Quiet and yet in walking distance from the city center. Comfortable space for 1 to 4 people. Your kitchen, living room and bathroom. Supermarkts, restaurants, park, museums around the corner. Cats available for visits and sleepovers. Welcome! :-)
You want to know if this apartment is clean, safe, cozy, roomy, friendly, and conveniently located, right? The answer is yes, to all of that!
In a nutshell:
- complete appartment with kitchen and garden
- riverside location, quiet area
- historic city center at 2km (nice walk!)
- also in walking distance: supermarkets, train station, bus station, park, college & university
- free wifi
- friendly and helpful hosts ;-)
- we give 10% of our income from airbnb to an organisation that cares and finds new homes for abandoned and lost cats
- animal friendly
- great location in Ghent, at 2 km (20 min. walk) from the city centre. Short walk to bus stop, the congress center, park, movie theatre. Also close to the highway entrance.
- you have your own place to cook. the kitchen has a stove, oven, refridgerator and microwave, utensils, blender, coffee maker, pots etc
- one king size beds fits two people. Third and fourth guests can either sleep on an unfoldable couch bed in the same room, or on an double, comfortable and thick air mattress in another room.
- you have your own little terrace and garden (where you can smoke if you want - no smoking in the house please)
- supermarkets, bakery, restaurants and a health food store within walking distance.
- all the privacy you need (we live upstairs; separate entrance)
- we will be glad to give you tips and answer all your questions about your visit. Several English language tourist guides (Ghent and Belgium) are available for you.
- Ghent is a great home base to visit other historic cities in Flanders, like Antwerp, Bruges or Brussels. They are all a short train ride away, and we are a 15 minute walk from the train station.
- If you are vegetarian/vegan, let us know and we'll provide you with more info on places to eat.
- we speak Dutch, English, French and some German/Spanish/Portuguese
- if you welcome cats, you can let them in from the garden
- if you bring your own animal, let us know and we'll prepare a comfortable spot for him/her
- parking space in front of the house is just 3.5 € for a whole day; or park your car for free a five minute walk further down the street
- please note that the appartment is a little below ground level (with large windows on both sides), which means that in summer the appartment remains comfortably cool, but can also, depening on the weather, be a bit more humid than an average room.
Oh and don't underestimate Ghent. It's too much for one night (see, for instance (URL HIDDEN)
This spacious appartment with small city garden is situated at the river and is a mere two kilometers from the historic city center.
It has a wide living room+bedroom with a double bed (1.80m wide), a separate kitchen, bathroom and toilet (towels and linnen are included of course) and an ample hallway. We have an additional two person unfoldable couch bed, or a double air matress, so four people can easily fit in this apartment.
Interaction with guests
We live right above you and can help you with whatever you need. During office hours we are at work but you can reach us through mail, phone, text...
Other things to note
If you like cats: some of our critters may tap your window, showing you they'd love to come in, but it's up to you to let them in or not :-)
Check-in is 3pm, check-out is 12pm (we are flexible whenever possible).
No smoking inside, but you can smoke on the terrace/in the garden
Please sort your trash: glass, cans and tetra (cartons) in the box, general trash under the sink, paper in cardboard box, glass next to the trashcan.
When you leave, please check if we are home to say goodbye, and otherwise just leave the key on the table :-)
I'm a 37 year old woman, living together with my boyfriend Tobias, our two dogs (Podencos) and many cats (six permanent felines, others in temporary fostering). I love cooking (vegetarian/vegan food), gardening, reading, and watching TV-series like Dexter, Breaking Bad or Downtown Abbey. Me and my boyfriend both work in Ghent, in a non profit organisation
We love opening our home to guests and help them to have as enjoyable a stay as possible. We also love Ghent, our town. It is neither too big or too small, and has been ranked as the third most authentic city in the world by National Geographic. We're sure you'll love it too.
As for travelling, I've seen several Africa countries, have travelled in Thailand and India, and during the last few years me and my boyfriend have really loved our road trips in the USA.