About this listing
Have you checked out the site for Walk Score? This property is a score of 92!! They have fantastic maps there!! (Please read the description so you know if this apartment is a good fit for your stay.
Just two blocks to Paseo Nuevo, Santa Barbara's colorful shopping mall and State Street, this apartment is located close to all the great food (farmers market, Silvergreens and a brand new Eureka Burger! - across from Silvergreens :) and entertainment Santa Barbara has to offer...on foot! It is a location where you can come without a car or rent one 4 blocks away from Enterprise if needed. One block to the city bus stop, hop the $.50 electric trolley, only 8 blocks to Stern's Wharf, the Santa Barbara Harbor and all the beautiful beaches that stretch our coastline (6 blocks from the train station).
The apartment is one in a residential four-plex in a quiet and friendly neighborhood. It has hardwood floors and is decorated with modern decor to create a cozy and clean bright space for your stay. Max. 2 guests, queen bed only (no couch sleeping-quiet hours 10pm - 7am).
This unit is "railroad" style, all the rooms in a row (you walk through the LR, BR to the Kitchen and bath). The kitchen has a full oven (pots, pans, coffee, coffee maker, blender and toaster, tea, oil & vinegar, S&P and sugar) and full bathroom, we offer wi-fi for your wireless device and a docking station for your Mp3 player, books and games - NO TV... the noise carries...! Iron and board are in the closet, hairdryer in the bathroom. Coin laundry is in the basement. We do not have air conditioning here, plenty of fans :)
(There is 90 minute parking in front of the apartment, see Guest Access below for parking info.) There is minimal cleaning fee. Please read the house manual when you arrive to help us both have a great rental experience.
Our family loves to travel and we have hosted students from all over the world in our home here in Santa Barbara. We have managed property for 20 years, done home exchange and vacation rented our own home when we travel. My husband is Canadian and we met doing what we love, being active and traveling! We look forward to welcoming you and recommending the best of the best adventures here in the beautiful California central (website hidden)- If you see a one day vacancy and you only need one night, don't hesitate to contact me about booking it.
pss- The walls (ceiling) are thin at this property (light footed tenant upstairs...) If you are a light sleeper or want to sleep in, bring ear plugs. Be forewarned that it's an old building! 99% of the time the place is silent from 10 pm to 7am. Sweet dreams!
PLANNING TIPS: Check the guidebook map. A great list for planning ideas search: Santa Barbara Chamber of Commerce Events & Calendar and Santa Barbara Car Free (discounted train tickets). For Channel Islands National Park kayak visits plan with Channel Islands Outfitters. Day trips hiking at the islands with Island Packers out of Ventura Harbor.
As along term guest, I am able to get a parking pass for your stay. It is a safe residential area and walking is fantastic everywhere. (It is necessary to move your car for street sweeping on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9am - 12pm)
Interaction with guests
I'll send you your access info 2 weeks before you arrive. You are welcome to let yourselves in and check-out on your own.
Yes, you are going to have your own apartment in a neighborhood...! Not in a tourist corridor that is some what controlled. The things that make you a good neighbor at home apply here. Please be considerate and respectful and let your host know (think of your call to me as calling the front desk at a hotel...) if something is going on before you write in in a review so it can be resolved for all the future guests!!
Search: Santa Barbara Car Free and Walk Score for West De La Guerra Street :)
Other things to note
This is a non-smoking property. If you must smoke, please do so at the creek bridge down the street to the right.
See our other listing
Sunny Creekside Downtown Location 30 day min https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1012477
Take a bag to the store with you, new SB ordinance! Grocery bags cost $.10 each, no more plastic here :)
1. Enjoy your stay!!
2. Contact Cathy if you have questions or concerns (including after hour noise, something broken or smell anything...(phone number hidden) As much as we would like to... we do not allow pets, sublets, parties or extra guests.
3. Please be respectful of our great, friendly tenants and be quiet as mice after 10pm and before 7am :)
4. Smoking is not permitted on the property.
5. Bikes have been removed because of an insurance issue. I'm so sad and sorry :( They can be rented at the beach at Wheel Fun Rentals.) Check Santa Barbara Car Free for lots of ideas about getting about town.
6. Please recycle and conserve water where ever possible. (Please no baths. We are in a serious drought, worst in recorded history!)
7. THE CITY SWEEPS THE STREETS WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAYS. (Tuesday night AND Wednesday night park make sure your car is on the right side of the street for sweeping!) Please park consciously, maximize the parking spaces on the street. SEE THE PARKING MAP BY THE FRONT DOOR!
8. Please dry any water that gets onto the bathroom floor. It's an old building and sitting pools of water have a way of getting into it's "bones" and causing problems.
9. BEFORE YOU GO: Sign the guestbook? Put the linens in the laundry basket? Get your chargers? Wash and put away your dishes? PLEASE let me know if something isn't working or got broken asap, it helps so much. Often times I don't learn this until I have another guest walking in the door! Muchas gracias!!
Our hopes are that you will get out and enjoy all that Santa Barbara has to offer. We are outdoor enthusiasts, don't hesitate to contact us if you can't think of something fun to do. This is a non-smoking, non-couch sleeping property.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 564 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm native to Santa Barbara and my husband, Scott, is Canadian (we met traveling :). We are paddling and outdoors enthusiasts, who loves family and dogs!
We have hosted students from around the world in our home, traveled whenever we can and truly enjoy sharing this beautiful city with our guests.
Our experience with Airbnb had been fantastic. Our guests (although we don't always meet) have been clean, courteous and conscious. So many good people traveling about~! We hope your travels bring you to Santa Barbara and that you enjoy every minute in the sun.