About this listing
Kona Makai is a beautiful ocean front garden complex with immaculately maintained Hawaiian native plants. It is a very quiet complex with tennis courts, pool, spa, exercise rooms and covered parking. Recommended for adults and children over 14 years.
****** PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL RATE PRICING INCLUDES THE HAWAII STATE GEID AND LODGING TAX OF 13.417%
Kona Makai is a beautiful ocean front garden complex with immaculately maintained Hawaiian native plants. It is a very quiet complex with tennis courts, pool, spa, exercise rooms and covered parking (great for keeping the car cool). We have WIFI, even down by the ocean, and beautiful snorkeling reefs right at the property with access (except in high surf). Watch dolphins, sunsets and whales from the great pool area on the ocean with spa and barbecues. Relax and barbecue your fish down by the ocean. Kailua-Kona is also the home of the famous IRONMAN competition in October.
If you don't have transportation, it is a very convenient 10 to 15 minute walk to town and well known restaurants like Bubba Gumps. It is also minutes from a famous snorkeling beach with a sea wall, lifeguard, and sea turtles. Enjoy shopping in town and at the open market. There is also a trolley that runs along Ali'i Drive which takes you to the shops, movies and restaurants. In town you'll find many tour companies that will take you to various points of interest on the island.
This ground floor condo has NO STAIRS and has easy access to parking. It is set towards the quiet end of the complex. It features a front lanai with great direct views of the ocean and the beautiful gardens. The lanai has a dining set and very comfortable chairs for sunset watching. The bedroom is equipped with ONE QUEEN BED and there is ONE QUEEN SLEEPER SOFA in the living room. The kitchen has a dishwasher, garbage disposal, stove, microwave, refrigerator as well as a stack washer and dryer. There is A/C and ceiling fans in the living room and bedroom. A/C is rarely needed as the mountain/ sea breezes flow right through the unit keeping you comfortable most days. WIFI is available in the unit and throughout the complex. There is no smoking in the unit and Kona Makai complex is a non-smoking complex.
This unit is also listed on the Vacation Rental By Owner vacation site. It is #433778.
Hawaii State GEID and Lodging Tax(13.417%) is included in the rate pricing!
1.Smoking is NOT allowed.
2.People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3.All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4.Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5.Only use appliances for their intended uses
6.Pets are NOT allowed.
PARKING – Covered and open parking onsite is available to renters. Renters must fill out and turn in a registration card located inside the unit. Your car license plate number must be on the registration card. Failure to turn in the Registration Card to the complex office may result in towing of vehicle at renter's expense.
8.Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do supply 2 beach towels. We do not permit bathroom towels or linens to be taken from the units.
9. Toilets: DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the plumbing system, you will be charged for the damages.
9.Jacuzzi: No children under the age of 14 permitted in the Jacuzzi at any time. When using the Jacuzzi, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Jacuzzi hours are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.. Proper bathing attire must be worn in the Jacuzzi
10. Swimming Pool: Pool hours are 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m..
A. Only proper bathing attire will be allowed in the pool.
B. No food is permitted in the pool area.
C. Persons fourteen years of age or under shall be supervised and accompanied by a parent or other adult at all times when in the pool area. Anyone who does not have complete control of excretory functions is not permitted in the pool or Jacuzzi. Infants under two years of age are not allowed in the pool. No diapers!
D. No person with bandages or open wounds of any type may use the pool.
E. No swim fins, mats, boogie boards, foam noodles, or other flotation devices shall be used in the pool. Balls of any type are not allowed in the pool or pool area.
F. No horseplay, running or noisy games (such as Marco Polo) will be allowed in the pool or pool area.
G. All swimmers must shower before entering the pool. Any sand and salt water must be washed off before entering the pool or pool area.
H. Swimmers shall dry themselves completely before leaving the pool area or beach to return to their building.
I. Pool gates shall be closed (locked) at all times.
11.Tennis Courts; Tennis court hours are 7 a.m. until dusk. Non-scuff tennis shoes are required. Tennis only – no skateboards, roller skates/blades or remote-controlled toys.
12. Exercise Room & Weight Room: Exercise Room and Weight Room hours: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.. Facility to be used for workout purposes, not for play area.
13. Recreation Areas: The pool, Jacuzzi, tennis courts, cabana area, barbeques, and exercise rooms are for the use of the residents (apartment owners, lessees or renters, family members, and guests). No container, tumbler, drinking glass, or any other items made of glass shall be permitted in the recreation areas. Audio devices must be used only with earphones (no speakers) as a courtesy to others.
14..Noise: Each occupant is to avoid excessive noise of any type at any time and is to consider the welfare of other residents at all times. Front doors and service doors are to be held (or retained) so as to avoid slamming due to the wind. All musical instruments, radios, TVs, and other audio devices must be played at reduced volume after 9:00 p.m.
and before 8:00 a.m. It is required that noise due to departing guests, particularly at night, be kept at a minimum. Excessive noise at any time should be reported to the Resident Manager who will take appropriate action.
15. Common areas, Entrances and Lanai's:
1. The sidewalks, passages, lobbies, stairways and corridors must not be obstructed or used for any purpose other than ingress and egress.
2. No shoes, sandals, slippers, laundry, dry cleaning, or other items shall be allowed to remain in view at front entrances.
3. Only appropriate furniture and small plants shall be placed on lanais. Any items deemed unsightly by the Board of Directors or Managing Agent shall be removed, upon the request of the Manager. Lanais are not to be used for the purpose of storage of articles of any kind.
4. Textile items, including towels, bathing apparel and clothing, brooms, mops, cartons, drying racks and other objects, shall not be placed on lanais or passages or in windows so as to be in view from outside the building or from any other apartment.
5. All plants shall be placed in containers so as to prevent the drippings of water or soil onto other apartments or the common elements. Care should be taken in scrubbing lanai's so as to prevent water from running down the exterior of the building.
6. Nothing shall be released or thrown from lanai's, windows and entrance balconies.
7. All garbage must be deposited, wrapped or bagged, in the trash bins. All large boxes are to be flattened.
8. No fires or barbecuing will be permitted on any apartment lanai's.
9. The throwing of firecrackers from lanai's and the explosion of any fireworks anywhere on the building grounds or within the building is expressly prohibited.
10. No rugs or other objects shall be dusted or shaken from the lanai's or windows of the project; no cleaning by beating or sweeping shall be done in any hallway or exterior part of the project.
11. Nothing shall be allowed, done or kept in any apartments or common elements of the project which would overload or impair the floors, walls or roofs thereof, (specifically water beds) or cause any increase in the ordinary insurance rates or the cancellation or invalidation of any insurance thereon maintained by or for the Association
12. Water shall not be left running an unreasonable length of time.
16.Storms: If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
·The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
·A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
·The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
§Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
§Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the “Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" is lifted; and
§Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" period.