Hi there and welcome to NYC, book with me and I promise to do my best in helping you have an amazing time while you're here!!
ABOUT THE APARTMENT:
- Large windows and lots of sunlight
- 1 regular bed in the bedroom-( sleeps 2 people)
- 2 very comfortable queen sofas that extend and can become a full bed which sleep 2 people each
-large Closet in the bedroom
- 1 large dresser where you can neatly keep your clothing
- Central air-conditioning & heating
- All bed sheets, pillows, comforters, towels, shampoo and conditioner, body wash and hand soaps will be provided.
- You'll get a set of keys to the apartment so you can enter and leave as you please
- modern bar where you can enjoy your meals in style
- Fully equipped, clean kitchen (microwave, toaster, oven, coffee machine)
- Perfect location for vacationers and theater-goers.
- Iron and Ironing board
- Free High-speed WIFI
- IHome system to play music from your Iphone/Ipod
- 1 bathroom with shower cabin
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD/LOCATION - Midtown West/Hell's Kitchen/Times Square:
My apartment is in a PERFECT LOCATION for visiting NYC. Apt is close to all subway lines, very close to Times Square, in the heart of Manhattan with lots of great shops, bars, eclectic restaurants, cafes, clubs and everything NYC has to offer.
Subway lines in the area are:
1, A, B, C, D lines-located at Broadway and 58th
E line at Broadway and 50th or Broadway and 53 St
N, R line at 49th and 7th ave
Tons of grocery stores, delis, drugstores nearby (some of which are 24-hour).
- Easy to hail a cab, they are all over in this busy area
- Easy to get to the apt from the airport by subway or you can also take a taxi or shuttle (if you need directions I will provide them after reservation)
- If you have car there are affordable lots nearby where you can find good deals for longer periods of time, but it is advisable to use the public transportation because this area is very busy and parking can be a hassle.
INCLUDED IN NIGHTLY RATE:
- Towels and linens
-There's a security deposit that you will get back automatically 48 hrs after your visit (though if any damage is done you will be held responsible and by making a booking you hereby agree to this).
- WIFI, and all utilities.
-fully stocked kitchen
-IHome system to play music, alarm, radio etc
CHECK IN/OUT TIMES:
Flexible except if there is another party either checking out on the same day you arrive, or checking in on the same day that you are departing. If that is the case the check-out times is 11 Am and the check-in time is 3 PM or later.
VERY IMPORTANT- this is a luxury building and management is very fussy about noise, so no loud partying in the apartment. I will also ask you to please keep the place in order, use everything with care and not damage the furniture while you stay over. Also smoking is not allowed
Rules for the check-in/check-out and apt usage.
Please respect them because the success of my listing depends on them and if my neighbors complain then my listing will be taken down from Airbnb and I will lose everything. If you will not respect them and my polite request to you, then I will have to withhold money from or your total security deposit.
1)Please call the host when getting to the apt and wait on the corner in front of the Deli at 49th and 9th Ave in order for the host to come escort you to the apartment
2)Please get the luggage inside the apartment as soon as possible so that the entrance will not be blocked for the other neighbors which will complain if that happens
3)Please come with your luggage organized and avoid having many small bags, instead have 3 or 4 big carry-ons
While staying at the apartment:
1)Please know that if anyone asks who you are, you have to tell them you are friends of mine visiting me for a couple of days and I am staying with you.
2)Please don’t make noise in the apartment and use everything with care.
3)Please if you are a large group, 4 people, get out of the apt in the morning 2 by 2 people, at an interval of 2 minutes from one another.
4)Any emergency you might have or issue call the host and ask for help, do not ask neighbors or anyone else.
1)Please don’t block the entrance and hang on the hallway with luggage, leave the apartment 2 by 2 people and take the luggage outside in an organized manner. There cannot be any blocking with too many people or luggage in the building hallway or right in front of the building.
2)If you need to leave before the host gets to do the check-out then you can leave the keys inside of the apartment and drag the door after you, it will lock automatically.
Wishing you a wonderful stay and thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
Madlene's apartment was very welcoming. It's a great location with easy access to many key NYC spots and a convenient subway station. We appreciated her hospitality and would definitely consider staying there again when we return to NYC.
The location of this very convenient. It is around 3 blocks away from times square and is close to restaurants, grocery stores and subway stations. The bathroom was a bit small but the kitchen, living room and bedroom is very nice. Unfortunately there was a leak from upstairs but Madlene was very helpful and responded very fast to help solve the situation.
Well our first experience with airbnb mainly with this house was bad. We already reported to AIRBNB the following.
- The house was not properly cleaned, under the bed you will find furballs and hair and dirty napkins everywhere. Disgusting and not good for your health.
- The sleeping sheets had stain spots, go figure it out what were those spots.
- she told us to leave at 12pm so that another couple can get in at 14pm. in two hours so that other guests can come. I mean even a hotel needs time. And we stayed there for a week. She needs to clean bathrooms, vacuum everything, clean the dust, clean the kitchen, change sheets and towels, which made us tnk that she didn't changed ours,.. etc.. Etc.. And believe me she didn't seemed to be the type of person that could pay for a special cleaning team to come to the house and make the cleaning "miracle"
- Well the sunny pictures you see with windows open she will ask you leave them all the time closed, so that no one sees that you are inside. It looks like more a underground business than anything else.
- When you go to bed and you think you can sleep, the heating system makes loud noises every two hours, so loud that we had to buy earplugs
- Someone got in the house with no previous warning the day before we left to fix the shower which was perfectly ok. That person left dirty footprints and the shower was a mess fixed with normal tape. Not mentioning that someone could have stealed our stuff. By the way she never apologized for this and she told it was a normal thing to do bcause it needed to be done.
As we said we already reported to airbnb because she told us even that we wanted to get our money back with this. I said to airbnb already that my only purpose is to warn people that This girl only wants to get easy and fast money from this without having any worries with cleaning, staying and healthy conditions and privacy. For us, we regreted to come to this place. It is true that the location was nice but this only encouraged us to get an hotel instead next time.
we have pictures and chat logs before leaving the appartment and we told airbnb that we could provide them with that info.
The most horrible experience I ever had with a guest.
Marco, you have no character whatsoever, I hosted you for 7 days and nights, you took advantage of the apartment without complaining once about anything and then since we have the messages here, the morning of your check out you start complaining, enumerating all the lies you did above as well and saying you want your money back. You harassed me with several phone calls, when you saw that Airbn told you should have said these things after you checked in, not after you stayed 7 days and night in a super dirty apartment as you describe above.
I do not care about your lies and your negative review, I have plenty of reviews here, which show the type of person I am, friendly and going out of my way assuring my guests have a good experience, I told you that as well at the check in, that no matter what it is that you need to please let me know so that I can accommodate you. Future guests can easily see the balance of my personality, the reviews previous guests left and the discrepancies between their words and yours. If you would be an honest person, and not one wanting to stay in NY for 7 days for free, you would have who wanted to stay in NY for 7 days for free, you would have either told me you want another cleaning done or report me to Airbnb in the first 24 hours, the way the Airbnb policy is. Instead you stayed for 7 days and nights in a nice clean apartment, and then you threw all sorts of garbage under the beds and took pictures so you can scare me and then send to Airbnba and paint an inaccurate picture of the conditions of the apartment. I told you about the superintendent coming to fix the shower the day you checked in, and you said there is no problem. He had to come since there were problems with the whole line in the building and I wanted to make sure you have a working shower.
Like I told Airbnb, dealing with you made me aware of the lack of honesty in some people and I will change the rules of the check in by having a checklist so that nobody like you can come with the intention of abusing the system and trashing a host's image by threatening with bad reviews and lies, if they don't refund you your money after having a nice vacation. You do not deserve to use this service and I left a review on your profile hoping that nobody would ever make the mistake I did.
Madlene was a great host! Very welcoming and smiley. She was available all the time and replied to all my messages right away.
The house is cozy and comfortable. A bit noisy but it's NY and expected! So overall I had a very good experience and would definitely stay again when I'm back! Thanks Madlene!
Madlene was a very thoughtful and welcoming guest. The place was ideally located, 5 minutes away from Time Square.
We had a great time in NYC and were able to see a lot in a weekend thanks to the location of Madlene's place.
Never made it but host was very respectful.
Madlene is a friendly and kind host. She helped us right away with any problems because it was easy to contact her. The apartment has a really nice location cause you can get to time square and around mid town very fast and easily. I also loved that the place had a lot of restaurant near it. The apartment has almost everything you need in it but still has some stuff that can be improved. The place fits perfectly for three to four guest and I love the fact that there was wifi cause with it I was able to contact my family back home. Thing that might be improved are the room heating cause it gets pretty cold during the night, and the shower, that it's hard to regulate the temperature and the water barely comes out. Otherwise, it's a really nice place to stay and it has a good price for what it is.
This host has 98 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Happiness Lifecoach and Writer, I empower people and guide them towards finding what happiness and success means for them by coaching in Neuro-Linguistics Programming and Emotional Intelligence self improvement techniques.