About this listing
Whether you're here for business or pleasure, You can have instant access to your home away from home! The house is equipped with a nice office space for working, the proper items you need for entertaining, or just relaxing after a long day!
The open living room, & kitchen provides plenty of room for entertaining or just relaxing for the evening.
We are close to all Louisville has to offer- downtown area, UofL, Zoo, hospitals, airport, local shops and so much more!
Approximately 1 MILE from I-65, I-64 and I-71!
Less than .5 from NULU Art District
1.0 miles from the Highlands neighborhoods (Bardstown Rd Area).
1-2 miles from 4th Street LIVE, the Convention Center, YUMM Center and Louisville's Waterfront (Downtown)
1.5 miles to Frankfort Ave Historical District
3.3 miles to the University of Louisville
Less than .5 From University, Norton's, & Jewish Hospitals, In Addition to Kosair Childrens Hospital, UofL Medical and Dental Schools
4.4 miles from Historic Churchill Downs!!!
4.0 miles from the Louisville Zoo.
Walking distance to boutique stores and wine & beer shops.
Bus stop on Muhammad Ali for downtown or walk to main street for Trolley Stops
- 3 Bedrooms (2 Queen beds and 1 full size bed)
- Office with 1 full size futon microfiber sofa for additional sleeping space.
- Finished basement, that features new floors, 2 twin day beds, play area for kids and two chairs.
- Play space for children that includes a small flat panel TV, WII console and games, a DVD player with a few disney movies, netflix access/hulu access, Children's books, games and toys.
- 2 Full baths
- **AT&T Uverse Wireless Internet**
- 24/7 Wireless Home Security & Fire Alarm System.
- Open Kitchen/Living room format with a flat panel Smart TV with Netflix, HULU, etc, DVD Player and stereo ( ***No cable but local tv ***).
- Fenced-in backyard with back porch and seating area. OTHER AMENITIES INCLUDE:
- Central A/C, heat
- Hardwood floors through out the house.
- Stove/Oven (with pots, pans,& baking pans)
- Coffee maker
- Tea pot
- Blender & Food processor
- Slow Cooker, Hand mixer, & Electric Skillet
- Washer & Dryer
- Iron & Iron board
- Folding 6' Table & Chairs for additional dinning space.
- Dishes, linens & towels provided.
- If you forget your soap or shampoo's, no worries, we'll have a limited supply for you.
- Hair dryer
- Hula Hoops of all sizes, for kids of all sizes.
- Yoga mats.
- A play/ pack crib, two baby gates, and youth plates.
- ***Traveling Book Library. Anything in our library bookshelf can go home with you if you want. Leave a book, take a book (unless otherwise indicated on the book).
- On street parking: Both sides of the street.
-- PLEASE NOTE Parties greater than 5 people or that are traveling with PETS should not use Instant Booking, rather they should contact me prior.
** Please keep in mind, that ALL RATES & CLEANING FEE includes State Transient Tax and Sales Tax built-in (Totals of 7%) ***
Babysitting services can be arranged with advance notice for additional fees with the sitter.
Four legged family members are welcome in our house for an additional $25.00 pet fee. Pet's must be pre-approved prior to reservations being accepted ( NO INSTANT BOOKINGS with pets). We do hold the right to refuse certain breeds of animals. Please understand we are not "breed" biased, but our insurance company is a different story.
Pets are never to be left in the back yard unattended. If you are leaving the property you must either take your pet with you or secure it safely in a crate.
When booking, please let us know if you will be traveling with a pet. Also include, breed, age, immunization status, & if you will be traveling with a crate or not.
The entire house with the exception of the owners closet downstairs.
Interaction with Guests
Very little after guest are in the house and settled.
Guest always have access to myself, however we won't disrupt your stay. We may check in by text (if that's an option) but most likely we won't actually meet.
I love that my house is just minutes from all the best things this city has to offer, yet the neighborhood is quite for an Urban environment. Walk, Bike or Drive you can visit the hottest restaurants, galleries, parks or shops. Catch the trolly and be down at the Riverfront, Actors Theater, or one of the multiple museums.
You can catch a city bus on either corner of the house, walk 4 block and catch a city trolly, bike to the river front, or take a quick taxi to almost any area you'd want to go.
Other Things to Note
We're so excited to be celebrating our first year on AirBNB, with many successful visits and look forward to future guest. Thank you to all our guest who make this an incredible experience.
We love having guest in our house, but please be mindful and respectful of our space & neighbors. Mainly, please treat it as you would treat your own home.
* Parties greater than 5 people or that are traveling with PETS should not use Instant Booking, rather they should contact me prior.
* Quiet hours after 10 p.m. weeknights, and 11 p.m. weekends.
* This is not a party house...please do not bring people in as guests, if you have not registered them with us.
* Please no smoking in the house. Guest are permitted to smoke on the back porch or outside in the front. There are ash trays cans provided on the front and back porch for butts, please make certain they end there.
* No drugs or illegal activities.
* Pets are only allowed with pre-approval. Do not leave pets unattended in the yard. If you do leave the house without your pets, we prefer that you create them if possible. Also, no pets are allowed on the furniture.
* Please close and lock all doors and windows when you leave the property. Also make certain that water in the sinks are turned off completely.
* Have Fun and Enjoy your stay
The Kitchen is stocked with all the appliances one would need. Blenders, choppers, coffee maker and more!
Rebecca's home was welcoming, clean, beautiful and spacious! There were four of us (including myself) and we all were extremely comfortable during our stay. The location is very central, we were able to walk to Bardstown to restaurants and other attractions. The neighborhood was very quiet and safe.
Although we did not get the chance to meet Rebecca, we appreciated the privacy she gave us. She also was very easy to get ahold of and responded quickly to any texts. Rebecca was a very accommodating, kind and gracious host. We hope to visit again soon, and hope to be able to express our gratitude in person.
I would highly recommend her home to anyone visiting the area!
Rebecca was an excellent host. She made sure that everything was taken care of prior to our arrival. We arrived shortly after the slated 4:00 check-in time and upon walking in the front door felt completely at home there. The fans were running and the A/C was on -- crucial considering we were attending a music festival and the temperatures were around 95 degrees that day.
The description of the house doesn't do it justice. This is an amazing spot that is walking distance to the main strip of Nulu restaurants. We even walked all the way down to the Waterfront park on Saturday afternoon. The sleeping arrangements were perfect after a long day in the sun and exploring downtown Louisville, and the living room is great for have a group of people hang out in case the weather doesn't cooperate. We even watched a huge storm roll in on the back deck to unwind Friday night.
Lastly, the pantry is awesome. There are plenty of spices, oils, condiments and all those little things that you forget to bring or don't want to buy on a weekend trip. There's also a little market within a stones throw of the house so cooking meals in the kitchen is a breeze. I didn't have any books to contribute to the traveling library but I definitely will next time we stay here.
The neighborhoods around the house can be a little industrial to the east, but we never felt unsafe at any point in the weekend, and we still opted to walk to and from the festival each day.
The house was great. It had all the makings of feeling like we were home. The location was close to downtown and many other attractions around the area.
We had a great experience. Communication with Rebecca was quick and easy, and the house was clean, comfortable, and thoughtfully appointed. Neighborhood was quiet and and easy walk to the Market St. restaurants and shops. Would definitely stay again.
Rebecca is a wonderful host with a beautiful rental! What you see in the pictures is exactly what you get! A very clean well equipt home!
Thank you, Rebecca! We came to Louisville for my son's wedding and had a wonderful time.
The house was exactly as pictured. The location was fabulous. Easy access to downtown and we could even walk to the Highland area. We also found a hip little coffee shop within walking distance, Please & Thank you. The kitchen was perfect. Everything was well labeled and easy to find.
This was my first adventure with Airbnb and I was super pleased.
About the Host, Rebecca
Thanks for taking interest in our family and property. I am a very proud mother of two very awesome girls. I've been fortunate to work for an amazing software company, while telecommuting from home. (if you ever need a help desk software please check out HelpSpot). Working from home is not for everybody but it works for me and affords me the option to work from anywhere provided I am on the grid
My other passion includes, natural foods, photography and circus/aerial arts. I have taught hoops and fire eating/spinning for the past 7 years. I train in Aerial Silks, Lyra and Pole. It's a family affair. My oldest daughter also performs/ trains in aerial arts when she's not in school or playing with our youngest. My partner Chris, has been in the entertainment industry for his entire professional career.. so it works. :)
Though we spend most of our time in our Nashville house, our Louisville house is home. It is where my daughter took her first steps, where we've entertained many family and friends, and where we go to rejuvenate. That said, it's sad to let it sit empty the majority of the time, so we've decided to open our home to guest. I love meeting new people and I love this awesome city. I hope that you find it to be as wonderfully weird as we do.
If you should have questions, please feel free to ask and thank you in advance for your interest. Your choice to stay with us directly impacts my family and friends, so thank you.