Guests receive a spacious room, comfortable bed, friendly hosting and free parking. Also please ask us about free aquarium tickets (a value of $80). Priority is given to guests who book at least two nights based on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.
Built in 2012, this brand new house is a two-storied building (3150 sq. ft) that has all a new and big house has: clean, bright, fresh, spacious and well designed to suit the comfort of modern life. In addition, the house is equipped with water filtering system that makes the water pure, soft and safe.
Please read our details carefully before booking. Thank you for your cooperation.
1) Bedroom and bathroom: you get a spacious and super quiet room upstairs, a clean and comfort queen size bed with high quality linens, a shared bathroom. All towels, shampoo, body wash and toiletry are provided in the bathroom. A cable TV with Dish net work for you to use and WiFi for internet access, a desk and chair.The bedroom is ideal for single or couple, but is also good for small families. There will be a $35/person charge for additional adult who shares one room. Kid(s) who share a bed with parents will not be charged. If you have more people and would like to book more rooms in the same house, please ask as we have other rooms available to accommodate more people.
2) Breakfast: Please ask us for special homemade breakfast.
3) Kitchen: Limited access, such as microwave and toaster. Please ask host for permission to use the stove or oven
4) Free aquarium passes: when you book two nights with us, you will get two free Monterey Aquarium passes, a value of $80!! (First come, first served). You will enter as members without waiting in lines and you will also get 15% discount when you shop in the aquarium. Please contact us for availability.
5) Please no pets, no smoke and no drug in the house.
6) Free Parking in front of the house, in our drive way or in the garage when needed.
Interaction with Guests
I am a professor teaching Chinese at a college in Monterey and my wife is a professional house wife. We love people and love to make friends with people from all over the world.
We guarantee to provide excellent customized services and make you feel like staying in your own home.
Enjoy your stay with us.
PLEASE BOOK EARLY!
The house is surrounded by mountains on the north and the east and a big park is right in the front. Free parking on the street, drive way and even in our garage.
The house is sitting in an extremely quiet,friendly and safe neighborhood.
Our house is economically located in a place where you can come and enjoy all that Monterey Bay has to offer from Santa Cruz to Big Sur. The Monterey Bay Aquarium, historic Cannery Row, Fishman’s Wharf, whale watching, wine tasting in Carmel Valley, fishing, cycling，kayaking or walk along one of the many beaches are with 20 miles.
Our house is located in a convenient place where you find supermarkets, shopping centers and bus stops close by within walking distance. Monterey Salinas Transit Center, Steinbeck Center, and railway station is about 4 miles away, which is accessible by taking buses. Freeway 101 is 4 minutes away and it is an ideal place to stop to or from Los Angeles. Gilroy Outlet Malls are 30 minutes drive on North 101 and Hearst Castle is about 2 hours and half down on South 101. Five miles from the house is Highway 68 whereby you can reach Toro Park (6 miles), Laguna Seca Race Track (14 miles), and Monterey City (20 miles). Hwy 1 and Marina Beach is 13 miles on the West.
We are in a very quiet and safe neighborhood. Right in front of the house is a big grass covered park with playgrounds, basketball, baseball and soccer sports fields.
Other Things to Note
The weather here is beautiful year round, and usually a few degrees warmer and less foggy than immediately on the coast.
Exciting Events of 2014 for Your Reference. Check online for accurate dates:
11/7 thru 11/10 Big Sur Food & Wine Festival
11/17 Big Sur Half Marathon
11/21 thru 11/24 Thanksgiving holiday
tbd Pacific Grove Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
tbd Pacific Grove's Christmas at the Inns
tbd Carmel's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
12/6 & 12/7 Monterey - Christmas In The Adobes
12/31 First Night Monterey (New Year's Eve)
We will do our best to make sure that your stay with us is pleasant and comfortable. Please help us maintain and improve our service quality:
1.We will appreciate it that our guests remove their shoes on all carpeted areas that include living room, bedrooms both upstairs and down stairs. Please wear sleepers or your shoes on the wood floor areas that include hall way, kitchen and family room.
2.Kitchen: Limited access, such as microwave and toaster. Please ask host for permission to use the stove or oven. No food in the bed rooms, please
3. Please keep your voice and TV volume down after 10:00pm.
4. If you take showers before going to bed, please take it as early as you can. Please be considerate that there are other guests in the house.
5. We do not ask for key deposit. However, if you lose it, we'll have to replace locks of all entrances. The cost will be deducted from the security deposit, or we all ask you to pay for the cost for locks replacement.
6. We have Dish network and most of the programs are free. There are also paid program available. If our guests want to watch paid program, please let us know in advance. The amount charged for watching the program must be paid by the guests.
7. Please no pets, no smoke and no drug in the house.
Thank you for your cooperation.
HENRY AND HOLLY WITH A BIG HUG
Henry and Holly were very welcoming into their spacious and elegant house. They were very responsive to my needs and were very eager to supply information on the area and its many attractions. The downstairs bedroom was quiet and very comfortable.
Holly and Henry's home was a wonderful stay for us. We arrived close to 10 pm but checked in and it was not a problem. Both Holly and Henry were home to open the door for us and show us the amenities. We didn't really have the time to converse, but the home was new and clean and had everything we needed. Bed was also very comfortable = great night's sleep! The house is also in a very convenient part of town, right across from a school/playground, in a new construction area. Great find in Salinas!
Oh! and Holly and Henry have guest passes you can use for the Monterey Bay aquarium, roughly 30 minutes away. We had a great time at the aquarium and exploring Cannery and Old Fisherman's Wharf; would definitely recommend.
The room and the house were really clean, tidy, cozy and quiet. They were exactly like the pictures posted. Very clean.Holly was a very welcoming and friendly host making us feel at home. The bed with super comfy mattress was amazing. We enjoyed the night here very much. Highly recommended to others!
Henry and Holly are really great couple! Super nice house and everything is extremely clean! Holly has great enthusiasm for her guests, she also provided surprise for us! We did enjoy our time during our stay. Strongly recommend to you guys!
Very nice hosts and very good response time to my messages. Their home is clean and tidy, very quiet. They made sure I was comfortable and so I'm returning for a longer stay. :)
Arrived to the Henry and Holly home and was greeted by Holly. The home was just as their pictures showed and they were very lovely host. The home was quite, clean and comfortable. Thank you both
This host has 259 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I am a professor teaching Chinese at a Language Institute in Monterey. I am 54 years old. Married. I am Chinese and I got my PhD in Indiana University. I love, Tai Chi, zen meditation, hiking, and literature. My wife Holly Wu was a professional dancer and singer and now she is a professional house worker who loves cooking and maintaining the house. We both love people who bring with them cultures from all over the places in the world.