About this listing
Our neighborhood is in the southwest suburb of Boston. Even though it is 10 miles away to Downtown Boston, going there by public transportation could be a lengthy trip. You need 20 min. by bus to T station and 25 min. by subway T to Downtown.
We are offering 1-2 bright and beautiful private bedrooms available in a 4-bed family home in West Roxbury.
The bedrooms are clean and comfortable, and have just been renovated with new hardwood floors. A full bathroom is right next door. All toiletries (shampoo/conditioner/body washer, etc) are provided. A half bathroom on the first floor is also available.
One bedroom has a double bed that sleeps 2, one bedroom has a queen size bed with a sofa bed next to it.
With in 10 min. walk, we have Spring st. Cafe, Sofia Steak House; Dunkin Donuts and Tony's place which serves the best Pizza in our town. Within 5 min. drive, there are several other restaurants, such as Japanese, Tai, American...
Parking: on street parking (driveway parking by special arrangement only), but we have never had any problem with parking.
The house is located on a quiet street in West Roxbury, next to a community center (Elk) and a church. It is walking distance to a supermarket, restaurants/cafes and a huge public park that is part of Boston's "Emerald Necklace".
It is a 2 minute walk to public transportation (bus/subway/commuter rail) that will get you to downtown Boston (Back Bay, Longwood area, Harvard/MIT,etc) in about 30 minutes.
We will provide subway cards (which offer a discount over buying once-off subway tickets), but recommend you get a weekly subway pass from the station (they are the best deal for longer stays).
We are also close to the I-95/RT 128 highways if you are driving.
Directions from the airport/train station:
The best way to get from the airport to our house is as follows (it sounds more difficult than it is):
1. There is a free shuttle bus called the Silver Line which will take you to South Station (follow signs for ground transportation). **note this is also the arrival station for Greyhound Bus/Amtrak.
2. Once at South Station, follow signs for the Red Line in the Braintree direction and check to make sure they will take you to Downtown Crossing (it should just be a few stops)
3. Once at Downtown Crossing, switch over to the Orange Line, in the Forest Hills direction. Take the Orange Line all the way to the end (Forest Hills)
From here, the #36 bus will take you pretty much right outside the house (ask to be dropped off at the Moville St stop). But we are at Morrell St. The Moville St. is on the west side of the bus-line while Morrell St (our street) is on the east side of the bus-line.
Modern, spacious and open plan-- living room, dining room, huge eat-in kitchen, laundry room, sunroom and backyard are common areas. Wi-fi and central air-conditioning throughout.
Fully equipped kitchen (with dishwasher), washer and dryer in the basement. Guests are welcome to use kitchen only for eating purpose or simple cooking, such as making sandwiches and soups. Kitchen use request needs to be part of communication before check in. Kitchen and living room area are closed around 10 pm except for those late comers.
Interaction with Guests
We are very easy going people. We welcome our guests to join us for good conversation any time.
If the guests are very private, we'll definitely leave them alone.
Making our guests feel comfortable at home is our goal.
Our neighborhood is the best one in the greater Boston area according to the police report.
It is very safe, quiet and convenient.
We love our neighborhood and try our best to keep the way it is. Hopefully, our guests can do the same.
1. No pets allowed.
2. No smoking in the rooms, please. You may smoke in the yard but please don't leave the stubs in the grass etc.
3.Please do not eat in the bedroom.
4.You may only drink water in your room.
5. Please change into slippers when you enter the house. We provide slippers at the entrance.
You are also welcome to bring your own slippers.
6. Please do not put your luggage on the top of the bed cover.
7. Living room and kitchen are closed at 10:00pm unless you need to get some water.