Located on a quiet one-way street, this little piece of heaven is located a 1/2 block from the glamorous Abbot Kinney Boulevard and 4 blocks from Venice Beach.
Beautiful & open living space with high ceilings, amazing light, and hardwood floors throughout. Designer furniture and accessories create a contemporary setting in a uniquely designed multi-level layout. Piano, fireplace, balcony, ceiling mounted projector with a large pulldown projection screen and surround sound, Wifi, cable and Apple TV.
The master bedroom has a very comfortable feather-topped queen-size bed & more than enough pillows for a good night's rest. The TV is located in this room as well as an upright piano.
The large elevated living room has plenty of space to relax in the designer sectional sofa and lounges. Open all the window and west-facing balcony doors to let in the sun and enjoy a little ocean breeze. At night, roll down the large projection screen, kick back and enjoy a dvd movie in surround sound.
The full kitchen has a stove, oven, espresso maker, electric kettle, toaster, blender, cookware & anything you will need for all your own home cooked meals. The very large triangular window in this room hinges all the way open resting on the rail between the living room letting a little outside in. Truly, an amazing feature!
There's an office off the kitchen with small loft upstairs with several shelves of art & design books, 100s of LP's, an old hi-fi, and a down-filled twin size daybed sofa...great for an afternoon nap, listening to some vintage vinyl or an extra bedroom for an overnight guest.
In the downstairs utility room there is a washer/dryer, plenty of extra towels, beach baskets, and two beach cruiser bicycles for cruising around this wonderful little town.
We do have a cat on the property, "Li'l Buddy" who's always looking for a snuggle and a little love :) If you take a liking to him, he'll easily take a liking to you. He's an indoor/outdoor cat, comes and goes as he pleases. If for some reason you'd prefer him not in the house, the cat door at the bottom of the stairs can be closed and he will nest up at the back neighbor's house. It's a close little community here, we all look after each other.
ACTIVITIES AND ATTRACTIONS:
Just minutes away you'll find the world-famous Venice Beach Boardwalk on the beach! On Abbot Kinney Blvd. you'll find specialty shops, excellent restaurants and trendy art galleries. Just north in Santa Monica, Main Street is fun; there's the Farmer's Market, the Santa Monica Pier and Amusement Park, and the hip Third Street Promenade with shops, restaurants and movies. Just south in Marina del Rey you can take a cruise, enjoy water-side dining, and take the Flyer over to Santa Catalina Island.
It's close to everything: the canals, shopping, the Venice Boardwalk and the white sandy beach, where you'll find volleyball, biking, basketball and just about every outdoor activity, including the famous Muscle Beach. Or, head to the water for swimming, surfing, kayaking, windsurfing, sailing and deep-sea fishing. Only 5.5 miles from LAX airport.
Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Hollywood, Getty Museum, Norton Simon Museum, Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA), La Brea Tar Pits, Peterson Automotive Museum, Museum of Tolerance, Museum Of Jurassic Technology, Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive, Griffith Observatory, Newport Beach and Fashion Island, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Pasadena and the Rose Bowl, Will Rogers State Park, Santa Monica Mountain Park, Greek Theater, and the Hollywood Bowl.
Take Bus 3 to LAX, Santa Monica, and Westwood.
Street parking only.
No smoking. No pets. No parties. No large gatherings. (small gatherings may be OK with permission) Music and noise is to be kept to a minimum after 10pm to respect the immediate neighbors.
Rule #1: Enjoy yourselves!
In accordance with this rental agreement, the RESIDENT agrees to the following conditions:
1. The RESIDENT agrees there will be NO SMOKING on the premises. If there is any smoking damage, including odors, or cigarette butts left anywhere on the premises or street, or if the neighbors are disturbed RESIDENT risks losing some or all of his/her deposit.
2. The RESIDENT agrees to maintain the PREMISES in a clean, orderly, and lawful manner.
3. Upon vacating the PREMISES, the RESIDENT agrees to leave the PREMISES clean and as upon arrival, with the exception of leaving used towels and linens on the floor.
4. The RESIDENT agrees to use their best effort to turn off the lights and appliances when not in use.
5. The RESIDENT agrees to vacate the PREMISES by 11 AM on the check out day. RESIDENT continue to occupy the PREMISES after this time without written approval of the OWNER or HIS MANAGER, RESIDENT agrees to pay additional rent at the OWNER'S discretion. Should it be necessary to legally evict the RESIDENT, the RESIDENT agrees to pay all costs related to the eviction in addition to the above hourly rent.
6. The RESIDENT agrees to occupy the premises in quiet consideration of the neighbors.
7. The RESIDENT agrees to make no alteration to the PREMISES without the OWNER’S written permission.
8. The RESIDENT agrees to pay the full cost to repair any damage caused by the RESIDENT and his or her family and guests.
9.The RESIDENT agrees to pay the replacement cost equal to the retail value of any missing household items, including linens, cookware, furniture, and audio-video equipment.
10. The RESIDENT agrees not to keep any animals on the PREMISES without written approval of the OWNER OR HER MANAGER.
11. The RESIDENT agrees not to sublet any portion of the PREMISES.
12. The RESIDENT agrees that the number of people occupying the residence shall not exceed 4 unless otherwise arranged.
13. The OWNER or HIS MANAGER shall have the right to enter and inspect the PREMISES at any time if they suspect an emergency. Otherwise, 24 hour notice will be given.
14. The OWNER is not responsible for any accidents, injury or death resulting from use of the provided bicycles and RESIDENT(s) agree to use bicycles entirely at his or her own risk.
15. The OWNER is are not responsible for any illness or accidents of any kind that occur during the stay anywhere on the property of the above address.
16. The OWNER or HIS MANAGER shall have the right to enter and inspect the PREMISES at any time if they suspect an emergency. Otherwise, 24 hour notice will be given to show it.
17. The RESIDENT agrees to clean all dishes. (OK to leave in the dishwasher.)
18. All utilities, cable and wireless internet are paid by the OWNER, unless otherwise agreed.
19. The RESIDENT agrees to park in consideration of neighbors and not to block their driveways.
20. The OWNER is not liable for the RESIDENT’S personal property.
Jamie's place is awesome! The space is really unique, beautifully designed, and artfully furnished. Awesome location, a couple blocks from the main drag in Venice and an easy stroll to Santa Monica. The place was *very* clean and Jamie made us feel at home. I would recommend without hesitation.
This place is amazing, possibly better than the pictures. 1 minutes walk from Abbott Kinney, 10 minutes walk from the beach. Jamie is a fantastic host, very responsive. Couldn't ask for much more!
Jamie was terrific and provided all the help we needed. There were initial issues with reservation details but with the help of Jamie and Airbnb Customer Service and Jamie we were able to get the details of our stay straightened out. This was my our first experience with Airbnb and the accommodations were exactly as advertised.
Jamie's home was absolutely wonderful and perfect for my needs. His home was comfortable, clean, beautifully designed, and conveniently located. I booked his place for my stay in Venice while traveling for business and it couldn't have been better. I can confidently say that staying in Jamie's home was one of the best airbnb experiences I've had. Would definitely stay again.
We had such a fantastic time in Jamie's loft. The location couldn't be more perfect and the flat is exactly what you would expect a LA getaway to embody: superbly furnished, spacious, spotless, full of artistic flare yet retains a bold unique character. Jamie was a wonderful host. He accommodated our early check-in and our late check-out and he was extremely helpful with recommendations for exploring the amazing Abbott Kinney blvd neighborhood. Our stay couldn't have been more perfect thanks to Jamie and the big boss of the house Buddy (the cat).
what can I say, Jamie's place is incredible. The sort of place you don't want to tell everyone about in case it's never free. Impeccably furnished, absolutely unique, airy, the sort of place you're happy to just to stay at home in.
Jamie was incredibly helpful, even when we were delayed and had to call in late at night. And Buddy the cat is just a great guy to hang with.
Can't recommend it highly enough.