You might see our home listed by Darren O. however this is actually my home (where I live) so I thought I would create my own listing as well. You can book through him or through me...but either way you'll be living with me.
This private house is set up to provide students and interns visiting San Francisco with a safe and comfortable place to stay that has a built in community of international travelers. Why come to San Francisco and stay in a place all by yourself? If you're friendly and social and would like to live in a fun house with students from all over the world, check us out.
You should know that living in a community is very different than living alone or with a family. We seek students that will be kind and respectful to other housemates and behave in a way that is not a burden to others in the house. Yes, this means washing your own dishes and cleaning off the counters. If you are a "dirty dish leaver" please, please look for another house.
Because this is a communal house you might need to be flexible and willingly adjust your personal routines and habits if it’s helpful to other occupants or for the overall good of the house. However, most housemates find that the social benefits of living together in a fun house far outweigh and inconvenience to personal space, privacy and routines. If you love hostels, let us know because then we know you understand how great community living can be.
Our two person rooms are shared with other housemates of the same gender, unless opposite gender roommates have agreed to share. Unlike a hostel, the rooms have a desk, drawers and a bit more space to spread out, decorate, and make your temporary home feel comfortable.
Housemates enjoy a free high speed internet Wi-Fi, a fully equipped kitchen, private bathrooms and laundry facilities. There's also a community common lounge with comfy sofas, chairs and community desks. Many of us also usually chip in and enjoy one or more weekly community meals together.
We offer flexible and affordable monthly rates. This is month-to-month rental accommodation so a housemate request application and credit check may be required. New housemates pay for at least one month to start. But unlike other homes, that require a fixed term contract, here you always have the option of checking out early, if your plans change. Please contact us for more details on this.
We looking forward to meeting you.
UPDATE: As of right now, the house is full for men (sorry). We have two places that are shared with existing female housemates.
Living in community is very different than living alone or with a family. You must always be kind and respectful to other housemates and behave in a way that is not a burden to your fellow housemates. You might need to modify your normal routines for the benefit of the community. You should not only be willing to clean up after yourself but be willing to do a little extra to help a housemate or the community.
This is a sample of some of the house rules. A complete list of house rules will need to be agreed to prior to move in.
1. STUDENTS ONLY - This home is intended for short term accommodation for visiting students only. You must maintain your student, intern or educational work exchange status to stay here.
2. FRIENDLY COMMUNITY - You should always be friendly & respectful to others, the house and the neighborhood. Even if you perceive someone is not being respectful to you.
3. NOISE – You must always be mindful of noise that may disturb other housemates or neighbors. No loud noise or music.
4. VISITORS – You may only have a maximum of two visitors in the house at any time. You may not assign your guests to another housemate. Your visitors must sign the guest book. Visiting hours are from 9:00AM – 10:00PM (phone number hidden)) Sunday – Thursday and 9:00AM – Midnight (phone number hidden)) Friday and Saturday.
5. SMOKING – Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the house, out the windows, or within 20 feet of the building.
6. DRUGS – Illegal drugs, including medical marijuana, are not allowed in the building at any time. Sorry, this is not a 420 friendly house.
7. ALCOHOL – If you are 21, you may consume small amounts of alcohol in the house (i.e. “social drinking”). However, you may not be drunk in the common areas of the house. If you feel the effects of alcohol you need to go out (if it’s safe for you to do so) or go to bed.
8. CLEANING- Y ou are responsible for cleaning your own room. Y ou should also promptly clean any other areas in the house you have used (such as the kitchen and bathrooms) immediately after you have used them. You will be asked to do one cleaning chore per week (such as clean a bathroom).
(website hidden) – You may cook your own meals provided you immediately and thoroughly clean the kitchen and your dishes and pans. To prevent fires, you must be in the kitchen and watching your cooking at all times.
10. NO OPEN FLAME – You may not have any open flame in the house. This includes matches, lighters, candles, smoking or incense.
11. PETS – Pets of any kind are not allowed in the house.
12. SECURITY – You must help to insure the security of the building at all times. Never let in unknown persons. Always make sure the security gate is closed. Report all security problems.
Staying at Shelli's place was great!
It is very well located, basically in Chinatown with a lot of great food places and very close to downtown with market street only being a 5-10 minute walk away. Also north beach, the embarcadero and the ferry building are very nearby, it's just an awesome location! Shelli is very sweet and helpful, I loved having her as my host!
This house is an amazing place to meet great people from all over the world and to make good friends. If you like talking, hanging out with people and meeting new people, this is the place you want to stay at. If you're not into the listed things and you cannot handle other peoples dirty dishes being in the sink for a couple of hours, well, you might want to look for another place.
I loved it there and I would always go back if I'd be in San Francisco again!
It is a great time getting to know the people in the house. They come from all over the world!
Shelli is really nice and sweet as long as you do not wake her up after 11 pm :P
This host has 8 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews