Custom built Studio with exquisite design.
Perfect for the professional on the road desiring a nice quiet place to call home.
A favorite for international corporate assignees and Silicon Valley interns.
This is absolutely one of a kind - custom designed for the most discriminating taste. Newly Renovated Studio: Furnished unit with Deluxe Amenities, ideal for the short term home away from home, contract professionals or corporate assignments. TRULY turnkey unit, just bring yourself + luggage; superior price/performance over extended stay facilities with maximum privacy.
This is a Non-smoking property featuring:
- Internet and Cable
- Hardwood Floor Living area; AC and central heating
- Gourmet Designer Kitchen with Tile floor, Corian counters, ample storage including lazy Susan cabinet, wine and spice racks, self-cleaning oven, disposal and Microwave
- Contemporary lighting throughout - Built in wall cabinets and desk
- New double pane window with blinds
- Marble bathroom with designer's touch - All furniture provided
- Full kitchen with pots and pans, cutlery, dinner ware, coffee machine, toaster
- Full size bed, dresser, desk, chair, lamp, dining table & chairs, TV Stand/TV, iron/ironing board, hangers & other furnishings provided
-Entirely renovated complex, great neighbors all from Silicon Valley tech/academic/medical industries (both long and short terms).
-Freshly painted inside and out
-Convenient assigned free covered parking
- On-site laundry 1 min. away from unit
- on-site maintenance and housekeeping staff at your convenience.
-POOL for the hot summers!!
-Minutes to Stevens Creek, El Camino, Lawrence Expressway(phone number hidden)
- Close to Apple, HP, Intel, NVidia, (website hidden), AMD, (website hidden), Cisco, etc….
-Conveniently close to Cupertino Village (99 Ranch) and other ethnic grocery stores (Indian, Korean, Asian), restaurants, groceries, & shops and Great Sunnyvale/Cupertino/Santa Clara international cuisines and restaurants
A la cart Cleaning Service
Pet deposit and surcharge applies
Interaction with Guests
Available any time for support and problem resolution.
Can house a couple- bed type is a full size bed.
Quiet hours from 10pm to 7am
No double parking/waiting by pool curb
Pet deposit = $300, pet rent: $5/pet/day or $100/mo., $100 flea/dander eradication fee.
Check-in was easy and the room was generally as advertised. When deciding to rent this unit, I was comparing it with what I would get at comparably priced extended-stay hotels. With that in mind, I did feel that the unit was on par with an extended stay hotel, with the following exceptions:
PROS: this unit has a full kitchen, which was nice.
(1) all of the "staples" that I would have expected under the heading of AirBnB "essentials" (toilet paper, dishwashing detergent, etc.) were not included (which was not a big deal for me, but something worth mentioning for the sake of future tenants);
(2) you're on your own for turndown service/cleaning linens/etc. (again, not important to me but perhaps important for future tenants);
(3) privacy -- on several occasions, Emey wanted to enter my unit (to make repairs that I did not request or to show the unit to prospective renters). I'm happy to accommodate these types of requests, but Emey usually provided only 24 hours notice (sometimes less). This was a problem for me because I like to be present when there are strangers in my home, and I am often on business trips, so I need at least a few days notice in order to coordinate calendars. When I objected, I felt like she gave me a hard time. In the end, I don't believe Emey entered the unit without my permission, but it doesn't feel good to be bombarded with these types of last-minute requests and then be given a hard time about it when I can't accommodate due to insufficient notice.
Finally, just a quick note regarding location. The unit is very close to the SJC airport and lots of Asian restaurants and stores, which was nice. However, be sure to account for rush hour traffic if you need to get to areas north of Mountain View, particularly using the highways. According to (website hidden) maps, my commute to Stanford should have only taken me 20 minutes: with rush hour, my commute was generally 45-60 minutes.
Thanks for your feedback.
It's worth noting to all who consider our properties, that we are not a hotel/motel, and unlike the typical Airbnb hosts, we have several different properties, consisting of long and short term tenancies, not just one property, which would makes it not cost effective for guests who wish to trade off having a "clean unit with kitchen at a reasonable cost", without the overhead of "hospitality amenities" like daily maid service and consumable supplies. Therefore, we don't advertise these amenities as part of our service offering, and our rates reflect that. What we do ensure is: everything is cleanly laundered (even our pillows), and we are pro-active in our services, and all maintenance requests are handled within 1-4 hours most of the time, and we are on call 24x7.
Unlike long term unfurnished rentals, where most prospects have a longer lead time to view properties and/or are local, short term furnished rental cater to short lead time requests and out of town prospects.
Our units are not exclusively advertised with Airbnb only, whose clients tend to book sight unseen. Often times, we are given quite impromptu/last minute request to show the units for future bookings, even by Airbnb guests who happen to be in town, and are constrained by their visit schedules. Under those circumstances, we always do our best to try to work with the existing tenants, to accommodate those requests, which resulted in very short request lead time to existing tenants. 99% of our tenants are very accommodating, which we really appreciate. Some of our tenants even give us permission to show without notice, but we NEVER enter without notice, and ALWAYS notify the tenant, even if they waive the notice requirement. And unless constrained by prospects' short notice, we always give 24 hours notice, a standard in long term rental practice.
In cases where tenants are adamant about not showing without their presence, we respect their wishes, and sometimes, we lose a good prospect because we just can't meet both sides' constraints.
However, we wish to emphasize, if during our showing or maintenance visits, should any belonging of the tenants be missing/damaged, we bear full responsibility and tenants should report immediately to us for investigation and if it were a result of our visit, we would be responsible for damage compensation.
For those coming to the area, please note, in the last 12 months, traffic has become increasingly congested around rush hours, a by-product of a booming tech economy in Silicon Valley. Rainy weather condition adds to the delay significantly, (after a few draught years, drivers seem to have difficulties adapting to rainy weather driving) especially in the most popular tech companies concentrated areas like Mountain View and Palo Alto, and Stanford is in the greater Palo Alto area where traffic are constrained by narrower/one way streets. The popularity of this area has outgrown the infrastructure: both housing and traffic are impacted by the start-up boom.
By contrast, if one should wish to be have "less traffic constraints" the trade-offs are higher housing costs, in Palo Alto and Mountain View especially. On the weekends, and non-rush hour traffic, the travel time quoted by map guides is accurate, so just keep in mind that both view points are true - depending on time of day and day of the week, e.g. on Thanksgiving Day, there was literally no traffic !
Two of the "curses" created created by the ample job opportunities are: housing shortages and traffic jams during rush hours in the most popular areas. Welcome to Silicon Valley - land of start-up opportunities !
Emey was very attentive and went above and beyond to accommodate me. The studio was even nicer than the pictures indicated. I would definitely recommend Emey and would rent from her again if needed.
This host has 61 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I pride myself on attention to details and customer service oriented. I hope each of our guest will feel at home in our "home away from home" environment, and thoroughly enjoy their stay.