About this listing
Beautiful and Excellent Location
Located on the main avenue (Ashford) in Condado. Close to Conrad Hilton, San Juan Beach, Ambassador and Marriott hotels, restaurants:: Chili's, Casa Lola, Perurican, Ropa Vieja, Also close to casinos, boutiques: Cartier, Lous Vitton, Gucci, Yves Laurent, etc., the best beach in Ocean Park and lots more... 10 Minutes from Old San Juan, 15 minutes of International Airport.
Lagoon View Apartment
It is located east of the historic colonial district of Old San Juan.
Old San Juan
The main central part of the city is characterized by narrow streets made of blue cobblestone and picturesque colonial buildings, some of which date back to the 16th and 17th century. Sections of the old city are surrounded by massive walls and several defensive structures and notable forts.
Near Condado are two separate business districts, Santurce and Miramar. Miramar is mainly a residential area rising south of the Condado Lagoon. It comprises the former barrio of Miraflores, as well as drained marshland and landfill over which was built San Juan's first airport, the Isla Grande airport, which was renamed Fernando Luis Ribas Dominicci Airport in honor of Major Fernando Luis Ribas-Dominicci (USAF)
- Return the unit the way you found it.
- ALL electrical appliance (AIR CONDITIONER AND LIGHTS) must be turn off when guest outside of the apartment.... (we pay the highest price for kw/h in all the Caribbean and the mainland US).
Except washing bedding, towels or cleaning of swept, this is included in the cleaning fee
- Pots, dishes and glasses should be cleaned and stored the way you found them. Failure to observe this rule will be charged of the security deposit $25.00
-Take out the trash. Make sure the trash is in a bag and dispose of it in the trash container.
-The maximum occupancy are 2 people.
-Smoking is not permitted in the apartment, bathroom. If you smoke please do it in the balcony and use the ashtray .
-Please be mindful of our neighbors a lot of them use their apartments as their primary residence.
-Also, please dust off all the beach sand from the chairs, towels, your sandals and feet before coming in the apartment.
This condo is in an amazing location close to Old San Juan, near casinos, restaurants, drug stores, grocery stores and within walking distance to the beach. We didn't use public transportation, but along Ashford Ave we saw many bus stops. We rented a car and having a free parking garage was a definite plus.
The place itself is cozy and nicely furnished. Street traffic and noise could be heard at times--but it wasn't bothersome. The A/C unit, as mentioned by another reviewer, dampened some of that sound. You may want to keep that in mind if you're a very light sleeper.
Rey was a great host. He was available upon our arrival and was very attentive and accessible. At one point, our DVD player was not working and he quickly replaced it.
We definitely recommend this place. It made our PR vacation an enjoyable experience.
Rey seemed like a nice guy and was easy to work with. We didn't have any problems getting setup with him and he let us check in much earlier than the stated check-in time, since the unit was ready. The location is good, of course. The unit was not as clean as I would have liked it to be, particularly the shower, but also in general. The bed was clean, so no worries there.
This is a great studio close to the beach and to a park with small outdoor cafes. Security and residents of building friendly and helpful. Rey is a knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating host who will go the extra mile for you. Place is clean and building quiet. Post office, bodega, many restaurants within 2 blocks.
This was my first time using an Airbnb accommodation, and it was a great experience. The description and pictures of the apartment were accurate, the location was excellent, and Rey Vladimir was an attentive, caring host. Here are the details:
- THE APARTMENT: Very comfortable for a studio and very well equipped. My only suggestion would be to add an electric outlet in the bathroom, for guests who use hairdryers or electric shaving machines (I had to use my hairdryer in the dinning space). Other reviewers were right about the fact that the street the balcony faces to can be noisy on occasions, but the A/C helps muffling the street sounds in a significant way. The kitchen has everything one may need: a coffee maker, a large fridge, a microwave oven, a four-stove range and an electric oven. We didn't have to use the laundry facilities, but it was good to know they were available in the building, just in case. Most importantly, it was VERY convenient counting on a free parking space for the car we rented during our stay. The day before our departure, there was no water in the apartment early in the morning, so I called Rey, and in less that 30 minutes he came by to let me know that a problem with the building's pump had been solved. The apartment included not only regular towels but also beach towels, which was another highly convenient detail, as we spent a couple of days on the beach. The Internet connection was reliable for the most part --there were only a couple of short hiccups that only took restarting the modem for fixing them.
- THE LOCATION: Perhaps the best asset of the apartment. At walking distance from the beach of the Hilton Condado Plaza (all beaches are public in PR, so you don't need to be a hotel guest to enjoy them), from the Condado Lagoon, where you can rent kayaks or paddle boards, from a bike rental place, and from restaurants, pharmacies, and convenient stores. The area between the place where the apartment is located and the Caribe Hilton and beyond (toward Old San Juan) is popular among runners. If one likes exercising or is not in a hurry, it is even possible to walk all the way to the Old San Juan from the apartment, although there's plenty of public transportation and taxis passing in front of the building. The back side of the building offers a beautiful view to the Caribbean sea.
- THE HOST: Rey was not only highly responsive to any inquiry and request we made, but also willing to share useful information about places to see, nearby restaurants and ways of getting around the San Juan and the island. Very nice and kind host.
- IN CONCLUSION: I would happily return to this place and recommend it to my friends. Excellent value.
Rey gave me a warm welcome and picked & dropped me off at the airport.
The studio is well located and has all you need! The internet works good.
Not very isolated windows, but no big worries.
Last summer we stayed in Rey's place on the other side of Ashford Ave and had a fantastic time - so we thought we would try his Lagoon View on our next San Juan trip. Can not beat the location! A quick walk to the beach, restaurants and stores! The unit has everything you could need and the 24 hour security at the building was a nice touch - everyone was SUPER friendly! We rented a car from Allied at the hotel next door and drove out to the rainforest one day and Rey's reserved parking spot just down from the building was perfect. Rey is a lovely host! He was always available before and after our arrival and it was nice getting to spend some time chatting with him on the (very affordable!) ride from the airport to the condo. We're already thinking about our next visit!!
This studio in the heart of Condado is perfect for a couple looking to relax by the beach and enjoy the safety of a tourist friendly environment. It was clean and safe and the host couldn't have been more gracious.
This host has 120 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Rey Vladimir
Apasionado, amante de viajar, buen anfitrion. Ven y descubre en mis propiedades lo que buscas al vacionar si de confort se trata
Passionate, lover of travel, good host. Come and discover what you are looking confort. My properties are the best.