About this listing
Newly built apartments, situated within a hectare of gated private land. The apartment is cosy, well lit at night and comfortable with basic neccesities. It's minutes away from the beach and near the city, market and city port.
The Kendall Place Apartments are situated in a private place. You will feel the escape from the busy city centre whilst only being a 12 minute drive away. The seaside is only 4 minutes walk and in the early mornings you can stand on your apartment balcony and feel the space of the area and abundance of fresh air.
You will be given a key for access through the gate as well as to your own apartment. You are allowed anywhere within the premises (except other peoples apartments). If you have any questions or worries please go to the blue house (near the gate) for assistance.
Interaction with guests
I have representative staff that manage the run and upkeep of Kendall Place. They will be able to help you or answer any questions you may have first hand and usually can be found in the Blue House. If you want to talk to me then feel free to message me (there is a contact button at the bottom of this page).
Local places to eat:
- there are small 'sari-sari' stores selling cooked food nearby
- there is also a local bakery
- there is Jolibee, if you fancy fast food. About 14 minutes away by sikad.
- the Market is 8 minutes away by sikad, you can buy fresh fish and vegetables, I would recommend to go early in the morning.
- NHA is a place nearby which has small convenience shops that sell most necessities, there are also Laundry facilities and internet cafes.
Places to go
- if you fancy a drink and karaoke, a traditional Filipino passtime, there is a local filipino style bar by the beach near us only 5 minutes away by sikad.
- If you want to relax by the seaside in comfort, there is a resort close by called Sonrisa. It is only 8 minutes away by sikad.
- If you want a casual seaside stroll it is only 4 minutes walk from Kendall Place.
Taxis or cars are recommended for the following:
- Divisoria has plenty of places to eat, shops and restaurants and is open until 10:00pm
- MALLS: Gaisano City, Ayala Mall and Limketkai and SM city are nearby
- In Opol the by-the-sea restaurants are open until 10:00 pm
- For fun loving activities: There is water rafting in Mambuaya, Cagayan de Oro (this activity we can help you arrange with the tour operator)
- Zip-lining in Dahilayan
- a visit to Makahambus cave
*sikad - a man operated bicycle with a seated space attached. This is a convienient way to get around to local destinations!
There are many local sikad services. You can also catch a jeepney (a filipino bus) to the city. The local stop is about 2 minutes by sikad or a 5 minute walk. There are also taxis you can call - we will provide the number. The beach is 4 mins away, the market is around 8 mins away. There are parking spaces on the premises.
The minimum fare on a sikad is 7 pesos.
A rough guide to local destinations by sikad:
To the Marke(URL HIDDEN)20 pesos
To Sonrisa resor(URL HIDDEN) 20 pesos
To Local Filipino style karaoke 7 pesos
To Jolibe(URL HIDDEN)30 pesos
To NH(URL HIDDEN) 25 pesos
Other things to note
* The beds in all the studio apartments have now been upgraded to a larger size (width 54" x height 75") which is a Filipino standard family sized double bed, and will sleep two comfortably.
* The beds in all the 2 bedrooms apartment are semi double beds size (width 47.5" x height 74.5")
Please note (as per the basic amenities listed and basic necessities mentioned) there is NO heating in the apartment, therefore there is no hot water.
*Air conditioning unit for both bedrooms are manually operated.
If you would like a laundry services for clothes / sheets etc, please ask staff in the Blue House to help you direct to the Laundry service
One cleaning service is provided on your check in only.
If you would like extra cleaning services, which include changing your bedlinens and towels for your apartment, please contact me to discuss arrangements and price for this service is 350 pesos or £ 5.00.
Cagayan de Oro is a developing city, with developing infrastructure. On account of this and weather conditions it is not uncommon that there can be entire city/area black outs which can cause electricity/ Wi-fi cuts. Please bear this in mind.
In addition to the Wi-Fi in your apartment, just in case, there is a free second Wi-fi connection provided by the Blue House too.
Please shut doors and windows when the aircon is switched on to maximise the benefit of cold air flow inside the apartment.
Please SWTICH OFF the aircon when you leave the apartment.
Please remember to conserve energy when you can to help protect our environment. (Lights, electricals, air con.)
Do not smoke inside the apartment, only outside or on the balcony with doors shut behind you!
Be mindful of your noise level during the night hours 10:00 pm to 8:00 am.
Before departure please move all furniture to its original place. Please wash the dishes and put them in place.
The key should be deposited back to a member of staff at the Blue House.
For longer stays, please bring your trash/rubbish to the waste container located beside the Blue House.
Each apartment has a maximum number of guest included in the nightly price:
Studio Apartment - 2 guest maximum
2 beds Apartment - 4 guests maximum
Any extra guest :
Adult will be charge at £ 7.00 or 500 in pesos per nightly
Children below 10 years old will stay free of charge.