This room is in the top floor of my three storied house with sufficient ventilation and fresh air. Since our house is far from the main street, there is less noise pollution. ALSO LOOK FOR MY ANOTHER LISTING IN SAME FLOOR FOR LONG / CHEAPER STAY.
My room has enough space for two people to accommodate and enjoy their stay. There is sufficient furniture's and other daily needs such as water heater, glass etc inside the room. Neat and clean bed sheets and blankets are always in your calenders.The room size is enough for free movement as well. 10 Mbps Internet Speed on Volume based is also available in the room.
You are free to enjoy whole place on your own, from kitchen to common rooms and other rooms as well. Roof top garden is the shared area along with the (email hidden)e private room is on the top floor with western style restroom and hot shower.Since we are using Solar energy for hot water, during winter we have to wait until the sun comes to get water heated.
We also offer a modern kitchen with all utensils including toaster, coffee maker, micro-oven for a long stayers.You can even cook your own food and share to us. Please ask me before you want to do so as extra cost per day is added to cover the cost of Gas ( USD 2 per Day).
Interaction with Guests
Yes of course, I and My wife Shila will be available almost the time you need me during your stay with all your needs to resolve. I can attain you to show the locations and travel route as per your needs along with any bookings for trekings. I can also help you to volunteer in my community organisation during your stay. I will also provide you a Nepali GSM sim card to which you can top up yourself for temporary use. Nepali authentic foods can also be tasted/served during weekends in my house. Two times tea will be served for free whenever you want. Please confirm your arrival and departure time on my email.
I am in a calm neighborhood. People are friendly here and will say Hi or Namaste (Nepali way of Greeting) whenever they encounter you in the street.
Right three blocks away, you will find sufficient local public transportation to the major destinations in the city. You can take a taxi from the International Airport and ask for a place SIPHAL. When you reach Siphal you will see a big Football(soccer) ground infront of you, when you turn right ( In a corner there is Siphal Pharmacy) from the street you will see a small water tank, which is literally collapsed recently while widening the road ( Siphal Pani tanki) next to the road. Please follow a bill board "Paradise English School" From the water tank, turn left to the street called Pannahiti Marg- a steep road towards west, my house is just three blocks away in the right. You can get sufficient city and micro buses to Thamel ( a touristic area for hangouts). Likewise, a minute walk- plenty of taxis in the taxi stand is waiting on the corner of the Football Ground.Easily accessible any time with taxi in my house.Pharmacy is 100 mtrs away- Taxi Stand is 100 mtrs away-Oyster Fast Food is 70 mtrs away- and there are big hospitals in just 1 KM in radius.
Other Things to Note
Since we belong from a culturally rich place called Janakpur. We have our own style of cooking food , languages and attires. So, there will be additional chance to learn a culture from Mithila whilst you stay in my house with my family.
I wish you will simply love the stay in my house. Have a nice Journey!!
No house rules are different than your own house but still some of the things that you need to consider:
1. As the private room is on the top floor with a huge terrace, if you smoke outside the room on the top floor will be highly appreciable. I have little daughter so I don't want her to become passive smoker.
2. Please do inform us in advance if you would like to have dinner/meals at home as it takes time for preparation.
3. As Nepal has loads of power cuts and we run on backup inverter batteries, charging or using heavy duty electrical appliances cannot be supported by the inverter so, please bear in mind that charging mobiles and laptops are only way to keep happy. During day time when there is no electricity, the Inverter are always shut down. Please ask if you need some work to be finished by day time. When there is no electricity a torch in your list would be worthwhile.
4. If you have any laundry to be done, please inform anyone in my house so that we can plug the washing machine and open the tap for your easiness. We charge 3 USD ( Max 6 Kgs) to cover detergent and electricity cost for the laundry, which is nothing in terms of what we pay for the electricity.
5. If you are coming home late, it would be appreciated if you inform earlier so that necessary arrangements in locking the gates can be managed.
6. Outside Shoes and Sandals are not allowed inside the room and staircase. We have to take off our shoes before entering in to the house. There are shoes racks to store the shoes.
7. Since I am not taking any cleaning fees, please bear in mind that cleaning your room and cleaning bathroom is up to you. vacuum cleaner and brushes are available-pls ask.
The best home stay house I ever had! Pawan and his nephew really helped me a lot! The room was tidy and lovely. Do find this place to stay in Kathmandu :)
Pawan is really nice.His house is very warm and (website hidden) is very lucky to live here,it made me felt peace and happy
I truly enjoyed my stay here at Your Next Home, the room was cozy and spacious. Pawan and has family are incredibly helpful, and Pawan gave us good advice on where to go, how to get there etc. Also had some good conversation with Pawan about Nepal and learnt quite about the country. Thank you very much for having us and being tremendously hospitable and friendly!
we really have a good time in Pawan’s house. He will give us so many information about Nepal. You must trust the guy~ his house is nearby the airport in a local and silent place~it's much better than the center part~thanks for helping us everything
I really appreciate Pawan helping me to arrange trekking trip and provide information before my trip
He and his family are very friendly and you can feel their hospitality immediately
I love the balcony and the top floor with good view
And the trekking trip which arrange by Pawan was perfect, and I want to thank he and his nephew that help me went through this stunning experience
Although I only visit Nepal for a week, I had good time and enjoy my stay here
I will definitely to visit it again
This host has 18 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hi! My name is Pawan and you can call me "Pouen" and I am associated with a community NGO since 2000 in Nepal. Originally, I am from Central East part of Nepal where my ancestral belongs to. Currently I am leading a NGO called Synergy Foundation in Kathmandu. I have almost traveled Asia, USA, South America and Europe during my work. My hobby is to travel. I have traveled almost 75 % of rural Nepal. I have been accommodating so many friends from American and European universities and assisting their thesis work as well. I have joined airbnb to fund raise for my Foundation so that each earnings goes to the quality education of children from marginalized communities. I hope you guys will be a part of this good cause as well. I make time to talk to my guests and offer help / advice when needed.
Our guests can expect a clean , safe and homely environment while in Nepal.We provide home cooked meals and all the comforts of home .