About this listing
Lovely boutique apartment, 40 square meters (430 square feet), consisting of:
- Large bedroom (fits max 3 people, one new Ikea double bed and one comfortable single sofa bed)
- Living room with kitchen corner (fits max 2 people, one new comfortable Ikea double sofa bed)
- Large and comfortable bathroom
Our flat is located in Venezia Mestre, the mainland of Venice, not in the Historical Center, the famous part with canals and gondolas.
To go to Venice Historical Center you need to take the bus or train and takes exactly 10 minutes. Buses run all day and all night, so there is no limit of transport, you can get home comfortably at any time, even in the middle of the night.
The apartment is furnished with:
- Clean bed sheets, pillowcases, blankets and towels for the number of people you booked for
- Shower gel, shampoo and toilet paper
- Soap and softener for washing machine
- Some complimentary wine and food
ARRIVAL CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT HOURS
Check-in time is generally between 2pm and 6pm.
Check-out time is generally 12 (noon).
If your arrival/departure times doesn't match with our check-in and check-out times, let us know, we are very flexible and we can offer some solutions for a little extra (read below).
THE PRICE IS CALCULATED THIS WAY:
Cleaning fee + Daily rental of the flat
The cleaning fee it's not just about cleaning, it includes all the costs of the preparation of the apartment before your stay: cleaning, providing clean bedsheets and towels, toilet paper, soap, shampoo, meetup and check-in process, ...
For each person after the 2nd there is an extra fee automatically calculated by Airbnb.
If it's just 2 people but they will not share the main double bed, you should put 3 people for the accurate calculation.
Tourist Tax for the City of Venice is 1,50 euro per night per person (max 5 nights per person, children up to 10yo are exempt) and should be payed cash on arrival
EXTRA FEES ON REQUEST (to be payed cash on arrival):
- Check-in before 2pm, if available: 20 euro
- Check-out after 12 (noon), if available: 20 euro
- Check-in after 6pm: 10 euro
- Check-in after 10pm: 20 euro
- Luggage deposit on the day of arrival or of departure: 10 euro for any number of luggage
- Safe parking lot for your car (on request): 10 euro/day
- WiFi and Cable Internet
- Fully furnished kitchen with gas stove, microwave/combi oven, fridge, freezer
- Washing machine and drying rack
- Hair dryer
- Iron and small ironing board
As per Italian law regarding rental apartments, there is NO BREAKFAST PROVIDED and no cleaning services during your stay. It's a fully self-catering and autonomous apartment. Anyway we provide some complimentary food in the flat and there are cheap supermarkets, bars and restaurants around.
Interaction with Guests
Enjoy it like your own flat in Venice!
You can invite who you like, cook for yourself, wash clothes, make dinners, parties, watch television, use the Internet; everything in full privacy! Like a hotel room but much better! Especially for big groups of friends or families with children.
In case of any problem, just let us know at the contact numbers and addresses provided, we live nearby and we will be quick in addressing any problem or any need you have during your stay.
If you want to share a dinner or social activities, get to meet some locals; you are welcome to join us!
We will really make our best to make you feel comfortable and provide all things you might need to live in Venice for few days/ all fresh information about clubs, restaurants, events, exhibitions and meeting points.
In the immediate proximity there is
- A minimarket
- A pizzeria with wood oven (Delicious! The original way to make pizza!)
- Tobacco shop and several bars
In the surroundings of the flat there are very cheap and good supermarkets and any kind of shops, also ethnic (Indian, Chinese, Bangladeshi, African, Russian, Romanian, etc) plus normal and cheap Italian restaurants (much better quality and lower prices compared to the tourist area)
We are constantly updated on all necessary information about the city: transport, attractions, events, shows, concerts, open air cinema, nightlife, etc
Our goal is to give you the most updated and fresh information to enjoy your time in Venice, that is not necessary an expensive city if you have the right information!
For example, you can
- Use the Internet, kitchen, washing machine FOR FREE!
- See one of the few original gondolas remained in Venice FOR FREE!!!
- Try the gondola for ONLY 2 EURO!!! Yes, TWO EURO!!!
- Taste a slice of the probably best pizza in the world for 2,5 EURO!
- Drink the best Spritz (venetian drink) or Prosecco with free snacks buffet for 2.5 EURO or with free food (pasta, risotto) buffet for 7 EURO!
- Eat the tastiest Tramezzino (famous venetian sandwich) for 1.50 EURO!
- Taste the best icecream of Venice, a huge scoop for 1.50 EURO!
- Enjoy lots of free concerts, dance parties, events.. FOR FREE!!!
- Spend a lovely day in nearby Padova or Treviso for 6 EURO return ticket
- Spend a whole day on 5 or more islands of the Venetian lagoon and hopping on and off waterbuses for just 18 EURO
- Spend three days in all islands of the Venetian lagoon and beach hopping on and off waterbuses for 24 euro (if you are younger than 30yo)
Are you ready to have a wonderful Venetian experience? Come and stay with us! :)))
The flat is in a strategic position:
- 2 minutes walking to Ve. MESTRE train station (every single train with destination or departure Venice stop there)
- 1 minute walking to the ATVO bus terminal for the VCE airport (Venice Marco Polo) and TSF airport (Venice Treviso)
Buses to/from Venice Historical Center (island part) run all day (every 2-5 minutes) and all night (every 20 minutes), one ride costs just 1.30 euro and it takes just 10 minutes to get there.
It's also possible to get to Venice Old Town by train (less frequent, 1,25 euro).
- Cheap parking area on the street in the surroundings
- We have one safe private parking space for one car (10 euro extra/day)
Other Things to Note
In your first message (or anyway not later than 3 days before your arrival), you should provide us:
- your arrival train/flight number and the arrival time
- your mobile number where you can receive sms
- total number of people
- which beds and sofabeds you would like to be prepared for you of the ones that are available in the apartment
As soon as the booking will be completed, you will receive an email by Airbnb with all data of your booking, the exact address and all information for a smooth check-in, including the directions to our meeting points from the nearest train station and from the airports and our phone number.
We strongly advice to print that email or screenshot it on your phone/tablet.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
The apartment is unattended so you have to let us know your arrival time and have an agreement regarding the official meeting points. You can't just show up at the apartment because nobody will be there. If you have a phone that is able to send sms/text messages or (website hidden) it will be very helpful.
On the arrival we will:
- Wait you at the meeting point at the agreed time
- Show you the flat and all amenities
- Give you first hand information about Venice and touristic spots
- Provide keys of the flat, one information booklet with maps and info about the city and the flat (in English)
- Give you contact details in case of any need
Arrival time will be based on your train/flight arrival time and will be agreed with you, by Airbnb message or SMS/(website hidden). It will be automatically updated in case of delay of the train/flight.
The arrival from the airports and the train station is very easy and we provide you detailed instructions.
From the airport or the train station you are required to proceed directly to the agreed meeting point, we will be waiting for you.
PLEASE WRITE IN YOUR REQUEST
- dates of interest
- arrival date/time (train/bus/flight/ship) and the train/flight number
- full names / age / gender / nationality of all guests
- which languages you speak
- if you will have a mobile phone with you on your trip
1) smoking is allowed just in the living room near the windows, keeping it open (next guests don't want smoke smell)
2) kitchen should be left clean as it was found, if the kitchen requires washing, (dishes, pots, glasses, stove) you will be charged extra 10 euros.
3) separate the garbage (We have five recycling bins: paper/cardboard - plastic/metal/glass - organic waste - batteries/electronics/medicines - all the rest).
4) we will write down the data of our passport/ID on the arrival
5) if you break/damage anything, not a big deal, but just pay for it
From Jun 1 - Aug 31, 2015 the minimum stay is 2 nights.
Tom was an excellent host. He provided a wealth of information that made getting around venice extremely easy. Bus ride into Venice is only about 10 minutes and the waterbus very accessible once in Venice city. The place was clean and inviting. Tom provides a lot of information so that you can do activities on a budget. Highly recommend this place.
Although it is on the mainland, the location of this apartment is great. The bus is a 2 minute walk and gets you into Venezia in 10 mins, the train station is right next door and the pizza across the road is amazing (seriously)! Tom was so helpful, he met us for an early checkin that we asked for, gave us countless good tips for food and activities and was always available on the phone if needed. We loved having the space of the apartment and all we needed to cook in the kitchen. We are very thankful for our stay and would definitely recommend it!
Tom's apartment was really great. The location in Mestre was perfect - right next to the train station and the bus stop to Piazzale Roma. It was very clean, comfortable and spacious. The bed was also really good and we both slept excellently each night. It had everything we needed including a well stocked kitchen which even had some basic cooking ingredients. The only criticism I would have of the apartment was the shower - the pressure was really weak and the temperature sporadic. The shower curtain was also pretty grotty.
Tom was really friendly and great with communication. We were met at the station with a smile and shown to the apartment. He and his colleague Elena gave us heaps of useful info for our stay. However, I felt that he was, at times, quite patronising and disrespectful toward her.
Overall though, a great experience and a great place to stay.
Tom was a prompt and effective host. The flat was located right next to Mestre station, just a short ride to both central Venice and the airport - exactly what we were looking for. The flat was comfortable and had everything one would require for a few nights stay in Venice.
The listing was accurate. Zero problems. Would stay again. Would reccomend this flat to anyone looking to stay in Venice for a few nights on a budget.
Staying at Tom's house was such a great experience, the apartment was well equipped we had everything we needed, it was also very close to the train/bus station so very convenient. We received a very warm welcome on arrival and given very detailed information about Venice. I would stay in this place any day anytime. Highly recommended.
Tom is the most welcoming, helpful host I had so far. He always answered my messages promptly before arrival, and during our stay. He met us at the train station, helped to bring the luggage in the apartment, sat with us and explained everything about the apartment, getting to Venice, and so on.
The apartment is spacious, beds are comfortable. It's on the second floor, there is an elevator in the building. The kitchen has everything you might need and even more:-) There is a ceiling fan in the bedroom, and a fan in the living room.
The street is a bit noisy in the night. A big supermarket is very close to the apartment. Getting to Venice is very easy and quick. The buses come very often. The pizza place on the other side of the street is really good.
All in all we liked the apartment a lot, it was a very comfortable stay.
Tom replied quickly to all my emails. He met us at the train station upon our arrival and even gave us some insider information about the day passes. There is awesome guide book he put together in the apartment. He took the time to preview all the highlights with us and gave us some useful knowledge about the Venetian culture. We had a great stay in Venice!
This host has 474 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Tom
photographer (Tom Prospero ph) and IT consultant
starting new businesses in Internet while dealing with old ones offline
shares a big apartment with nice students and expatriates
likes to meet people, share dinners and laughs
speaks in Italian, English, Russian, Spanish and is studying French, German
on fаcеbооk you can find me searching for "Tom Venice Tom Prospero ph"
Likes to do
Portraits, Photography, Glamour and Art, Business management, Personal Consulting, Massage, Falling Asleep While Cuddling, Sleeping, Cazzeggiare, Cantare a squarciagola in macchina, Coccole, Fare l'amore, Reggicalze, Estate, Bacio Sotto La Pioggia, Piumone, Smiling, I love summer, Swimming, Carnevale di Venezia, Vespa, Sauna, Playboy, Forte Marghera, It's my time - Benetton Global Casting, Spiaggia di notte, Festin bueo, Grattini, in pigiama tutta la domenica, il Mare, Victoria's Secret, Suicide Girls
Music, art, artists, shows, books he likes
Reggeaton, Contemporary R&B, Italian Pop, Acid jazz, Disco, Reggae, Silk road projects, Pitura Freska, Patrizia Laquidara, Paola Cortellesi, Beyoncé, Daft Punk, Elio e le Storie Tese, Björk, Jamiroquai, Shakira, Atlas Shrugged, Il corpo delle donne, Amelie, Eyes Wide Shut, Into the Wild, A Clockwork Orange, Report, The essence of decadence, Soul & Dance, Veneziacomix, Chyngyz Aitmatov, Ferzan Ozpetek, Paolo Bitta, The Little Prince, Luciana Littizzetto, Silvano Agosti, Fabio Volo, David DeAngelo, Quelo, Andrea Camilleri, Le Iene, Woody Allen, Angel Chen, Romina Mondello, Ausra Osipaviciute Photography, Alberto Sordi, Ayn Rand, Michelle Hunziker, Roberto Benigni
Websites he likes
Fаcеbооk, World Nomads, (website hidden), Gооgle, My Personality, Techlovers, The Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Al Vapore Bar e Musica, Passive-Aggressive Notes, Chatroulette
Food and drinks he likes
Vegetables, Italian cusine, Chinese cusine, Sachertorte, Baci Perugina fan club, Ice cream / Gelato, Pizza, Vino, Erdbeere, Spritz, Patatine Fritte, Il tramezzino, Tiramisù, Acqua pubblica, Olive Ascolane, Mozzarella, Maionese, Cappuccino, Cornetto caldo di notte......., Salame di cioccolato, Pasta, Mojito
Inspirational people for him
Dalai Lama, Albert Einstein, Marco Travaglio, Osho, Massimo Cacciari, Margherita Hack, Giacomo Leopardi, The Volcanic Ash Cloud!, Paolo Attivissimo, Cheburashka, Grande Capo Estiqaatsi, Greenpeace International, Barack Obama, PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals)