This roomy appartement is in a quiet location, the city center is within walking distance. The place fits one to four persons. You have your own kitchen, bathroom and even garden. Supermarkets, restaurants, park all in the area. Welcome!
You want to know if this apartment is clean, safe, cozy, roomy, friendly, and conveniently located, right? The answer is yes, to all of that!
In a nutshell:
- complete appartment with kitchen and garden
- riverside location, quiet area
- historic city center at 2km (nice walk!)
- also in walking distance: supermarkets, train station, bus station, park, college & university
- free wifi
- friendly and helpful hosts ;-)
- we give 10% of our income from airbnb to an organisation that cares and finds new homes for abandoned and lost cats
- animal friendly
- great location in Ghent, at 2 km (20 min. walk) from the city centre. Short walk to bus stop, the congress center, park, movie theatre. Also close to the highway entrance.
- you have your own place to cook. the kitchen has a stove, oven, refridgerator and microwave, utensils, blender, coffee maker, pots etc
- one king size beds fits two people. if you are three or four, we can put an extra air matress (a big, thick, comfortable two person matress)
- you have your own little terrace and garden (where you can smoke if you want - no smoking in the house please)
- supermarkets, bakery, restaurants and a health food store within walking distance.
- all the privacy you need (we live upstairs; separate entrance)
- we will be glad to give you tips and answer all your questions about your visit. Several English language tourist guides (Ghent and Belgium) are available for you.
- Ghent is a great home base to visit other historic cities in Flanders, like Antwerp, Bruges or Brussels. They are all a short train ride away, and we are a 15 minute walk from the train station.
- If you are vegetarian/vegan, let us know and we'll provide you with more info on places to eat.
- we speak Dutch, English, French and some German/Spanish/Portuguese
- if you welcome cats, you can let them in from the garden
- if you bring your own animal, let us know and we'll prepare a comfortable spot for him/her
- parking space in front of the house is just 3.5 € for a whole day; or park your car for free a five minute walk further down the street
- please note that the appartment is a little below ground level (with large windows on both sides), which means that in summer the appartment remains comfortably cool, but can also, depening on the weather, be a bit more humid than an average room.
Oh and don't underestimate Ghent. It's too much for one night (see, for instance (website hidden))
This spacious basement appartment with small city garden is situated at the river and is a mere two kilometers from the historic city center.
It has a wide living room+bedroom with a double bed (1.80m wide), a separate kitchen, bathroom and toilet (towels and linnen are included of course) and an ample hallway. We have an additional two person air matress, so four people can fit in this apartment.
Interaction with Guests
We live right above you and can help you with whatever you need. During office hours we are at work but you can reach us through mail, phone, text...
Great location in Ghent, in the so called "art district", at a 15 min. walk from the city centre. Short walk to bus stop, the congress center, musea, park, movie theatre. Also close to the highway entrance.
Twenty min. walk from the train station.
The city center is within walking distance, but you can also take a bus that stops close to us. Train station is also within walking distance, so you can use our location as a base for visiting other cities like Brussels, Antwerp, Bruges... all a trainride away (30 - 50mins.)
We suggest two days and nights in Ghent, during which you could do the following:
day 1: historic centre (Belfry, Cathedral...) in the morning; Count's Castle, Patershol, Caermersklooster, Design Museum... in the Afternoon; evening walk and dinner at night. Day 2: the musea (STAM and SMAK) in the morning; shopping in the afternoon. Maybe a concert or a bar at night.
We have tourist English tourist guides available for you.
Other Things to Note
If you like cats: some of our critters may tap your window, showing you they'd love to come in, but it's up to you to let them in or not :-)
Check-in is 3pm, check-out is 12pm (we are flexible whenever possible).
No smoking inside, but you can smoke on the terrace/in the garden
Please sort your trash: glass, cans and tetra (cartons) in the box, general trash under the sink, paper in cardboard box, glass next to the trashcan.
When you leave, please check if we are home to say goodbye, and otherwise just leave the key on the table :-)
We hebben een prima verblijf gehad in het appartement van Melanie. Het was lekker ruim, van alle gemakken voorzien en we hadden geen last van omgevingsgeluiden. Met een ± 20 minuten durende wandeling naar het centrum een prima uitvalsbasis om Gent te ontdekken!
The apartment is exactly as described. It's a perfect place to stay in Ghent, close to the city center, 15 minutes walk from train station and just five minutes from the university. The neighborhood is quiet, but there are supermarkets and cafes.
Melanie and Tobias were very helpful and they were very flexible with the checkin and the checkout. I strongly recommend to stay in their apartment if you are visiting Ghent.
We had a really good time in Melanie and Tobias' apartment. They made our stay in Ghent easier and were so helpful. Our flight arrived earlier than we could check in but they allowed us to check in earlier anyway (also we could leave later than what we were supposed to).
They were nice and leave all kind of tour guides possible for us to use them, as well as maps and tips for us to stay in Ghent. They even helped us when one of us got sick! :)
The appartment was fully equipped and although it was a bit far from the city centre, it was a nice walk to get there (25minutes approximately).
We are really happy for our decision to stay there and we recommend it by heart!
Great flat and very friendly owners!Would recommend it to anyone who wants to visit Gent!
Nice Appartment, really calm and warm, nice walk to go to the city center along the canal, we enjoyed it ! Melanie and Tobias were super nice and quick to answer. I recommand !
Ruim en netjes appartement! De informatie over Gent die ter beschikking wordt gesteld door de verhuurders is erg bruikbaar. Parkeren kan voor de deur voor 3,50 per dag en Tobias heeft ons zeer vriendelijk onthaald!
Inderdaad een heel aardig appartement op een prima locatie, op loopafstand van het centrum. Het uitzicht is niet zo bijzonder maar wel leuk dat er water voor de deur is. Er lopen nogal wat voetgangers langs maar het huis is verder rustig. Je moet niet allergisch zijn voor honden of katten want daar zijn er genoeg van, allemaal lief trouwens. De gastheer en gastvrouw waren veel thuis wat gemakkelijk is als je wat nodig hebt zoals een stofzuiger. En ze waren vriendelijk, flexibel en zeer behulpzaam. Tegen een aanvaardbare prijsEen aanrader dus.
even toevoegen dat gasten de katten en honden enkel met de dieren in aanmerking komen als ze dat willen. katten noch honden komen in de regel niet in het appartement, maar af en toe kan er wel eens een kat binnensluipen tijdens het verluchten van het appartement :-)
I'm a 35 year old woman, living together with my boyfriend Tobias, our two dogs (Podencos) and many cats (six permanent felines, others in temporary fostering). I love cooking (vegetarian/vegan food), gardening, reading, and watching TV-series like Dexter, Breaking Bad or Downtown Abbey. Me and my boyfriend both work in Ghent, in a non profit organisation
We love opening our home to guests and help them to have as enjoyable a stay as possible. We also love Ghent, our town. It is neither too big or too small, and has been ranked as the third most authentic city in the world by National Geographic. We're sure you'll love it too.
As for travelling, I've seen several Africa countries, have travelled in Thailand and Asia, and during the last few years me and my boyfriend have really loved our road trips in the USA.