About this listing
1 bedroom with 2 washrooms condo only 5 min walk to the the Byward Market.
- Rideau Centre
- Canal Rideau (bring your skate or rent them here)
- National Arts Centre
- National Gallery
- Art Gallery of Ottawa
- 24 hour "Loblaws" Grocery store across street
- Shoppers Drug Mart store on Rideau street.
- Bus stops on Rideau Street
- The Beer Store, LCBO, most government buildings, many restaurants and much more!
- Double Bed
- Pull out Leather couch (for 2)
- Laundry room in the building
- coffee maker
- iron/ironing board
- bedding and linens provided
- Private balcony
Walking distance to shopping and downtown sights:
Loblaws grocery store - 1 min
Metro grocery store - 2 min
Rideau Shopping Center - 6 min
Byward Market – 5 min
National Art Center – 10 min
Parliament Hill – 10 min.
Interaction with Guests
During your stay you can reach me and will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.
From the unit you can access pretty well all the major attractions on foot. You can even explore the Quebec shoreline and museum by crossing the Alexandra bridge which is about 25 min at a leisure walk pace. You will cross the ByWard market, have a spectacular view of the Ottawa river and of the Parliament Buildings. If you look closely on the hill you could still see the opening in the rock click where they use to have their canons.
Foot, Public Transportation, Taxi, Car
Welcome to the Cozy Unit in the heart of Ottawa ByWard Market! House rules are simple.
The unit is in excellent condition, we would like you and future guests to enjoy your stay and return the place as it was handed to you. (Pictures are taken prior to occupancy and will be compared to unit state at/after departure)
In order to complete reservation process and for security clearance, please email to me an electronic color copy of your and your guest's valid driver’s license front and back (for U.S and Canadian guests) or valid passport with color copy of photograph and address pages (for International guests).
Check-in is negotiable, however once agreed upon an arrival time, please respect that agreed time.
Check-out is before 11 AM.
1.Remove your shoes at front door
2.Absolutely no smoking in the unit of any kind, in the building or on the balcony.
3. Absolutely do not throw anything off the balcony
4. Absolutely no pets are allowed in the building or the unit
5. No damage to the floors, furniture or walls
6. No damage to the appliances (this includes the stove top and oven)
7. bicycles - to be discussed during the booking
8. Absolutely no loud noises or music
9. Absolutely no illegal activities
10. Absolutely no parties in the unit
11. Do not leave dirty dishes and garbage in the unit
12. Please respect all neighbours in regards to noise and music
13. Keys will be handed only to the guest that booked the unit.
14. Lost or damaged key will be reimbursed by the guest at a cost of $80 CAD.
15. Ensure to turn off oven and stove after normal usage. Not to be used for heavy cooking.
16. Please ensure the unit is as clean as when you arrival before leaving.
17. Please discard perishable items from fridge before checking-out. Wash any used dishes and put them away. Please do not use any food or beverage stored in the pantry or fridge. Remember to take all your belongings with you. Host is not responsible for items left behind. Thanks.
18. Trash items must be disposed by the guest prior to vacating premises through disposal chute located on same floor .
19. Avoid scratching/staining/marking the floors, walls, counter tops, cabinets, appliances, or furniture. Heels are not allowed beyond front entrance area, as this will damage the flooring.
20. Cost of any missing and/or damaged items will be applied against the guest's account.
21. All electrical appliance and lighting system must be turned off when not in use.
22. Heating system must be turned off when balcony door or windows are opened.
23. Use of premises is exclusively for the guest(s) making reservation and
26. Unit and building management reserves right to enter premises at any time to conduct maintenance and inspection as required.
27. Please respect your neighbours and keep an acceptable noise level at all times.
28.The unit and amenities are intended for the use of registered guest(s) only, not for the hosting of events or parties of any kind.
The guests undertakes to hold the Host harmless against any and all loss, claims, causes of action, demands and/or costs and expenses that may be incurred by the guests in relation to their stay at the unit.
The Host cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items. Subletting the property is strictly prohibited.
The team at Airbnb provide tools and processes to enhance safety and assurance, striving to create a marketplace that is based on security and trust.
In all cases, I reserve the right to visit the unit at any time prior to the checkout date in order to do a walkthrough to assess the condition of the unit.
Any damages or unreasonable evidence of wear and tear may be subject to being compensated for by the Security and Damages Deposit. If the above process is not followed, the guest understands and agrees that this will impact the return of the Damages/Security Deposit.
In the event of lost OR damaged keys, the guest agrees to compensate the host for the material cost and time expended in changing locks and this amount will be deducted from the Damages / Security Deposit. The guest agrees to top up this Deposit to Airbnb to the required level for the duration of their stay.
Once you have booked it is understood that you have agreed to comply with the house rules.
I wish you a very pleasant stay!
About the Host, Claudine
I live and work in Ottawa; I am a computer consultant. I like the outdoor activities like biking, running.
I like meeting people to hear their stories and adventures.
I hope to provide you a safe home away home accommodation to make your journey the most enjoyable one.
Looking forward to meet you.