Lovely boutique apartment, 40 square meters (430 square feet), consisting of:
- Large bedroom (fits max 3 people, one new Ikea double bed and one comfortable single sofa bed)
- Living room with kitchen corner (fits max 2 people, one new comfortable Ikea double sofa bed)
- Large and comfortable bathroom
Our flat is located in Venezia Mestre, the mainland of Venice, not in the Historical Center, the famous part with canals and gondolas.
To go to Venice Historical Center you need to take the bus or train and takes exactly 10 minutes. Buses run all day and all night, so there is no limit of transport, you can get home comfortably at any time, even in the middle of the night.
The apartment is furnished with:
- Clean bed sheets, pillowcases, blankets and towels for the number of people you booked for
- Shower gel, shampoo and toilet paper
- Soap and softener for washing machine
- Some complimentary wine and food
ARRIVAL CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT HOURS
Check-in time is generally between 2pm and 6pm.
Check-out time is generally 12 (noon).
If your arrival/departure times doesn't match with our check-in and check-out times, let us know, we are very flexible and we can offer some solutions for a little extra (read below).
THE PRICE IS CALCULATED THIS WAY:
Cleaning fee + Daily rental of the flat
The cleaning fee it's not just about cleaning, it includes all the costs of the preparation of the apartment before your stay: cleaning, providing clean bedsheets and towels, toilet paper, soap, shampoo, meetup and check-in process, ...
For each person after the 2nd there is an extra fee automatically calculated by Airbnb.
If it's just 2 people but they will not share the main double bed, you should put 3 people for the accurate calculation.
Tourist Tax for the City of Venice is 1,50 euro per night per person (max 5 nights per person, children up to 10yo are exempt) and should be payed cash on arrival
EXTRA FEES ON REQUEST (to be payed cash on arrival):
- Check-in before 2pm, if available: 20 euro
- Check-out after 12 (noon), if available: 20 euro
- Check-in after 6pm: 10 euro
- Check-in after 10pm: 20 euro
- Luggage deposit on the day of arrival or of departure: 10 euro for any number of luggage
- Safe parking lot for your car (on request): 10 euro/day
- WiFi and Cable Internet
- Fully furnished kitchen with gas stove, microwave/combi oven, fridge, freezer
- Washing machine and drying rack
- Hair dryer
- Iron and small ironing board
As per Italian law regarding rental apartments, there is NO BREAKFAST PROVIDED and no cleaning services during your stay. It's a fully self-catering and autonomous apartment. Anyway we provide some complimentary food in the flat and there are cheap supermarkets, bars and restaurants around.
Interaction with Guests
Enjoy it like your own flat in Venice!
You can invite who you like, cook for yourself, wash clothes, make dinners, parties, watch television, use the Internet; everything in full privacy! Like a hotel room but much better! Especially for big groups of friends or families with children.
In case of any problem, just let us know at the contact numbers and addresses provided, we live nearby and we will be quick in addressing any problem or any need you have during your stay.
If you want to share a dinner or social activities, get to meet some locals; you are welcome to join us!
We will really make our best to make you feel comfortable and provide all things you might need to live in Venice for few days/ all fresh information about clubs, restaurants, events, exhibitions and meeting points.
In the immediate proximity there is
- A minimarket
- A pizzeria with wood oven (Delicious! The original way to make pizza!)
- Tobacco shop and several bars
In the surroundings of the flat there are very cheap and good supermarkets and any kind of shops, also ethnic (Indian, Chinese, Bangladeshi, African, Russian, Romanian, etc) plus normal and cheap Italian restaurants (much better quality and lower prices compared to the tourist area)
We are constantly updated on all necessary information about the city: transport, attractions, events, shows, concerts, open air cinema, nightlife, etc
Our goal is to give you the most updated and fresh information to enjoy your time in Venice, that is not necessary an expensive city if you have the right information!
For example, you can
- Use the Internet, kitchen, washing machine FOR FREE!
- See one of the few original gondolas remained in Venice FOR FREE!!!
- Try the gondola for ONLY 2 EURO!!! Yes, TWO EURO!!!
- Taste a slice of the probably best pizza in the world for 2,5 EURO!
- Drink the best Spritz (venetian drink) or Prosecco with free snacks buffet for 2.5 EURO or with free food (pasta, risotto) buffet for 7 EURO!
- Eat the tastiest Tramezzino (famous venetian sandwich) for 1.50 EURO!
- Taste the best icecream of Venice, a huge scoop for 1.50 EURO!
- Enjoy lots of free concerts, dance parties, events.. FOR FREE!!!
- Spend a lovely day in nearby Padova or Treviso for 6 EURO return ticket
- Spend a whole day on 5 or more islands of the Venetian lagoon and hopping on and off waterbuses for just 18 EURO
- Spend three days in all islands of the Venetian lagoon and beach hopping on and off waterbuses for 24 euro (if you are younger than 30yo)
Are you ready to have a wonderful Venetian experience? Come and stay with us! :)))
The flat is in a strategic position:
- 2 minutes walking to Ve. MESTRE train station (every single train with destination or departure Venice stop there)
- 1 minute walking to the ATVO bus terminal for the VCE airport (Venice Marco Polo) and TSF airport (Venice Treviso)
Buses to/from Venice Historical Center (island part) run all day (every 2-5 minutes) and all night (every 20 minutes), one ride costs just 1.30 euro and it takes just 10 minutes to get there.
It's also possible to get to Venice Old Town by train (less frequent, 1,25 euro).
- Cheap parking area on the street in the surroundings
- We have one safe private parking space for one car (10 euro extra/day)
Other Things to Note
In your first message (or anyway not later than 3 days before your arrival), you should provide us:
- your arrival train/flight number and the arrival time
- your mobile number where you can receive sms
- total number of people
- which beds and sofabeds you would like to be prepared for you of the ones that are available in the apartment
As soon as the booking will be completed, you will receive an email by Airbnb with all data of your booking, the exact address and all information for a smooth check-in, including the directions to our meeting points from the nearest train station and from the airports and our phone number.
We strongly advice to print that email or screenshot it on your phone/tablet.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
The apartment is unattended so you have to let us know your arrival time and have an agreement regarding the official meeting points. You can't just show up at the apartment because nobody will be there. If you have a phone that is able to send sms/text messages or whatsapp it will be very helpful.
On the arrival we will:
- Wait you at the meeting point at the agreed time
- Show you the flat and all amenities
- Give you first hand information about Venice and touristic spots
- Provide keys of the flat, one information booklet with maps and info about the city and the flat (in English)
- Give you contact details in case of any need
Arrival time will be based on your train/flight arrival time and will be agreed with you, by Airbnb message or SMS/whatsapp. It will be automatically updated in case of delay of the train/flight.
The arrival from the airports and the train station is very easy and we provide you detailed instructions.
From the airport or the train station you are required to proceed directly to the agreed meeting point, we will be waiting for you.
PLEASE WRITE IN YOUR REQUEST
- dates of interest
- arrival date/time (train/bus/flight/ship) and the train/flight number
- full names / age / gender / nationality of all guests
- which languages you speak
- if you will have a mobile phone with you on your trip
1) smoking is allowed just in the living room near the windows, keeping it open (next guests don't want smoke smell)
2) kitchen should be left clean as it was found, if the kitchen requires washing, (dishes, pots, glasses, stove) you will be charged extra 10 euros.
3) separate the garbage (We have five recycling bins: paper/cardboard - plastic/metal/glass - organic waste - batteries/electronics/medicines - all the rest).
4) we will write down the data of our passport/ID on the arrival
5) if you break/damage anything, not a big deal, but just pay for it
As most people have said before - Tom is a great guy, very friendly, helpful and very good english speaker also. He made sure I knew where everything was, how to catch the bus to Venice, where to buy tickets etc etc. Apartment clean, safe and good, Tom provided some basic food stuffs and wine to get me started. I stayed for the whole month of February as I was working close by on a contract - no problems at all. Very convenient location, and the pizza place on the corner does great pizza. Would definitely book again if and when I am back
We traveled as a family, and stayed in No stress apartment for 7 days. Tom's friend Veronica wait for us in the apartment for checking in. Tom and Veronica were so kind and very helpful during our stay. We were always in touch for any matter. The apartment is nice and comfortable. It has everything you need. It is in a great location, just next to the train station, which was very convenient for traveling to Venice and to any other near town, especially with the baby strollers since there is more space than in the bus.
We would recommend it to anyone.
What a terrific guy Tom is .
We went out of the way to explain to us the major attractions and how to get there , the best & the most economical way to see Venice including a 2 Euro Gondola ride . He spent at least an hour giving us details and made our Visit to Venice a most pleasant experience
Tom by far has been one of the best host we have had. He spent over an hour helping us plan what we should do in Venice. Tom's guide book and instructions was way better then any map or gps. Our train schedule changed 3 time that day due to train delays and he was so patient and understanding. He was so sweet, he picked us up from the train station and left wine and enough food for two meals in the fridge!
The apartment has everything you will need and the location was a 10min bus ride into Venice island and 3min walk from Mestre train station. The area appears to look dangerous but is 100% safe, it's just not overly developed yet (think train tracks and parking lots and apartments). There isn't much to do right by the apartment unless u walk about 10 blocks out. We used it as a base to the islands and that was perfect for us! This apartment was a great value for it's price! Definitely will book with Tom again!
Un hôte d'exception dans une ville d'exception! Voyageurs, voyageuses, rares sont les accueils de cette qualité! Nous recommandons très vivement cet appartement tout proche du centre historique de Venise, tenu par un hôte du plus grand sérieux et de la plus grande gentillesse. L'appartement est très bien situé, parfaitement propre et très lumineux. Nous remercions très chaleureusement Tom pour ce magnifique séjour! Alla prossima volta!
Первое, что хотелось бы отметить- Том очень хорошо говорит по русски. Ещё он очень пунктуальный и добросовестный человек. Встретил, всё показал и рассказал- как чем пользоваться, что обязательно посетить за два дня, помог купить проездные на транспорт, был постоянно на связи. Сама квартира в идеальном состоянии, есть всё необходимое для проживания. Кроме того холодильник был забит свежими итальянскими продуктами, причём Том сказал, что это всё для нас и мы всем этим можем пользоваться. Месторасположение тоже идеальное. Остановка автобуса в аэропорт реально 30 секунд от дома. Остановка в Венецию - 3 минуты от дома. Время проезда до площади Рима- 10-12минут. В общем проживание у Тома оставило только положительные впечатления. Всем советую. Соотношение цена-качество идеальное.
Fantastic apartment with everything you need within walking distance including buses, trains and all transport and tickets to Venice Central. Only a 10-15 bus ride away and buses going constantly. Tom was a wonderful host, stocking up the pantry and fridge for our late check in. The wifi is super speedy and there are heaps of supermarkets, eateries nearby. Great place and highly recommended.
This host has 348 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
36yo photographer (Tom Prospero ph) and IT consultant
starting new businesses in Internet while dealing with old ones offline
shares a big apartment with nice students and expatriates
likes to meet people, share dinners and laughs
speaks in Italian, English, Russian, Spanish and is studying French and German
on fаcеbооk you can find me searching for "Tom Venice Tom Prospero ph"
Likes to do
Portraits, Photography, Glamour and Art, Business management, Personal Consulting, Massage, Falling Asleep While Cuddling, Sleeping, Cazzeggiare, Cantare a squarciagola in macchina, Coccole, Fare l'amore, Reggicalze, Estate, Bacio Sotto La Pioggia, Piumone, Smiling, I love summer, Swimming, Carnevale di Venezia, Vespa, Sauna, Playboy, Forte Marghera, It's my time - Benetton Global Casting, Spiaggia di notte, Festin bueo, Grattini, in pigiama tutta la domenica, il Mare, Victoria's Secret, Suicide Girls
Music, art, artists, shows, books he likes
Reggeaton, Contemporary R&B, Italian Pop, Acid jazz, Disco, Reggae, Silk road projects, Pitura Freska, Patrizia Laquidara, Paola Cortellesi, Beyoncé, Daft Punk, Elio e le Storie Tese, Björk, Jamiroquai, Shakira, Atlas Shrugged, Il corpo delle donne, Amelie, Eyes Wide Shut, Into the Wild, A Clockwork Orange, Report, The essence of decadence, Soul & Dance, Veneziacomix, Chyngyz Aitmatov, Ferzan Ozpetek, Paolo Bitta, The Little Prince, Luciana Littizzetto, Silvano Agosti, Fabio Volo, David DeAngelo, Quelo, Andrea Camilleri, Le Iene, Woody Allen, Angel Chen, Romina Mondello, Ausra Osipaviciute Photography, Alberto Sordi, Ayn Rand, Michelle Hunziker, Roberto Benigni
Websites he likes
Fаcеbооk, World Nomads, (website hidden), Gооgle, My Personality, Techlovers, The Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Al Vapore Bar e Musica, Passive-Aggressive Notes, Chatroulette
Food and drinks he likes
Vegetables, Italian cusine, Chinese cusine, Sachertorte, Baci Perugina fan club, Ice cream / Gelato, Pizza, Vino, Erdbeere, Spritz, Patatine Fritte, Il tramezzino, Tiramisù, Acqua pubblica, Olive Ascolane, Mozzarella, Maionese, Cappuccino, Cornetto caldo di notte......., Salame di cioccolato, Pasta, Mojito
Inspirational people for him
Dalai Lama, Albert Einstein, Marco Travaglio, Osho, Massimo Cacciari, Margherita Hack, Giacomo Leopardi, The Volcanic Ash Cloud!, Paolo Attivissimo, Cheburashka, Grande Capo Estiqaatsi, Greenpeace International, Barack Obama, PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)