About this listing
It is in fact a very old little house which was a part of the abbey in the Middle Age. You moreover have to borrow the monumental gate of the abbey to reach it in the little street where are the workshops of the Chartreuse !
Charming little independent studio located in the heart of the medieval village of Villeneuve-les-Avignon, situated only 5 minutes away just across the “Pont d’Avignon” from the vibrant city. It is a typical Provencal style house of good standing; the area is beautiful and peaceful, right next to the entrance of the historical Abbey.
Composed of 1 main room, there are 1 comfortable "Ikéa" sofa double bed (140 x 200, compound of 2 spring mattresses of 70 x 200 interconnected in their length by a zipper), and a second one (140 x 190), wardrobe, washing machine, independent entry door, private bathroom with an italian shower and some kitchen appliances, TV and Wi-Fi, Air-conditionning system.
In the village of Villeneuve, you will find many shops, restaurants, bakeries, and a typical Provencal market on Thursday and Saturday.
It suits a couple or a family with 2 kids perfectly. It can accommodate up to 4 people or 2 couples (notice there are 2 double beds only).
All the bedding and the bathroom and kitchen linen is supplied.
Basic products are available in the bathroom or kitchen.
Cleaning is included (at end of the stay or every week).
On request, we will be more than happy to provide a historical and esoteric visit of the nearby Abbey CHARTREUSE (Marc is a voluntary free guide in French, English & Italiano).
If needed, we can pick you up at the 2 Avignon train stations (10 minutes away)
Restaurants: in Villeneuve, there is a wide range of great or simple restaurants.
Transport to go to Avignon:
- Car : easy to reach. There is free car park right next to the house.
- City Buses Line nr 5 every 15/20 minutes (in July and August, they're working until 2am),
- Parking in the city of Avignon is impossible but there is a free parking on the "Piot" Island (located on the way to Avignon) with free shuttle by buses from the island up to Avignon centre.
- 30 minutes walking distance, (15 min only with free buses)
- 15 minutes by bike (”Vélopop” station to ride bicycle 24h/24 an 7d/7 at 5 minutes in front of the Office of Tourism).
RATES "low season" (october to april) :
- 50 € per night
- 280 € per week
- 1090 € per month
RATES "high season" (May to September - except July) :
- 75 € per night
- 420 € per week
- 1600 € per month
RATES "for Avignon festival" (July) :
- 95 € per night
- 530 € per week
- no special rate for a month, then take 4 weeks = 2120 €
Forecast an extra fee of 15 € per day and per people for more than 2 people (For extra supplies of bed linen, toilet linen and basic consumable).
We hope you will enjoy staying in our little house.
We would be pleased to answer any of your questions if you need more information.
Airbnb's Travelers have access to the garden, there, in full city center, just in front of the small house, where they can take their breakfasts and their meals...
Interaction with Guests
During the arrival of every Traveler we try to know what drove them here to be better able to inform them about all the historic and touristic informations of this mythical place of Provence...
All the historic center of Villeneuve-les-Avignon is a page of the History of France in the Middle Age. And our small house is at the heart of the historic center, in the door of the abbey of the Val de Bénédiction, house of Cardinal Etienne AUBERT who become Pope under the name of Innocent VI in 1352...
You can park your car in front of the house (it is safe, and free).
In case you plan to arrive by the train, on request, we shall go to welcome you free of charge at the station Avignon Centre or at the TGV station of Avignon (just communicate by SMS or e-mail the hour of your arrival - we shall brandish a poster with your name in the point of welcome of the station).
In case you plan to arrive by air, we shall go to welcome you at the airport of Avignon (communicate us by SMS or e-mail the hour of your arrival).
Other Things to Note
If you want to organise your excursions in the region, you can ask us any information you would like by email or telephone. In an other hand, we hold at your disposal the whole tourist material and even gave information through a blog to help you to organise your tourist visits by a better knowledge of our wonderfull Provençale region.
- INTERNAL REGULATION OF THE SMALL HOUSES OF THE AMELIER.
Hosts' house is not completely a public place as is it an hotel. It is a family which welcomes at her home, in the user-conviviality and the respect for the intimacy of each. The arrivals, the first day, are usually expected between 14 and 19 o'clock.
Hosts' house is planned to do the laundry and take meals there. Our house is equipped with a washing machine, a kitchen area and all the equipment of cooking to prepare and preserve the meals.
The request not to smoke in the house is a matter of courtesy, not to disturb the visitors who will occupy then the house by the smell of the firm tobacco in the linen and the curtains.
Everybody has not the same rhythm of life: it is necessary to rock between the night-owls, the early risers and opposite. We do thank you thus for all to pay attention on the noises of voices, bangings of doors and so on.
1) All the services for 2 people are payable beforehand to our net angency : www.airbnb.fr/rooms/1150507 :
- Off season (October to April) : 50 € per night.
- High season (May, June, August and September) : 70 € per night.
- Special Festival af Avignon (July) : 90 € per night.
For additional people over 2, plan a 15 € increase per day (supply of extra linen, laundry and consumables).
2) The house must be freed from 10:30 am at the latest. After 12 o'clock the house would be charged to you an extra overnight stay.
3) We disclaim all liability on the lost or stolen objects.
4) If you shorten your stay, thank you for warning us 24 hours previously.
5) Breakfasts: to leave you the most free possible we supply you all the ingredients (except bread). You will find them into the refrigerator and closet.
6) It is possible to eat in the garden, where all utensils are supplied.
WE WISH YOU AN EXCELLENT STAY IN THE SMALL HOUSES OF THE AMELIER !
Marc and Martine PAIRET
68, rue de la République
30400 VILLENEUVE LES AVIGNON