This room is in the top floor of my three storied house which is completely safe after the Mega EarthQuake fitted with quake alarms and with sufficient ventilation and fresh air LOOK FOR MY ANOTHER LISTING IN SAME FLOOR FOR LONG /CHEAPER STAY.
No house rules are different than your own house but still some of the things that you need to consider:
1. As the private room is on the top floor with a huge terrace, if you smoke outside the room on the top floor will be highly appreciable. I have little daughter so I don't want her to become passive smoker. 2. Please do inform us in advance if you would like to have dinner/meals at home as it takes time for preparation.
3. As Nepal has loads of power cuts and we run on backup inverter batteries, charging or using heavy duty electrical appliances cannot be supported by the inverter so, please bear in mind that charging mobiles and laptops are only way to keep happy.
4. If you have any laundry to be done, please inform anyone in my house so that we can plug the washing machine and open the tap for your easiness. We charge 3 USD 0r 300 Rs ( Max 6 Kgs) to cover detergent and electricity cost for the laundry, which is nothing in terms of what we pay for the electricity.
5. If you are coming home late, it would be appreciated if you inform earlier so that necessary arrangements in locking the gates can be managed.
6. Outside Shoes and Sandals are not allowed inside the room and staircase. We have to take off our shoes before entering in to the house. There are shoes racks to store the shoes.
7. Since I am not taking any cleaning fees, Cleaning rooms and bathrooms for next use depends upon your own attitude.
8. There is warm slippers inside the room, please don't take those slippers inside the bathroom. Bathroom has its own slippers. Taking slippers to bathroom and again to your room is considered bad manner here in Nepal.
9.Please wipe the bathroom floor with water once you finish your shower. If the water outlet is chocked with your hairs and soap, please take it out before you leave the bathroom.
10. Water is so precious here, so please keep in mind that using hot water in shower or taps needs lot of wastage of water. Hence take shower during evening so that the water is hot because we use solar energy to heat the water.
This host has 99 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi! My name is Pawan and you can call me "Pouen" and I am associated with a community NGO since 2000 in Nepal. Originally, I am from Central East part of Nepal where my ancestral belongs to. Currently I am working in a NGO called Centre For Social Change in Kathmandu. I have almost traveled Asia, USA, South America and Europe during my work. My hobby is to travel. I have traveled almost 75 % of rural Nepal. I have been accommodating so many friends from American and European universities and assisting their thesis work as well. I have joined airbnb to exchange ideas and build partnership with like-minded people. Partly, I do research, train young people and work for a Trekking agency. I make time to talk to my guests and offer help / advice when needed.
Our guests can expect a clean , safe and homely environment while in Nepal.