Welcome to TAUPO!
Thank you for your interest in our property and we look forward to your stay with us.
Our home is modern and spacious with views to the lake and mountains and in a great area of Taupo. It is a perfect spot to base while you explore our wonderful area.
Our house is cool during summer, perfect to use either of our private outside courtyard areas--- You can choose to dine outside or just sit and enjoy the beautiful ambience while reading your favourite book. . Plus there is a BBQ available if required.
During winter we have a lovely warm cosy fire, ideal for fire side chats if you so desire.
We are great hosts and are keen travellers. A few years back we drove overland to UK. Love talking about travel and having worked in the hospitality industry in Taupo for many years we have a wealth of knowledge about Taupo and New Zealand.
Enjoy a complimentary Breakfast each morning with homemade preserves.
Home baking is also provided for you to enjoy with your tea and coffee.
Guests have use of our laundry and we have ample off street parking.
You will have the choice of x2 rooms with your own private facilities. Separate toilet. The bathroom has a large vanity, shower and a full sized bath.... perfect for relaxing in after a busy day.
One room has a queen bed and the other has x2 (website hidden) (CBD ) is an easy stroll away and public transport is available.
We are also happy to collect you from the Bus Station or Airport.
Our interests are travelling, fishing, patchwork, rugby, golf etc. so lots to chat about around the fire. Your stay can be an interactive vacation with your hosts or just exploring Taupo and doing your own thing in the evenings.
We have a couple of bikes available for you to use. Taupo has lots of cycle tracks for you to explore.
If you are here to fish, Lawrie is an avid trout fisherman and will be happy to share all his local knowledge with you so you can land that lovely rainbow trout. Lawrie will even smoke it for you so you can enjoy it for dinner.
Touring motorbikes welcome
Welcome package on arrival includes discounts maps and must sees while you are in Taupo area.
ABOUT YOUR ROOM AND THE HOUSE
* Your own keys so you can come and go as you please
* Own bathroom (with bath) and separate toilet
* Hairdryer and plentiful supply of towels
* Wardrobe, double full length.
* 2 outdoor court yard settings for watching the world go by!
* Views of the lake and Mount Tauhara and Mount Ruapehu
* Share Kitchen and living area
* Free WIFI (no movie down loading or TV streaming please)
* Washing and drying facilities available upon request
* Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
* Breakfast. Continental with homemade preserves
* Secure and safe Location
* Off-street car parking
* Sky TV
* There are lots of books and DVDs that you are welcome to use.
* Bikes are available if you prefer to explore on 2 wheels
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
* Very safe and friendly neighbourhood, very quiet at night
* Nice flat area no hills and a cycle track nearby
* Enjoy a leisurely stroll to town (CBD) where there are many cafes and restaurants or walk to Acacia Bay… a great bay for swimming and there’s a local restaurant/bar along the way.
*.Walk to Local shops 3 mins……..
* Includes Taupo’s best Fish and Chip shop, Convenience store, and wine/liquor shop.
*Taupo is an ideal place to stay and or use as a base to explore and do day trips from
* The TONGARIRO CROSSING is 1 hour drive (it’s reputed to be one of the x5 best day walks in the world.)
* TONGARIRO NATIONAL PARK is 1 hour drive to see the x3 mountains
* NAPIER is 1 ½ hours drive
* ROTORUA is 1 hours drive
* WAITOMO CAVES is 2 hours drive
* TONGARIRO NATIONAL PARK is where some of the Lord of the Rings movie was filmed
* HONEY HIVE sample some Kiwi Fruit Wine
* BUNGY JUMP over the Waikato River
* CRUISE or SAIL Lake Taupo
* TROUT FISH Lake Taupo and Tongariro River
* HUKA FALLS. A must to see while in Taupo
* JET BOATING either Huka Falls or Aratiatia Rapids
* GEOTHERMAL AREAS Many to see all a short drive away
* GOLF Lots to challenge you. There are x4 18 hole courses in Taupo
*SHOPPING. Taupo has a great mix of shops, specialty and boutiques
* DINING you are spoilt for choice! Lots of Cafes and Restaurants
* FREE PICK UPS from Bus Station and Airport
FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE US WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE
We stayed with Carol and Lawrie for 5 nights in their lovely home. They welcomed us into their home with open arms and by the end of our stay they felt like family. We just loved hearing all their amazing travel stories (be sure to ask) and hope to keep in touch as they continue to travel the world.
The photos don't do justice to how lovely and well kept their home is.
Would recommend the Chandler home for anyone's stay.
Carol and Lawrie!!!! Where do I begin? They truly embody that Kiwi hospitality that New Zealanders are famous for! Carol is sweet, warm and kind! Lawrie is that favorite uncle we all enjoy hanging out with! We spent just one night at their home, but I highly recommend it! Its beautiful, clean, and in a great area!
This was a super stay! Anyone who stays with Carol and Lawrie will be more than pleased. A great couple and the accommodations are superb also. Thanks Carol and Lawrie!
Carol and Lawrie are the perfect hosts, cheerful, welcoming, helpful and have traveling stories that will amaze you. Their house and the room is modern, clean and quiet. I had a fantastic stay and cannot recommend them highly enough! Oh and their travel tips for places to go and see were bang on: the Gentle Annie road: awesome!
Had a lovely stay in there Home. Awesome Bed, everything is clean and a nice breakfast, with self-made bread.
Carol and lawrie are brillant hosts.
They made me feel like home telling me a lot of stories about their trips all around the world and gave me usefull info about Taupo and new zealand in general (making me save up plenty of time and money).
The invited me for dinner too offering fresh vegetables and fruits from their garden (delicious).
In a word, fantastic people.
The accomodation was how i expected, clean, tidy and in a panoramic position...exellent.
I'd like to meet carol & lawrie again.
The reservation was canceled 39 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Carol & Lawrie were such wonderful hosts. They helped us organise many of our activities whilst staying there which was a fantastic help to us. They are very welcoming people (Lawrie was sweet enough to record the curling for me to watch one night!) and Carol is just a darling. We only wished we had more time to spend with them as once we got chatting over a cup of tea there was no stopping us!
Their home is beautiful, well presented and very clean and tidy. I would highly recommend this to anyone and we hope to return one day!
We had a very happy one night stay with Carol and Lawrie who were the perfect hosts, making us a cup of tea on arrival and chatting with us, then making the patio available for us to relax with a drink. They recommended a very nice restaurant for our dinner and then they even let us watch "Doc Martin" on their lounge tv. Perfect! Clean and very comfortable rooms meant a great night's sleep before a lovely breakfast the next morning. Our first AirBnB experience and it was a very good one indeed.
We had a wonderful time with Carol and Lawrie. They were wonderful hosts. They made all of us feel right at home. We had the best fish and chips ever and both Carol and Lawrie joined us and showed us around. They are full of knowledge on what to do in Taupo. Taupo (email hidden)ey have a wonderful home. If you are ever in Taupo, you definitely need to stay with Carol and Lawrie. We had wonderful conversations and good times. Lawrie introduced us to hokey pokey ice cream. It is delicious. Thanks again for everything. We hope to see you both rving in the US. Happy travels to you both.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT