About This Listing
If you are looking to relax and enjoy the beach, this is your spot! Quiet beach retreat in South Oceanside. 2BR 1BA, Remodeled to a cool Modern look July 2013, nearly everything is brand new and ready for you!
+Across the street from the sand and waves
+30 feet to pool and hot tub
+Relatively uncrowded good waves right in front of the condo for surfing, bodyboarding, swimming
+New bedding, mattresses, towels, furniture, everything will be brand new in August when we begin rentals!
+Ocean Views from Living Room, Kitchen, and Patio (partial views)
+Directly across from beach access - super easy to walk your chairs and toys to the sand. This is a fraction of the walk compared to most 'ocean view' rentals in Oceanside.
+Elevated off of Pacific St. for privacy and relaxation
+Short 4 block walk to great restaurants such as BeachBreak Cafe (highest yelp rating in town) and Bull Taco (some of the best tacos, fish tacos in SD)
+Bike ride to downtown Oceanside, pier, Carlsbad
+High-speed wifi, flat screen, cable tv, ipod/phone dock, dvd player
+Convenient location for Legoland, Wild Animal Park, Sea World etc.
+New, portable AC units in both bedrooms come in handy on the warmest nights.
EVERYTHING: full, stocked kitchen, 4 beach chairs and 4 beach towels, beach toys, kids boogie boards, 1 soft-top surfboard, available for free with additional deposit!
Interaction with Guests
Odette Cressler helps us manage the condo and she responds on behalf of the owners for most bookings.
It was love at first sight. South Oceanside is an underrated gem of San Diego county. Super laid back and quiet, the beach here is empty most of the year. The waves can get quite good out front yet remain uncrowded compared to the rest of San Diego. We loved being near Cassidy Street where there are a number of good restaurants. This part of Oceanside definitely has a more upscale feel. We loved that this is a small complex, the pool area is typically empty. You just can't beat this location for the price!
Other Things to Note
City of Oceanside tax 10% of total rental due at booking for all stays less than 30 days. Please read the house rules prior to booking.
By reserving through Airbnb you agree to the following Rental Rules and Regulations:
1. Check-in Time is 4 pm and Check-out time is 11:30am NO exceptions without prior written approval.
2. This is a NON SMOKING unit
3. Pets are not permitted in rental units under any conditions
4. We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent. A copy of your Driver's License must be emailed or mailed to the owner prior to arrival.
5. DAMAGE/RESERVATION DEPOSIT= a damage deposit hold of $500 is required via AirBnBcredit and will be refunded by AirBnB provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to the unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in dumpster, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. One load of laundry is started.
d. All keys are left in the lock box and unit is left locked.
e. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
f. No linens are lost or damaged.
g. NO early check-ins or late check-out
h. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, the security company employed by my complex.
i. The owner does not receive any complaints from the neighbors, the HOA or the police which would jeopardize the owner's ability to rent the unit in the future.
6. PAYMENT- an advanced payment equal to 100% of the rental rate plus the cleaning fee $100, the taxes 10%, and the security deposit $500, is required before arrival and paid through Airbnb.
7. CANCELLATIONS- See Airbnb cancellation policy for this unit.
8. TAXES- Rentals less than 30 days must pay 10% Oceanside rental tax which is paid through Airbnb and included with your reservation.
9. CLEANING FEE- The $100 Fee should be added when you reserve through Airbnb.
10. INCLUSIVE FEES- Rates include a one-time linen towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
11. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE- While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
12. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS- Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
13. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS- Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
14. HOT TUBS- No children under the age of 12 permitted in hot tub at any time. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. There is no guaranteed temperature for either the pool or the Hot tub.
15. STORM POLICY- No refunds will be given for storms or foul weather.
16. INDEMNIFICATION - This condo is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or the condo complex facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
17. NO GUESTS – The condo is located in a small twelve unit complex. No additional daytime guests not part of this contract are allowed in the pool or hottub area without prior written consent of the owner.
18. NO SPECIAL EVENTS OR PARTIES - Due to the nature of the small complex, there shall be no parties, no music which can be heard outside of the unit and no special events on the Premises without prior written consent of the owner.
19. CONDOMINIUM HOA RULES – All vacation tenants are bound by the use restrictions set forth in the Condominium Homeowners Association documents. A copy of the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions of the Association may be accessed through the Owner at any time.
20.You’ll notice all complex and pool gates lock from both the inside and outside. While this may be annoying it is important for security. Please make sure to close the gate each time you exit, even for the pool. Our neighbors in the complex take this seriously.
21.Please do not leave ANYTHING in the outdoor area in front of our unit. Please do not hang any towels over the railing. Utilize the dryer or the towel rack in the bathroom + inside the closet.
22. By reserving through Airbnb, I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement
We had an amazing stay here. The unit is very tastefully decorated, and clean. The proximity to the ocean is amazing. It was very relaxing, and they even had a porta crib for our baby, as well as plenty of beach towels. Highly recommend. Can't wait to come back!
The only thing I will warn is if you are a light sleeper, and try to have the windows open at night, there are various trains and noises that come from the back parking alley. We didn't mind it, but could see how it could be an issue on warm nights when the ac units aren't hooked up.
Amazing condo! Very family friendly!
Nate, Odette, thank you for allowing us use of this beautiful condo that is so close to the beach with an awesome pool and hot tub. We had everything we needed to enjoy a little get away with our boys (4 and 2).
Condo was well equipped, quiet, and very clean.
Where to begin. . .The place was perfect! Upon entering the condo, we were greeted with a bottle of wine which didn't last long after a long day of driving. Ideal location, fabulous condo, all the necessary comforts of home and a few steps from the beach. Such a spacious condo for the 4 of us(mom, dad and our two little princesses). We traveled down from Saskatchewan Canada and stayed for a full month. The town of Oceanside has so many little hidden gems. As suggested, we parked the car and made a lot of foot trips through the town. We would walk the beach down to the pier for a play in the ocean then tour back through town to have some local food and drinks. We were constantly impressed with all the local restaurants that were recommended from you and all the people we met in Oceanside.
Location! We specifically chose Oceanside due to the proximity of San Diego as well as Los Angeles. We were exactly 45min from the SD Zoo and 50 min from Disney. On top of that, we were 6min from Legoland! Couldn't have picked a better location or condo.
It was out first experience with AirBnB but definitely not our last. The communication on setting everything up for our stay was absolutely spot-on. All our questions were answered in no time flat and we never had an issue. If we venture back to California again in any of our upcoming vacations, you will be seeing us here!
Many thanks and looking forward to visiting your place again someday.
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. We promise you that next time you visit San Diego, the couch situation will be fixed! We are working on it already so that we can provide our next guests with a better experience - thank you once again! Looking forward to hearing from you in the future.
Location was perfect, right across from the beach. The condo was clean and very nice touch with a bottle of wine; some coffee for the first day. Would stay again when I'm back in town.
The check in instructions were provided in advance and were easy to follow. A bottle of wine waited for us upon check in. The location of the apartment is very good, only one block from the beach. The place is advertised as equipped with 4 beds but there are only two beds and an L shaped sofa that could separate into two single beds good for kids (or short people). One block behind the building there is a railroad crossing and when the passing trains make the required "choo, choo" signal we could hear it in the apartment. For "light sleepers" this could be a problem (I was surprised that this was not even mentioned in previous reviews). The bedrooms are located directly above the building garage and when the garage doors were opened we could feel and hear it. The kitchen was nicely equipped.
Thanks for your feedback Grace, I'm glad you enjoyed most of your stay. In response to some of your comments, our photos clearly show that there is a queen bed in each bedroom. The condo does sleep 6 comfortably as the couch does separate into two, flat, very comfy single beds. Guests have repeatedly agreed they are much more comfortable than a fold-out or futon. I'm 6'1" and it is plenty long for me, I imagine someone 6'6" or taller would still not have their feet off the end of the single bed. The train is audible for almost all units along the beach in Oceanside, Carlsbad and neighboring communities as the track is 2 blocks from the beach. Most feel the sound is infrequent and negligible (especially with the windows closed). You are the first guest out of 50+ to have an issue with it. We have stayed in the unit for many many nights and I have never felt or heard the garage doors that you mention. It is a small 12 unit complex and we have never had an issue with anyone even using the garage doors during sleeping hours. We take great pride in our beach condo and providing an enjoyable stay for our guests.
Nate was very easy to communicate with when working out the details
before the trip - especially appreciated with this being our first
AirBnB experience. Descriptions of the place were clear and accurate.
The neighborhood was very up-scale & safe. We loved using the pool &
hot tub. He offered a lot of extra touches: Local eating
recommendations, availability of bikes, beach equip, etc, and the
bottle of wine waiting for our arrival was nice. All our family
remarked at how perfect the accommodation was for our reunion. One
unexpected matter came up during our stay; Nate was very responsive &
took care of it appropriately.
About the Host, Nate
I live in North Park near downtown San Diego with my wife and newborn son. Odette Cressler helps us manage the condo and responds to most inquiries.
Founder and Publisher, URBANIST.
CEO Sparkle Friday.
Vice President Strom Commercial Real Estate.
You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf!