About this listing
Sprawling, beautiful, truly unique 1930s Mediterranean house with unparalleled ocean views. At the end of a quiet street, with direct beach access, in the upscale Pacific Palisades. Let the sound of the waves lull you to sleep!
The house was originally owned by a famous Hollywood set designer so it has tons of character. Many pieces in the house were used in old Hollywood movies.
It's situated on a hillside in the Castellammare area of Pacfic Palisades, which resembles the Amalfi Coast.
The layout of the house is incredibly unique, which makes it perfect for couples or large groups. Every bedroom has direct outside access, which allows excellent flexibility. ALL ROOMS HAVE DIRECT OCEAN VIEW.
Here is a breakdown of the house:
LIVING ROOM (main floor)
- Stunning ocean views with large windows that open to let in the ocean breeze
- Large seating area
- iPod/iPhone speaker
- Powder room
KITCHEN and DINING ROOM (main floor)
- High grade stove
- Breakfast seating area in the kitchen
- Small dining room adjacent to kitchen with ocean views
- Dishes, silverware, pots, pans and other basic kitchen supplies
- Coffeemaker with coffee
- Microwave, toaster
- Dish soap, sponge, paper towels
BAR ROOM (downstairs)
- Accessed via a small spiral staircase near breakfast area
- Full bar decorated with old Hollywood movie set props
- Incredible night lighting
BEDROOM #1 - located off the dining area
- Elevated a couple steps, bright and airy
- Queen AND single beds
- Incredible bathroom with oversized bathtub/shower overlooking the ocean
- Walk in closet
BEDROOM #2 - down the main staircase form living room
- Quaint room with elevated seating area
- Queen bed
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, sink and some basic kitchen supplies
- Bathroom with oversized bathtub/shower
BEDROOM #3 (Master bedroom) - down the main staircase from living room
- High ceilings
- Queen bed
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, sink, and basic kitchen supplies
- Master bathroom with separate toilet area
- Oversized bathtub/shower
BEDROOM #4 - down the spiral staircase, next to bar.
- Smallest of the four bedrooms
- Queen bed
- Bathroom and shower
- Accessed from patio area
- Washer and dryer
GARDEN and PATIO
- Table, chairs and umbrella
- Quiet, peaceful with sounds of the ocean
- Fresh towels and bedding are provided.
- There are hardwood floors throughout the house.
- The house has wi-fi.
- There is no heating or air-conditioning but it's almost never needed at the beach. Space heaters are provided.
- Parking is easily available directly outside the house.
In addition to the house, you have access to the patio/yard area in front of the house, as well as the beach, which is easily accessed via walk bridge.
The checkin procedure is automated so you don't need to worry about late arrivals or having to wait for me at the property.
I live very close so I'm around to answer any questions you might have during your stay. Looking forward to meeting you!
The house is in the upscale residential community of Pacific Palisades. It's conveniently located just five minutes away from Santa Monica with the pier and 3rd Street Promenade shops/restaurants. Continue south a few minutes form Santa Monica to reach Venice Beach and the famous Boardwalk. Take Sunset Boulevard into Beverly Hills/West Hollywood/Hollywood (20-40 minutes) or drive just a couple miles north to Malibu. There's a grocery store VERY close to the house...about 1/4 mile away. It's also about 1/4 mile away from the Self Realization Fellowship spiritual center and the original Getty Museum.
A car is the best way to explore the city. I highly recommend the iPhone app Uber. It provides convenient transportation cheaper than a regular taxi.
Cleanliness is very important to me and I am pleased to offer a very clean house.
Please no smoking, no pets, and no additional visitors without prior permission. You mY use the patio area but please do not go up the side stairs to the upper yard or beyond the small shed beyond the table and chairs.