PARK SLOPE is: safe, beautiful, hip but quiet
* Chosen as BEST NY neighborhood; Also "Top 5 neighborhood in USA"!
* Close/quick subways to Manhattan
* Delicious inexpensive restaurants
* great live music places close (Barbes, Bell House)
* Near Prospect Park (& free events & concerts)
* Botanical Gardens / Museum / Brooklyn Academy of Music
* Steps from NY Marathon route
* Flea Markets & bargain shopping
* YMCA, NY Sports Club, outdoor olympic pool, good parking, much more. I have Maps & lots of good advice for your trip.
APT DETAILS: 2 bedroom apartment:
1st room = King size bed;Comfy mattress
2nd room = New Full size loft bed -
There is also an extra folded roll away twin bed- and a sofa bed in the living room that sleeps two.
Apartment- hardwood floors, accent lighting. The apartment boasts a large kitchen with stove, microwave, oven, fridge, toaster. A spacious Living room, a dining table that sits 8 people, as well as two comfy sofa's.
And lovely Green Garden!!
Lovely, sunny, well-equipped, quiet apartment in Park Slope wifi, cable tv, coffee maker, microwave, 100% cotton fresh towels and bed linens. All you need is a change of clothes, toiletries, and personal items.
The apartment is 1/2 block from the R trains (Prospect ave & 4th Ave stops) and 4 blocks away from the F and G train, which bring you to lower Manhattan within 20 minutes. Walk up 16th Street 4-1/2 blocks and you’re in the 585-acre Prospect Park, the huge Harmony Playground, and the renowned Bandshell for live, free performances all summer. Within one block of the apartment is a large well-stocked grocery store, several pharmacies and banks, and the post office. Continue down 5th Avenue and you’ll find dozens of highly regarded restaurants (like the famous Al Di La reviewed in the New York Times) as well as tons of ethnic places (Mexican, Indian, Moroccan, Thai, etc), boutiques, coffee shops (Ozzie's! Gorilla Coffee!), patisseries (Blue Sky Bakery! Colson Patisserie!), and bars. Up on 7th Avenue, you’ll find more of the same, plus larger stores like Barnes and Noble and Starbucks. This is truly a great location from which to access most of New York City's landmarks, features, and fun. Also, it borders Park Slope's historic, landmarked neighborhood, which provides charming local walks and explorations.
Disclaimer: Though this is my first official Airbnb review / booking on my personal account, this is not my first stay at an Airbnb location.
I had wanted a nice space for my family to stay during my wedding in Brooklyn. I connected with Rabyaah, who was incredibly responsive and positive about the space. Please read everyone's reviews for this space and decide for yourself if this is an ideal space for you.
+ Colorful and well-decorated feel
+ Steam iron was great to have
+ The beds are comfortable
+ The unit is relatively quiet from outside noises
+ The host is very responsive and will act quickly
+ There's a great room for young children
+ Wifi works great
= While you can technically fit 8 people in this space, we felt a bit cramped with 4 adults and one 2 year old child.
- The immediate location is, in my humble opinion, fairly gritty. This was not reflected in the description, and since the location shows a radius, we were rolling the dice on this one. The location is a further away from the park and is very close to a freeway and many industrial buildings. Some may find this to be okay. I felt worried about the safety of my family initially, but we were fine. The description should be updated to reflect Gowanus instead of Park Slope.
- The upstairs neighbors tend to walk around late at night randomly, and their footsteps can be heard.
- The unit was not totally prepared for our stay:
1. There was only 1 towel available when we arrived (Rabyaah had a friend deliver towels later that night when we made her aware of this)
2. The light bulb in the main room was out.
3. There was a cup with an apple core left in the sink.
4. There was food in the fridge, but no note was left indicating wether it was for guests or for the residents. We moved everything aside to make room for our own food, but there was limited space.
5. Understandably, people live at the unit, but we were hoping for at least some closet space or a drawer to place our own clothes. There was no available space.
Overall this location was okay. Not great, not bad.
Great location in Park Slope, very proximate to bars/restaurants and public transit. Spacious living and dining areas made for an accommodating space to entertain a few guests before venturing out for the night.
Rabyaah was an excellent host. He apartment was spacious and a pleasure to be in. Location fantastic. Highly recommend!
We have reserved Rabyaah's apartment for several criterions. First of all, room for 5 adults and a teenager. The apartment was big enough for us, for luggages and also for having breakfast or dinner.
From the location in Brooklyn, it is very easy to go to Manhattan : the subway is close the (email hidden) and a grocery is open 7 days a week at the corner. It is secure and calm.
Rabyaah is helpful and available. She stayed waiting us when our flight was delayed, solved a keys issue in a few minutes and has been flexible for check out time.
I recommend her.
Rabyaah is a fantastic host, she had a good professional ability to satisfy all are needs.
The apartment was very confortable, it was very spacious for 5 people, location was great, it was very close to subway and only one block from the apartment i had many restaurants, pubs, supermarket near me.
I hope to go back next year.
Rabyaah is a very responsive host. The flat is near the fifth avenue in Brooklyn, full of life, pubs and stores.
The building is a bit old and noisy, the flat is cosy. A family of five fits well. We were 7, so it could be little.
Going to Manhattan takes 5 minutes walk, 15 minutes subway, line R (it's a direct line in the nights and weekends, you should change during working days).
Rabyaah is really a sincere and helpful host. However, she had difficulty in managing the routine tasks. The beds were not clean when we arrived. And the windows were open because of the ACs on the windows and it was freezing. We removed them to close the windows by ourselves. One night we were left out the building since the outdoor locked had been changed. So it was not my perfect stay.
Communication is key between host and guest. Mr. Sertan stayed at my place with his friends for four nights and not once did he complain to me or airbnb that there were any issues with the beds. Nontheless, there was a closet full of sheets/linens that were at his disposal to use. In regards to the AC's, the weather was still in the 70's and that is why the AC's were still in the windows. When mr. Sertan called me, I offered to take them out, but he said that he would do it himself. In regards to being locked out, the landlord unexpectedly changed the front door lock and I had a hard time reaching Mr. Sertan, and the night he called, I was there within five minutes to let him and his friends in and gave him a copy of the key. My reviews speak for themselves.
Rabyaah was a good and responsive host. The apartnment was clean, convenient, and advertised.
Rabyaah was a wonderful host. She was organized and responsive when booking accommodations, and very flexible with our needs regarding hours of use: we found Rabyaah’s apartment because we were filming a movie in the neighborhood and were looking for a nice place for our A-List talent to stay and relax on their breaks during the shoot. We stayed in her apartment for just over a week, and were primarily there during the days. The apartment is uniquely decorated, comfortable,
and very conveniently located near the Prospect Ave. subway stop on the R train. Thanks for a great stay, Rabyaah!
We couldn't ask for a better location for our business trip to NYC. Our host was quick to respond to all of our requests and questions. The apartment was clean and convenient to shops, restaurants and everything else Park Slope has to offer.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.