About this listing
This room is in the top floor of my three storied house which is completely safe after the Mega EarthQuake fitted with quake alarms and with sufficient ventilation and fresh air.ALSO LOOK FOR MY ANOTHER LISTING IN SAME FLOOR FOR LONG /CHEAPER STAY.
My room has enough space for two people to accommodate and enjoy their stay. There is sufficient furniture's and other daily needs such as water heater, glass etc inside the room. Neat and clean bed sheets and blankets are always in your calenders.The room size is enough for free movement as well. 10 Mbps Internet Speed on Volume based is also available in the room.
You are free to enjoy whole place on your own, from kitchen to common rooms and other rooms as well. Roof top garden is the shared area along with the bathroom.The private room is on the top floor with western style restroom and hot shower.Since we are using Solar energy for hot water, during winter we have to wait until the sun comes to get water heated.
We also offer a modern kitchen with all utensils including toaster, coffee maker, micro-oven for a long stayers.You can even cook your own food and share to us. Please ask me before you want to do so as extra cost per day is added to cover the cost of Gas ( USD 2 per Day).
Interaction with Guests
Yes of course, I and My wife Shila will be available almost the time you need me during your stay with all your needs to resolve. I can attain you to show the locations and travel route as per your needs along with any bookings for trekings. I can also help you to volunteer in my community organisation during your stay. I will also provide you a Nepali GSM sim card to which you can top up yourself for temporary use. Nepali authentic foods can also be tasted/served during weekends in my house. Two times tea will be served for free whenever you want. Please confirm your arrival and departure time on my email.
I am in a calm neighborhood. People are friendly here and will say Hi or Namaste (Nepali way of Greeting) whenever they encounter you in the street.
Right three blocks away, you will find sufficient local public transportation to the major destinations in the city. You can take a taxi from the International Airport and ask for a place SIPHAL. When you reach Siphal you will see a big Football(soccer) ground infront of you, when you turn right ( In a corner there is Siphal Pharmacy) from the street you will see a small water tank, which is literally collapsed recently while widening the road ( Siphal Pani tanki) next to the road. Please follow a bill board "Paradise English School" From the water tank, turn left to the street called Pannahiti Marg- a steep road towards west, my house is just three blocks away in the right. You can get sufficient city and micro buses to Thamel ( a touristic area for hangouts). Likewise, a minute walk- plenty of taxis in the taxi stand is waiting on the corner of the Football Ground.Easily accessible any time with taxi in my house.Pharmacy is 100 mtrs away- Taxi Stand is 100 mtrs away-Oyster Fast Food is 70 mtrs away- and there are big hospitals in just 1 KM in radius.
Other Things to Note
Since we belong from a culturally rich place called Janakpur. We have our own style of cooking food , languages and attires. So, there will be additional chance to learn a culture from Mithila whilst you stay in my house with my family.
I wish you will simply love the stay in my house. Have a nice Journey!!
No house rules are different than your own house but still some of the things that you need to consider:
1. As the private room is on the top floor with a huge terrace, if you smoke outside the room on the top floor will be highly appreciable. I have little daughter so I don't want her to become passive smoker. 2. Please do inform us in advance if you would like to have dinner/meals at home as it takes time for preparation.
3. As Nepal has loads of power cuts and we run on backup inverter batteries, charging or using heavy duty electrical appliances cannot be supported by the inverter so, please bear in mind that charging mobiles and laptops are only way to keep happy. During day time when there is no electricity, the Inverter are always shut down. Please ask if you need some work to be finished by day time. When there is no electricity a torch in your list would be worthwhile.
4. If you have any laundry to be done, please inform anyone in my house so that we can plug the washing machine and open the tap for your easiness. We charge 3 USD 0r 300 Rs ( Max 6 Kgs) to cover detergent and electricity cost for the laundry, which is nothing in terms of what we pay for the electricity.
5. If you are coming home late, it would be appreciated if you inform earlier so that necessary arrangements in locking the gates can be managed.
6. Outside Shoes and Sandals are not allowed inside the room and staircase. We have to take off our shoes before entering in to the house. There are shoes racks to store the shoes.
7. Since I am not taking any cleaning fees, Cleaning rooms and bathrooms for next use depends upon your own attitude.
8. There is warm sandles inside the room, please dont take those sandles inside the bathroom. Bathroom has its own slippers. Taking sandles to bathroom and agaon to your room is considered bad manner here in Nepal.
9.Please wipe the bathroom floor with water once you finish your shower. If the water outlet is chocked with your hairs and soap, please take it out before you leave the bathroom.
10. Water is so precious here, so please keep in mind that using hot water in shower or taps needs lot of wastage of water. Hence take shower during evening so that the water is hot because we use solar energy to heat the water.