About this listing
Five bedroom, 3 1/2 bathroom available for rent in South Lake Tahoe! Features two master suites, including whirlpool baths and beautiful tile flooring. The fully stocked kitchen features a gas range, granite counters and stainless steel appliances. The large backyard is great for picnics and family games. We also have a portable propane grill for your use in the backyard or at many of the local beaches. In addition, there is an electric smoker, also for use at home.
Our luxurious mountain cabin retreat features beautiful woodwork throughout with solid granite rock fireplaces and rock accents. Built in 2008, we were lucky enough to stumble upon it in 2009 and have never looked back.
The living room displays a BRAND-NEW 55' Samsung LCD TV with BluRay player, surrounded by a cozy sierra rock fireplace. There are 3 fireplaces throughout the house. Downstairs rec. area and master suite #2 both feature solid granite rock fireplaces with tv's over top. Solid alder doors with hand milled alder trim throughout. Polished granite counter tops in kitchen and vanities with hickory cabinets. The gourmet kitchen includes gourmet GE profile appliances, including five gas burners, spices, plenty of cookware and is a great kitchen for chefs! The Great room welcomes you with warm hickory wood ceiling and floor. Bathrooms finish in marble and travertine with rustic rod iron fixtures and hardware throughout. The downstairs rec room features a fireplace, TV and pool table (which can be converted to a ping pong table as well)!
This home features beautiful views in every direction with two master suites overlooking meadow and creek, complete with private balcony in each suite. Quartzite entries and landings give this sierra mountain gem the rustic touch amidst beautiful log finish woodwork,to give you that cozy cabin glow and still enjoy over 3000 sq. ft.of comfort and luxury.
The exact breakdown of sleeping arrangements is:
Master Bedroom 1: Queen bed with ensuite bath including whirlpool tub and standalone shower with beautiful tile handiwork. Suite includes private balcony as well. We also have a portable crib (a pack and play) for babies in the master closet. This bedroom also has a couch.
Master Bedroom 2: Queen bed with ensuite bath and fireplace including bathtub/shower combo and private balcony. Also includes trundle bed with 2 single beds (or they come together into one King) which can sleep another 2.
Bedroom 3: One full bed sleeps 2 comfortably
Bedroom 4: Sleeps 4 in 2 sets of twin bunk beds. Great for kids!
Bedroom 5: Sleeps 2 in a queen bed.
Additional sleeping space:
Huge couches in living room as well as a couch in the upstairs master.
Both master bedrooms have plenty of room for a cot, air mattress or crib on the floor.
Garage parking is available for 2 cars and driveway parking for an additional 2 in the driveway.
Home capacity: 12
Free run of the house! Just please respect our home and our neighbors!
Interaction with guests
We are only there part time so you will have the place to yourself.
Other things to note
If you choose to use the grill and smoker, we have directions available.
1. This is a NON SMOKING cabin. Cigarettes present a hazard to the forests surrounding our home. Any evidence of smoking inside or outside will result in forfeiture of entire deposit. If there are cigarettes left in our yard or on the balconies, we will retain your deposit.
2. Pets are not permitted under any circumstances.
3. MINIMUM AGE: We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
4. NO PARTIES. We do not permit parties. We welcome families and large groups or families or friends but absolutely no parties. Our home is in a residential neighborhood and local residents have little tolerance for noise or extra cars.
5. NOISE ORDINANCE. The neighborhood is very quiet and if neighbors or the police call us (or our property manager) to report noise after 9pm, we will deduct a $300 fee from the deposit. The house is well insulated but loud music or leaving the windows open at night does cause noise to carry.
6. NO TRASH OUTSIDE. Bears tend to frequent the area near our home, which is charming in many ways but can be inconvenient if you want to leave trash out. ALL trash must be placed inside the locked bear bins. If trash is left outside the bear bins, bears WILL find it and spread it all over the street and driveway. Cleanup fees will be deducted from deposit. Trash pickup is on Friday morning, so please put trash in bear bins on Thursday night (if you are staying Thursday night.
7. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests per cabin is limited to 12 persons.
8. PARKING – Parking is limited to 4 vehicles in the garage and driveway. Parking on the road is not permitted during the winter and may be limited during the summer. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner. If we receive phone calls from neighbors or the police, a fee of $300 may be imposed (as we may be fined as the owner).
9. Internet Usage - We provide complimentary WiFi access for our guests. This usage is for legal activities only and any kind of piracy, torrenting or illegal activities are strictly forbidden. Such activities WILL result in withholding of your ENTIRE deposit. Further, you will be responsible for any and all fees incurred by us as a result of such activities.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
We live in SF but get up to Tahoe as much as possible. We love to ski and hike and picnic and we absolutely love Tahoe not only in winter but also summer. Our little two-year old keeps us pretty busy running around after her all of the time. I work in solar and my husband has an organic clothing company. We look forward to hosting you at our home!
Please contact us with any questions!