Urban Micro-Farm & Micro-Spa
Free Unfiltered Fruit Wines (for 21+ yr olds)
Freshly made Yogurt & Baked goods. (customized with advance notice ie gluten free, vegan, allergies) not included in price for weekly or monthly stays, can be added.
Each room is updated to support and balance a particular Ayurveda Dosa. This room is for Pitta.
Room includes desk and bookshelf for contemplative writing and study. QUEEN bed. Cool Decor and Art, with lots of upcycled materials.
Unique Wonderful Area, higher walkability score AND lower crime than Albuquerque average. Near on street and off street protected bike paths. Reasonable distance to car, bike and scooter rentals. On The BEST public bus route. UNM in 8-12 minutes Freeway access in 1 or 2 city blocks (both directions).
24 hour Super Wal-mart, Whole Foods, wonderful local bakery, Lots of independent and chain restaurants, and voted best of Albuquerque Napoli Coffee shop in walking distance. 1/3 acre park with running path, large trees, gym equipment, playground, fantastic mountain views (bring camera at sunset). Smaller quieter park 2 blocks away.
House: My house is vibrant and designed with Feng Shui, Ayurveda, and Color Therapy principals. At a minimum, its just calm and colorful, at a maximum it promotes health. Includes Full Kitchen with everything. You have your own storage for groceries. Full laundry (for weekly stays). 4 bedroom and 1.5 bath house. Large one story house. Stained concrete floors and vaulted, natural wood beam ceilings. Super low (The library, due to wood burning fireplace and Laundry may have some VOC) or NO VOC! Clean air.
Library with lots of books (psychology, health, art, business real estate) and worlds most comfortable reading nook. Natural light and wood burning, all stone fireplace.
Micro Budget Spa Each spa feature is private and can be used by only one person at a time.
* Steam Sauna with mineral salt aromatherapy.
* Infrared (dry) Sauna with Charcoal filter.
* Bright Light Therapy (for seasonal affective disorder and for resetting circadian rhythms). LUX 10,025.
* Electronic massage (rolling, (email hidden)iatsu, feet squeeze massage.
* Ayurveda Chromatherapy (colored light therapy)& sound therapy in Speleotherapy (salt therapy bin). This is something I invented. A changing mandala of color relating to the chakras shines on you as you look at yourself (or not) in the mirror while meditating.
* Rainbow Light Labyrinth Art Installation; At night you walk through see through, mountain of lights. The labyrinth is inspired by Wizard of Oz, female soldiers, and Buddhist virtues. (video on : ) book). Except for the steam sauna and massager, I built all of these myself.
Permaculture Micro-farm. **The animals poop and tear up the backyard CONSTANTLY** Expect a mess. Expect animals to poop and pee whenever.
* Super awesome very tame chickens and goats. Pearl and Amber (chickens) regularly jump on your lap if outside. The other chickens are more reserved. Nigora goats (small fluffy angora goats) mostly condition the soil and produce warm natural fiber. Level 2 Reiki Cheingora Guardian Dog 2 Muscovy ducks (quack-less). 2 silly Angora rabbits and 1 serious lady bunny and guinea pig. Most people, who like animals will LOVE feeding them in the morning. The are all freerange and get along like a quirky animal family. Lots of baby nut and fruit trees, grape vines and berry bushes. Clay goldfish pond, wadding depth (Use what you like, while here). Micro-biotic rich vegetable bed. Kitchen herb garden. Entirely organic. Natural air filtration with plants. Gray water system. House uses chemical-free evaporative cooler. All appliances (except gas heat) are energy star and water wise. An extreme majority of furniture and décor is upcycled. Outdoor patio deck is made from 100+ yr old adobe house ceiling. Many materials upcycled throughout house.
PET POLICY: Pets MUST stay in Room and on leash 100% controlled when in/out house MUST BE QUIET NOT ALLOWED IN BACKYARD unless biosecurity, cleared. Pets are counted as a guest. 20# of pet counts as 1 guest. So your two 10 pound rabbits are 1 guest. Your 40 lb dog is 2 guests. The park is leash only, and includes poop bags/trash cans. Lots of friendly dogs. Smaller park just a street to the north. Quiet.
ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING OR ILLEGAL DRUGS AT ALL!
Need 2 or 3 rooms? Check my other listings and instant book multiple rooms. Booking 2 rooms gives you 1 free guest and 3 rooms gives you 2 free guests. Message me to let me know. (ie book 2 rooms and don't add your guest, just message me)
I have instant booking with 1 day advance and close to instant, if a room is available.
I live here and will meet you at the door, but YOU MUST LET ME KNOW at booking approximate arrival time! Albuquerque has A LOT to offer; Affordable and Authentic. Let me know what you are looking for and I will help you find it faster. (food, art, culture, nature, nightlife, spirit, etc.) If you are just here to sleep, let me know.
First, I am literally exactly 1 minute off the center of the city by car. The freeways cross and you can go anywhere in the minimum amount of time; great for people who want to experience everything Albuquerque and beyond. Second, I am less than a block away from multiple city buses, which, for $2 will take you all over the city and to the train, bus, and airplane. $11 round trip train to Santa Fe. Third, you can rent a bike, helmet & lock from routes rentals or I have a single 7 speed beach cruiser you can reserve with me. Inquire for availability.
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$5 / night after the first guest|
|Weekly Price:||$150 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$500 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
|Pet Owner:||Dog(s) and Other pet(s)|
Amecus was friendly, warm, and ready to give us (my 15-year-old daughter and I) whatever information we needed. The room was cozy and the down to earth style that Amecus had made us feel right at home. We never even saw any other guests although I think there were 1 or 2.
Amecus has a wide variety of interesting pastimes, like kombucha-brewing and unique art projects that make this place really fun, never mind her menagerie of animals in the backyard, from bunnies hiding under pallets to a couple fuzzy sweet goats, and her array of spa machines add to the adventure. Her muffins and fritatta (sp?) were delicious. Fun place!
It was wonderful to stay with Amecus. Meeting and feeding her animals was awesome. I have promised her that I will stay at her property again.
Amecus is very helpful, welcoming, and knowledgeable about the area. The room is comfortable and quiet, and it was fun to meet help feed the animals in the morning! Also, using massage chairs after a long drive was super relaxing.
Amecus was a very kind host and I loved her place. Seeing her goats was the highlight for me, and her house is so unique with so many holistic therapies to try. I wish I had been able to stay there longer to try it all out, but an early flight meant going to bed early so I didn't have much time. The room and bed were very comfortable and I had everything I needed for a comfortable stay. The breakfast she provided was delicious. Highly recommended!
I am so happy that I stayed at Amecus' (website hidden) was a unique experience.She was an excellent host.She was extremely knowledgeable about her area: she was a caring person going overboard by trying to make your experience one that you would remember.If you are thinking about coming to this area to see that many things that it offers; you will be more than satisfied to stay at her home.
I really enjoyed my time in Amecus's vibrant and colourful home. The room was really comfortable and it was great to be able to have some down time. Amecus is an excellent host, providing great information on anything you could want for in and around Albuquerque. The coffee, tea, eggs and muffins were also greatly appreciated! Hanks again :)
Amecus was a great host! My friend and I had a lovely stay at her place. Communication was easy and there were lots of little extras that made our visit to Albuquerque very comfortable.
Amecus is a fancy person which helped me with everything she could! Thanks! She even picked me up when I got lost! And I enjoyed a lot the kitchen in the morning when the bride sun made it
light-flooded and I sat with other guests cozed.
The urban farm experience in Albuquerque. Amecus has done a great job of blending art, eco living and spa treatments. Our room was a little lovely shrine, comfortable bed and warm room on a cold night.
Amecus was a lovely host. She offered lots of great info and recommendations for things to do and eat around the city. Encouraged me to use her massage chairs and indoor sauna. And showed me her sweet animals. A nice experience!