Gayle and her friend were overall good guests, but I'd like to address several parts of this review:
- My typical check-in time is 3pm, but I am usually flexible and did my best to accommodate a check-in at 12pm, even offering to store their bags at 10am. The laundry was scheduled to be delivered by 12pm, but unfortunately they never arrived. This has never happened to me before with this service, and I have switched to another one. I apologized and left work to arrive with the sheets at about 1:30pm.
- While I knew there would be an additional guest, I was never informed that one would be sleeping on the couch and thus required sheets. If I had known, I would have happily brought another set. Nonetheless, I scheduled for them to be delivered as soon as possible, which happened to be 9pm that night.
- The building is old, but I don't think my pictures suggest a newly renovated luxury building with brand-new appliances. The pictures were taken by a professional photographer suggested by Airbnb. There's a new bed (since a previous guest broke the previous one), the Christmas decorations are gone, there's a new shower curtain...little things like that. As for the lighting, I removed one lightbulb each for the bedroom and living because a previous guest said it was too bright. If I were notified, I would have no problem putting the lightbulbs back.
- I've never had a complaint that there wasn't enough silverware. Although I wish this were communicated to me right away, I appreciate the feedback and will make sure there is plenty for future reservations.
- As far as extra paper towels, I usually have them stocked under the sink. This is another issue that could have been communicated to me and quickly solved.
- All of the amenities mentioned in the listing were provided.
For any prospective guests, I genuinely want everyone to love their stay in my home. Please, PLEASE never hesitate to notify me right away if there is anything I can do or provide. I will always solve the problem quickly, as my previous guests will attest.