Urban, Micro-Farm & Mini-Spa B&B w' WiFi. Private rooms (queen bed), w' shared kitchen, living room, bathroom, & amenities. Center of city. 3 mins to both freeways.
100% NO SMOKING, NO ILLEGAL DRUGS
*NEW* 10 baby chicks hatched April 16, 2014!
Urban Micro-Farm & Micro-Spa
Free Unfiltered Fruit Wines (for 21+ yr olds)
Freshly made Yogurt & Baked goods. (seasonal & customized with advance notice ie gluten free, vegan, allergies) not included in price for weekly or monthly stays, can be added.
Each room is updated to support and balance a particular Ayurveda Dosa. This room is for Vata. (air)
Room includes desk and bookshelf for contemplative writing and study. QUEEN bed. Cool Decor and Art, with lots of upcycled materials.
Unique Wonderful Area, higher walkability score AND lower crime than Albuquerque average. Near on street and off street protected bike paths. Reasonable distance to car, bike and scooter rentals. On The BEST public bus route. UNM in 8-12 minutes Freeway access in 1 or 2 city blocks (both directions).
24 hour Super Wal-mart, Whole Foods, wonderful local bakery, Lots of independent and chain restaurants, and voted best of Albuquerque Napoli Coffee shop in walking distance. 1/3 acre park with running path, large trees, gym equipment, playground, fantastic mountain views (bring camera at sunset). Smaller quieter park 2 blocks away.
House: My house is vibrant and designed with Feng Shui, Ayurveda, and Color Therapy principals. At a minimum, its just calm and colorful, at a maximum it promotes health. Includes Full Kitchen with everything. You have your own storage for groceries. Full laundry (for weekly stays). 4 bedroom and 1.5 bath house. Large one story house. Stained concrete floors and vaulted, natural wood beam ceilings. Super low (The library, due to wood burning fireplace and Laundry may have some VOC) or NO VOC! Clean air.
Library with lots of books (psychology, health, art, business real estate) and worlds most comfortable reading nook. Natural light and wood burning, all stone fireplace.
Micro Budget Spa Each spa feature is private and can be used by only one person at a time. (except hot tub)
* Salt Water Hot Tub.
* Steam Sauna with mineral salt aromatherapy.
* Infrared (dry) Sauna with Charcoal filter.
* Bright Light Therapy (for seasonal affective disorder and for resetting circadian rhythms). LUX 10,025.
* Electronic massage (rolling, (email hidden)iatsu, feet squeeze massage.
* Ayurveda Chromatherapy (colored light therapy)& sound therapy in Speleotherapy (salt therapy bin). This is something I invented. A changing mandala of color relating to the chakras shines on you as you look at yourself (or not) in the mirror while meditating.
* Rainbow Light Labyrinth Art Installation; At night you walk through see through, mountain of lights. The labyrinth is inspired by Wizard of Oz, female soldiers, and Buddhist virtues. (video on : ) book). Except for the steam sauna and massager, I built all of these myself.
Permaculture Micro-farm. **The animals poop and tear up the backyard CONSTANTLY** Expect a mess. Expect animals to poop and pee whenever.
* Super awesome very tame chickens and goats. Pearl and Amber (chickens) regularly jump on your lap if outside. The other chickens are more reserved. Nigora goats (small fluffy angora goats) mostly condition the soil and produce warm natural fiber. Level 2 Reiki Cheingora Guardian Dog 2 Muscovy ducks (quack-less). 2 silly Angora rabbits and 1 serious lady bunny and guinea pig. Most people, who like animals will LOVE feeding them in the morning. The are all freerange and get along like a quirky animal family. Lots of baby nut and fruit trees, grape vines and berry bushes. Clay goldfish pond, wadding depth (Use what you like, while here). Micro-biotic rich vegetable bed. Kitchen herb garden. Entirely organic. Natural air filtration with plants. Gray water system. House uses chemical-free evaporative cooler. All appliances (except gas heat) are energy star and water wise. An extreme majority of furniture and décor is upcycled. Outdoor patio deck is made from 100+ yr old adobe house ceiling. Many materials upcycled throughout house.
PET POLICY: Pets MUST stay in Room and on leash 100% controlled when in/out house MUST BE QUIET NOT ALLOWED IN BACKYARD unless biosecurity, cleared. Pets are counted as a guest. 20# of pet counts as 1 guest. So your two 10 pound rabbits are 1 guest. Your 40 lb dog is 2 guests. The park is leash only, and includes poop bags/trash cans. Lots of friendly dogs. Smaller park just a street to the north. Quiet.
ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING OR ILLEGAL DRUGS AT ALL!
Need 2 or 3 rooms? Check my other listings and instant book multiple rooms. Booking 2 rooms gives you 1 free guest and 3 rooms gives you 2 free guests. Message me to let me know. (ie book 2 rooms and don't add your guest, just message me)
I have instant booking with 1 day advance and close to instant, if a room is available.
Interaction with Guests
I live here and will meet you at the door, but YOU MUST LET ME KNOW at booking approximate arrival time! Albuquerque has A LOT to offer; Affordable and Authentic. Let me know what you are looking for and I will help you find it faster. (food, art, culture, nature, nightlife, spirit, etc.) If you are just here to sleep, let me know.
Center of city. 1/3 acre park half block away. Award winning, locally owned, Coffee shop (Napolli) and Brewery (La Cumbre) IN WALKING DISTANCE!
First, I am literally exactly 1 minute off the center of the city by car. The freeways cross and you can go anywhere in the minimum amount of time; great for people who want to experience everything Albuquerque and beyond. Second, I am less than a block away from multiple city buses, which, for $2 will take you all over the city and to the train, bus, and airplane. Its $11 round trip train to Santa Fe on the local train. Third, you can rent a bike, helmet & lock from me for $10 a day. I have just one, it is a 7 speed purple beach cruiser with head and tail lights. Inquire for availability. There is lots of free street parking.
1. Don't be a jerk.
2. Clean up after yourself, but don't bother making beds. (unless you want to for some reason)
3. No smoking. no illegal drugs.
4. At booking give me an approximate (at least) arrival time. Check in is anytime after 3pm.
5. Unless you are going to do laundry, clean room, and prep for the next guest, check out is before 11am.
6. Use airbnb system.
7. DO NOT PARK in front of my neighbors house! (kind of goes with don't be a jerk, rule 8). Park in front of, even at the opposite side of my house. In a pinch to the south is ok, but unlikely needed.
Very unique place to stay. Really enjoyed the color therapy lamp and massage chair. Amecus was very helpful and accommodating. Would stay here again. This place is not recommended if you are a clean freak, otherwise a very good option.
Amecus was very welcoming to me from our very first conversation. I was driving from Dallas and had written her on my way there. Once I arrived in Albuquerque, she made me feel at home right away.
Her place is only a few minutes away from I-40, so even for someone who doesn't know Albuquerque, it's very easy to find. I pulled up to her driveway and although it's located centrally, it feels like you are a ways away from the city.
The accommodations were comfortable as well. I slept like a baby in the queen sized bed (pictured) and woke up the next morning feeling refreshed.
I would highly recommend her place to any and all travelers looking for a respite from a road trip, or someplace to stay while exploring Albuquerque.
Ameacus was a sweet host. She gave me great recommendations to experience the Albuquerque culture. The room was equal to the price. Plus she has an array of exotic hens and two goats in the backyard!
We stayed with Amecus for 2 nights and what an amazing experience we had with her. Each room is themed as one of the ayurvedic dosas. We stayed in vata; a light, airy, blue/white room. Another guest was in the Pitta room, red, firey, grounding, earthy. Amecus is a wonderful host. She responded quickly and was flexible enough to let us stay an additional night with short notice. She lots of chickens, two goats, two ducks,and a dog. She even has a salt water hot tub! We loved our experience with Amecus.
I spent my first (of three) nights in the blue bedroom. I was quite comfortable in this room.
Amecus was a gracious host. She made me feel at home in her home. I would stay here again.
Amecus provides an inviting and accommodating environment for the traveler who, like myself appreciates learning from those who live environmentally responsible and artistic lives. This was a perfect stay. It was affordable, educational and inspiring. If you are an adventurer who seeks this type of experience I would encourage you to consider staying with Amecus!
Our stay with Amecus was wonderful! Our bed was super comfy. Amecus made delicious scones and frittatas for breakfast and even let us try some of her homemade kombucha. Loved petting the goats and even got to hold Kiro, one of the chickens! The location is a good jumping off point to explore Albuquerque from but a car or a bike is necessary to get around.
This host has 135 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Ten years ago, I nearly died, 9 times. I lived (obviously I am not speaking through the grave), not everyone did. For someone who catches a mere cold only once every 7 years, the 2 year recovery to do basic things like drive a car, plan a meal or sleep, was world shattering. Besides losing my spectacular health, I lost my career and harmed or maimed important relationships, some irreparably. Previous to the experience, I held no debt. After paying medical bills (the largest bills I have ever experienced) I decided, to buy a house for the same amount I spent on the bills and create a healing place so I can rebuild resilient health. I spent a year with the initial remodel of the house but it is an ongoing endeavor.
Initially I rented rooms to graduate students and it shows. Lots of reading nooks and desks. I started with airbnb in June 2013 and it has been a great success. I would like to offer the opportunity to stay at my home to people interested. I intend to eventually be a therapeutic foster parent for teens. When this works out, the house will no longer be available. I set up a : ) BOOK ( (website hidden) ) page called Albuquerque Micro-Farm, where you see more pictures, and experience the labyrinth, and small videos of the animals.
I am a TEDhead, Life-hacker, U.S. Soldier, Vegetarian, Researcher, Artist, Permaculture Enthusiast, Psychology/Social Work Student. I believe in and constantly strive for resilient health. I've can't resist a dance flash mob :) A 'Foodie', yes I take pictures of food, often.
FAVS: Movie: The Wizard of Oz/currently, The Wolverine; Book: The Velveteen Rabbit, and whatever Malcolm Gladwell recently wrote; Music: Lead Me On (Amy Grant), club remixes of pop songs, Super Mashups; Food: Pizza; Destination: My Hammock (w' book); Show: currently, The Fosters, generally The Colbert Report.
I have many life mottos:
If it doesn't move you, whats the point.
No matter how trustworthy he seams, never give your gun to a monkey.
You can never trust quotes on the internet- Abraham Lincoln.
If life gives you Melons, you may be dyslexic.
At the end of the day, the issue is always, the person in the mirror.
What doesn't kill you...Will really F*** you up!
Never Drink and Derive.
If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are correct; Choose wisely.
Should I go this way or that way? Well it depends on where you want to end up.