Welcome to TAUPO!
Thank you for your interest in our property and we look forward to your stay with us.
Our home is modern and spacious with views to the lake and mountains and in a great area of Taupo. It is a perfect spot to base while you explore our wonderful area.
Our house is cool during summer, perfect to use either of our private outside courtyard areas--- You can choose to dine outside or just sit and enjoy the beautiful ambience while reading your favourite book. Plus there is a BBQ available if required.
During winter we have a lovely warm cosy fire, ideal for fire side chats if you so desire.
We are great hosts and are keen travellers. A few years back we drove overland to UK. Love talking about travel and having worked in the hospitality industry in Taupo for many years we have a wealth of knowledge about Taupo and New Zealand.
Enjoy a complimentary Breakfast each morning with homemade preserves.
Home baking is also provided for you to enjoy with your tea and coffee.
Guests have use of our laundry and we have ample off street parking.
You will have the choice of x2 rooms with your own private facilities. Separate toilet. The bathroom has a large vanity, shower and a full sized bath.... perfect for relaxing in after a busy day.
One room has a queen bed and the other has x2 singles.
Town (CBD ) is an easy stroll away and public transport is available.
We are also happy to collect you from the Bus Station or Airport.
Our interests are travelling, fishing, patchwork, rugby, golf etc. so lots to chat about around the fire. Your stay can be an interactive vacation with your hosts or just exploring Taupo and doing your own thing in the evenings.
We have a couple of bikes available for you to use. Taupo has lots of cycle tracks for you to explore.
If you are here to fish, Lawrie is an avid trout fisherman and will be happy to share all his local knowledge with you so you can land that lovely rainbow trout. Lawrie will even smoke it for you so you can enjoy it for dinner.
Touring motorbikes welcome
Welcome package on arrival includes discounts maps and must sees while you are in Taupo area.
ABOUT YOUR ROOM AND THE HOUSE
* Your own keys so you can come and go as you please
* Own bathroom (with bath) and separate toilet
* Hairdryer and plentiful supply of towels
* Wardrobe, double full length.
* 2 outdoor court yard settings for watching the world go by!
* Views of the lake and Mount Tauhara and Mount Ruapehu
* Share Kitchen and living area
* Free WIFI (no movie down loading or TV streaming please)
* Washing and drying facilities available upon request
* Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
* Breakfast. Continental with homemade preserves
* Secure and safe Location
* Off-street car parking
* Sky TV
* There are lots of books and DVDs that you are welcome to use.
* Bikes are available if you prefer to explore on 2 wheels
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
* Very safe and friendly neighbourhood, very quiet at night
* Nice flat area no hills and a cycle track nearby
* Enjoy a leisurely stroll to town (CBD) where there are many cafes and restaurants or walk to Acacia Bay… a great bay for swimming and there’s a local restaurant/bar along the way.
*.Walk to Local shops 3 mins……..
* Includes Taupo’s best Fish and Chip shop, Convenience store, and wine/liquor shop.
*Taupo is an ideal place to stay and or use as a base to explore and do day trips from
* The TONGARIRO CROSSING is 1 hour drive (it’s reputed to be one of the x5 best day walks in the world.)
* TONGARIRO NATIONAL PARK is 1 hour drive to see the x3 mountains
* NAPIER is 1 ½ hours drive
* ROTORUA is 1 hours drive
* WAITOMO CAVES is 2 hours drive
* TONGARIRO NATIONAL PARK is where some of the Lord of the Rings movie was filmed
* HONEY HIVE sample some Kiwi Fruit Wine
* BUNGY JUMP over the Waikato River
* CRUISE or SAIL Lake Taupo
* TROUT FISH Lake Taupo and Tongariro River
* HUKA FALLS. A must to see while in Taupo
* JET BOATING either Huka Falls or Aratiatia Rapids
* GEOTHERMAL AREAS Many to see all a short drive away
* GOLF Lots to challenge you. There are x4 18 hole courses in Taupo
*SHOPPING. Taupo has a great mix of shops, specialty and boutiques
* DINING you are spoilt for choice! Lots of Cafes and Restaurants
* FREE PICK UPS from Bus Station and Airport
FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE US WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE
Guests have use of our laundry and we have ample off street parking.
What an absolutely lovely couple. Welcomed me into their home as if I was family. Carol could get a job with NZ tourism, as she sat me down and helped plan my sightseeing. Lawrie is a great bloke who can tell a great story like no other. Was great to exchange traveling tales with these two warm and friendly people.
Amazing hosts - really sweet and eager to impart all their local knowledge. The rooms were well-appointed and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was a luxury and very clean. Carol was incredibly helpful in getting us booked on the next available cruise out to see the Maori rock carvings on the lake, and recommended a more unique tour company. Lawrie showed my mother around their backyard garden and even shared some of their feijoa fruits as we left. Only complaint is the hallway / rooms were a little chilly, but a space heater quickly cleared that up. Really cozy place, highly recommend!
We felt very welcomed and both Carol and Laurie were lovely to chat with. They gave us awesome suggestions for places to go (Thank you!!! Hooker falls and Tangariro were both great!) and it was amazing how well you both know the place, right down to weather patterns and snowfalls! While we were initially hesitant about not having a place to ourselves, we were totally glad with did!! It was lovely meeting both Carol and Laurie and we felt most at home. Breakfast and home made preserves were absolutely divine too!
Felt very welcome in this lovely home, arrived to tea/biscuits and a list of recommendations of that to do in the area, Carole will even book you on. Breakfast was yummy to, set us up for the day. All on all, greAt place to stay in taupo and Carole and Lorries make us very welcome
Carol and Lawrie are wonderful hosts, very heartfelt and welcoming! They gave us many hints about the Highlight in the surrounding! Everything was clean and comfortable! We realy enjoyed our stay and we would come back every time!! Thank you so much!
Carol and Lawrie were the most welcoming hosts one could imagine, doing whatever they could to make our stay in Taupo enjoyable, and welcoming us into their home like long lost friends. Their own travel experiences are vast and growing yearly, so they've lots of fascinating stories to share with like-minded travellers. Top that off with a complimentary family-style breakfast, and we were lucky indeed to find such wonderful hosts. Thank you so much!
Carol and Lawrie welcomed us with open arms! They truly are people who love to open their home up to fellow travelers. We had a slight change in plans and had to alter our schedule and Carol and Lawrie were very accommodating. As people who travel a lot themselves it was very easy to visit with them, sharing stories of travelling.
The rooms were very clean and worked perfect for our family. One room had a queen bed and the other two twins. The bathroom was right next to the bedrooms and even had a heated towel warmer! :) Carol gave us lots of tips about where to visit and eat locally. We found several good fish and chip take outs because of her recommendations! And even tried hokey-pokey ice cream which we wouldn't have known about without Carol's recommendation.
Carol and Lawrie provided a breakfast of cereal and juice which got our day off to a good start. There is room to park your car in their driveway as well. We had no problems finding their home based on the directions provided and they were there to greet us when we arrived. They sent the boys away with a bunch of grapes they had them pick from the vines in their backyard.
Definitely would stay with Carol and Lawrie again--hosting travelers is a labor of love for them and it shows!