau Rouge +bike+bus+train to CDG airport/Brussels/London
- lively and arty area (restaurants, shops, galleries, events, cafés, museums)
- 1 bedroom + 1 living with lounge area, dining area and kitchen + 1 bathroom (Italian shower and WC) + 1 hall
- Sleep up to 4
- Wireless High Speed Internet
- Cable TV
- Flat screen TV, DVD, hi-fi sound system
- Fully equipped kitchen with everything to cook, coffee machine, boiler, etc.
- Washing/drying machine for your laundry
- Fresh sheets, linens and towels provided
- Free phone calls to 150 countries
- List of recos and personal tips
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
It’s unbeatable : literally in the heart of Montmartre's, at the foot of the Sacré Coeur.
- Walking distance to Pigalle, Moulin Rouge, Lapin Agile, Place du Tertre, Dali Museum
- The area itself is amazing, a mix of old shops, new designers, little restaurants, amazing spots for a view, the atmosphere of the Old Paris everywhere, whilst connected to the latest trends.
- The building itself is pretty bourgeois and quiet, it hosts cool friendly people.
Direct metro connection to Champs Elysées, Notre Dame, Marais, Sentier, Montorgueil shopping district, flea market of Clignancourt, St Germain, Gare du Nord train station (London, Brussels, Luxembourg, Lille, CDG airport, Orly Airport)
TOP NEIGHBORHOOD, AMENITIES AND RESTAURANTS AROUND
There are plenty of very good restaurants, cafés, lively bars and theatres at walking distance, as well as all the amenities, with traditional butcher, bakery, cheesemonger, fishmonger, quality grocery store, organic food shop, wine cellar, food markets, supermarket, etc... all this one or two blocks away from the flat.
HOME SWEET HOME
The architecture is typically haussmannian with stucco and wooden floors, the furnitures are a bobo mix of cosy contemporary design.
FULLY FURNISHED AND EQUIPPED
- Ample living room with sofa, dining area, bar and kitchen
- 1 bedroom with queen size bed
- 2 singles beds in the living or 1 queen
- one queen size airbed and additional sleepings in the living if needed.
- Complete bathroom with shower and WC
- A fully equipped kitchen with another dining area: fridge, freezer, microwave, coffeemaker, boiler, stove (gas), toaster, utensils, crystals, plates etc.
- washing/drying machine
ENTERTAINMENT AND ELECTRONIC DEVICES
- Flatscreen TV and cable TV
- Hi-fi sound system.
FREE STRONG INTERNET
Wireless high speed Internet (bring your own laptop or your iPhone)
Free and unlimited calls to 150 destinations on landline numbers (USA, CANADA, EUROPE...) but please do not use it for mobile/cellulars.
The kitchen is big and fully equipped with everything to cook, I am a passionate cook myself (I expect you to treat my equipment with much care).
- Dining table
- Micro wave
- Cooker hood and cooktop
- Coffee machine
- Fridge with freezer - Ustensils, plates, cristals, etc.
- washing machine
Safety code and armoured door with safety system. The area is very safe anyway. Even at night, and even for females at night.
MY PERSONAL GUIDEBOOK
I gladly provide you with a booklet of all my personal recommendations and tips for going out, in the neighborhood as well as in other parts of the city which are worth it, and will help you out with your sightseeing and going-out plans.
- a warm Parisian welcome upon arrival
- Freshly clean sheets and towels upon arrival
- High Speed Internet (Wireless and with cable) for free
- Hotspot Wifi Internet in the street, for free
- Washing Machine for free
- TV with cable channels for free
- Phone calls to landlines to over 150 countries, for free
- your keys
- your digital codes to access the building
- our availability for any matter in which we can help you before/during/after your stay
YOU PROVIDE (by order of priority)
- your smile and enthusiasm
- a clean and respectful behavior
- your openness to cultural diversity (we do kiss at first sight)
- your money
- You can book our cleaning lady during your stay if you like, count approx 40 euros.
- The 100 euros cleaning fee charged by airbnb covers the laundry and the usual cleaning of the flat, not dishes, garbage and so on.
You are expected to leave the flat as you found it, there is everything to maintain it clean (vaccum cleaner, detergents etc.).
REASONABLE RATES, BASED UPON OCCUPANCY
We try and adapt the prices to the number of guests.
Price shown includes everything (cleaning, tax, etc.). There is no hidden fee but airbnb fee (approx 10% on top of total).
1P : 90 Euros/head
2P : 60 Euros/head
3P : 50 Euros/head
4P : 45 Euros/head
5P : 42 Euros/head
6P : 40 Euros/head
The system computes it automatically.
Airbnb will take an authorization on your credit card (not charged) to be released 48 hours after your departure, if there is no damage of course. Fully refundable and thus not negotiable. It's like an insurance.
WE CAN'T WAIT TO HOST YOU SOON!!
I am sure that you'll spend an enjoyable stay in Paris and feel like Parisians. Feel free to contact me if you have any question that could help you prepare your stay !
Give me as well some details about you :)
Matt & Odile
No pets, no big parties, no smoking. Respect the French rule : no noise in the neighborhood after 10pm.
For the rest, enjoy !
We will ask you for a copy of your passport per email before or upon arrival. We like to know who we host in advance and it's a french regulatory and mandatory requirement, for insurance reasons mainly.
from 3pm, unless otherwise agreed in advance. If the flat is available before, we're pretty flexible.
For late arrival, please count an extra 25 euros for Odile's taxi back home.
before 11am, unless otherwise agreed in advance. If no guest is following you, you may stay longer in case of late departure, we still are pretty flexible :)
This is not an hotel, you are thus expected to leave it as clean as you found it, there is everything in the flat to keep it clean.
The cleaning fee covers the laundry and the normal maintenance of the flat but not the dishes, trash etc.
You may want to book the cleaning lady extra, just tell us in advance, so that we can organize it for you. Count 100 euros approx.
We will handle the laundry, please leave all your bedsheets on the bed and towels in the bathroom, we'll take it from there.
Please note that there is a safety deposit of 300 euros automatically handled by airbnb before arrival. They take an authorization on your credit card (not charged) and release it 48 hours after your exit, automatically, unless there is some damage in the flat.
Easy, safe and convenient.