Urban Micro-Farm & Micro-Spa
Free Unfiltered Fruit Wines (for 21+ yr olds)
Freshly made Yogurt & Baked goods. (customized with advance notice ie gluten free, vegan, allergies) not included in price for weekly or monthly stays, can be added.
This room is designed for Vatta Dosha. Colors are earthy and pastel.
Room includes desk and bookshelf for contemplative writing and study. Queen bed. AND FULL SIZE FUTON /couch, for guests and private chilling. PRIVATE HALF BATH. Earthy decor, with lots of upcycled materials..
Unique Wonderful Area, higher walkability score AND lower crime than Albuquerque average. Near on street and off street protected bike paths. Reasonable distance to car, bike and scooter rentals. On The BEST public bus route. UNM in 8-12 minutes Freeway access in 1 or 2 city blocks (both directions).
24 hour Super Wal-mart, Whole Foods, wonderful local bakery, Lots of independent and chain restaurants, and voted best of Albuquerque Napoli Coffee shop in walking distance. 1/3 acre park with running path, large trees, gym equipment, playground, fantastic mountain views (bring camera at sunset). Smaller quieter park 2 blocks away.
House: My house is vibrant and designed with Feng Shui, Ayurveda, and Color Therapy principals. At a minimum, its just calm and colorful, at a maximum it promotes health. Includes Full Kitchen with everything. You have your own storage for groceries. Full laundry (for weekly stays). 4 bedroom and 1.5 bath house. Large one story house. Stained concrete floors and vaulted, natural wood beam ceilings. Super low (The library, due to wood burning fireplace and Laundry may have some VOC) or NO VOC! Clean air.
Library with lots of books (psychology, health, art, business real estate) and worlds most comfortable reading nook. Natural light and wood burning, all stone fireplace.
Micro Budget Spa Each spa feature is private and can be used by only one person at a time.
* Steam Sauna with mineral salt aromatherapy.
* Infrared (dry) Sauna with Charcoal filter.
* Bright Light Therapy (for seasonal affective disorder and for resetting circadian rhythms). LUX 10,025.
* Electronic massage (rolling, (email hidden)iatsu, feet squeeze massage.
* Ayurveda Chromatherapy (colored light therapy)& sound therapy in Speleotherapy (salt therapy bin). This is something I invented. A changing mandala of color relating to the chakras shines on you as you look at yourself (or not) in the mirror while meditating.
* Rainbow Light Labyrinth Art Installation; At night you walk through see through, mountain of lights. The labyrinth is inspired by Wizard of Oz, female soldiers, and Buddhist virtues. (video on : ) book). Except for the steam sauna and massager, I built all of these myself.
Permaculture Micro-farm. **The animals poop and tear up the backyard CONSTANTLY** Expect a mess. Expect animals to poop and pee whenever.
* Super awesome very tame chickens and goats. Pearl and Amber (chickens) regularly jump on your lap if outside. The other chickens are more reserved. Nigora goats (small fluffy angora goats) mostly condition the soil and produce warm natural fiber. Level 2 Reiki Angora Guardian Dog. Level 2 Reiki Cheingora Guardian Dog 2 Muscovy ducks (quack-less). 2 silly Angora rabbits and 1 serious lady bunny and guinea pig. Most people, who like animals will LOVE feeding them in the morning. The are all freerange and get along like a quirky animal family. Lots of baby nut and fruit trees, grape vines and berry bushes. Clay goldfish pond, wadding depth (Use what you like, while here). Micro-biotic rich vegetable bed. Kitchen herb garden. Entirely organic. Natural air filtration with plants. Gray water system. House uses chemical-free evaporative cooler. All appliances (except gas heat) are energy star and water wise. An extreme majority of furniture and décor is upcycled. Outdoor patio deck is made from 100+ yr old adobe house ceiling. Many materials upcycled throughout house.
PET POLICY: Pets MUST stay in Room and on leash 100% controlled when in/out house MUST BE QUIET NOT ALLOWED IN BACKYARD unless biosecurity, cleared. Pets are counted as a guest. 25# of pet counts as 1 guest. So your two 10 pound rabbits are 1 guest. Your 50 lb dog is 2 guests. The park is leash only, and includes poop bags/trash cans. Lots of friendly dogs. Smaller park just a street to the north. Quiet.
ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING OR ILLEGAL DRUGS AT ALL!
Need 2 or 3 rooms? Check my other listings and instant book multiple rooms. Booking 2 rooms gives you 1 free guest and 3 rooms gives you 2 free guests. Message me to let me know. (ie book 2 rooms and don't add your guest, just message me)
I have instant booking with 1 day advance and close to instant, if a room is available.
Whole house. Weekly and monthly guests have laundry.
I will meet you at the door at the time you specified, generally. I live in the house too. I love to help you find what you will most enjoy about Albuquerque. if you want to come feed the animals in the morning let me know.
If you are gluten free, paleo or whatever, let me know at booking. i will do my best to accommodate.
Heck yeah there is public transportation! $2/day all over the city by bus, plus for $11 the train takes you to and from Santa Fe.
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$5 / night after the first guest|
|Weekly Price:||$175 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$600 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
|Pet Owner:||Dog(s) and Other pet(s)|
I spent two weeks here and everything was wonderful. Amecus is very friendly and makes sure you have everything you need.
Very soft bed, nice private bathroom. Animals outside, very nice, especially the guinea pig. Also there is an IF spa.
This was a great place to stay on my overnight in ABQ. Amecus was very accommodating. It was cool to feed the chx, goats, rabbits and other critters in the morning before I left. I would stay here again.
I had a lovely stay and met interesting people. Amecus was a fabulous host and I think the description was a good indicator of what to expect.
I have lived in Albuquerque and visited by staying at hotels before, but the found this place to bring me closer to the heartbeat of this interesting city.
I also love animals and was fascinated with the extended and varied animal family who live in the yard. Fresh eggs and homemade muffins, organic milk and half and half are also not commodities you would get at a hotel. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The mini-spa aspect was also fun!
My friend and I stayed with Amecus overnight mainly because we were really intrigued by the goats, chickens, and bunnies. We were not disappointed, even got to feed them. We had our own very convenient half bath and full one outside our door. The homemade, vegan/gluten free banana nut muffins were delicious and just what we needed for our early morning hot air balloon ride. Amecus has tons of knowledge and brochures on what's the happenings around town and is absolutely willing to help. Her place is also super accessible to pretty much anything you need…of course we did have a vehicle. If you're easy going, you 'll dig this place. I did!
Make sure you look at the pictures because this place is extremely colorful!! (in which I have no problem with) Amecus was an excellent host as she had brochures of local activities and gave us a full tour of the place. I'd stay here again, but would recommend bringing an extra heater. She has one in this room, but the main heater is in the hall. (It doesn't reach the room with the door closed) Great place for a great price!
We had a very nice time at Amecus's home. We found the massage machines fun to play with and relaxing. It was unique and pleasant.
Amecus was super-welcoming and friendly and was able to easily and graciously accommodate a request for a change in our schedule. Her place is a DIY paradise, and we enjoyed meeting great 4-legged critters (and taking advantage of the massage chairs!). Recommended.
Fun place to stay! There were some of the quirky spa/relaxation things that I didn't get the chance to try, and sadly she was mostly out of kombucha (it takes 10days to brew), but was very comfortable and Amecus was super accommodating. Also, muffins were awesome (as mentioned by other reviewers)-- the banana walnut were my favorite. Would recommend to most :)
Just as advertised. Very prompt reply and clear communication. Tons of warm blankets. Clean. Amecus was highly accommodating to my schedule. Wish I had had time to stay for longer or take full advantage of the lovely home (or meet Amecus), but for the brief stay it was all I could have asked for.