About this listing
Spacious surf pad located 3 blocks to beach and 1 block to Main Street with easy access to over 30 shops, restaurants and bars. Enjoy a fully equipped kitchen, large living room, laundry facilities, and of course plenty of ocean breeze.
- Brand NEW queen bed with ultra luxury Serta pillow top mattress as of 3/16/14
- Brand New 5 drawer dresser in room
- central heating, no A/C as the temperature is 60-78F year round, equipped with ceiling fans and stand fans
- separated living room
- large kitchen and bathroom
- wrap around private patio/balcony
- 4 pillows and 100% cotton sheets
- I provide 2 bath towels, 1 hand towel (I stopped providing beach towels since many guests took them).
- plenty of free street parking
- coffee & tea are complimentary
- TV with HDMI connection to stream from your laptops or tablets, no cable service
Interaction with Guests
I can be reach on my cell phone at all times.
*** I do NOT accept listings from guest with no photos and no profile information.
HB is known as Surf City USA
Other Things to Note
All booking request, please message me the following:
- photos and profile information (should all be filled out)
- who will be staying at the apartment (Note: 2 people maximum!)
- what are you in town for?
- ONLY up to 2 guests allowed in the apartment
- No loud music/noise! - neighbors are all very quiet people
- No smoking inside the apartment or near the building
- No shoes on hardwood floor
- No touching anything in bathroom drawers, surfboard and skateboards (unless you are renting them)
- if key is lost, $50 replacement fee
- Stained towel - $10, Stained sheets - $20
Alice's place was just as described. It's location was perfect for us, walking distance to everything and had everything we needed for our trip. I'd stay here again. Communication was simple and thorough.
This was mine and my husbands first experience with airbnb and it was wonderful! Not only is the price great, Alice has beautiful super clean "studio" apartment. We arrived and everything was spotless. The location is perfect! Neighbors are really quiet. Checking in and out was easy and she was very easy to get a hold of. The only thing I have to say is that we were really unlucky and the lock to the apartment broke on us. Alice was at work at the time but answered our messages promptly and took care of the situation right away. It took the handy man 4 hours to fix but we just walked to the beach (about 5-8 minute walk) and got dinner in the awesome downtown area, so it really didn't matter anyways. We had a blast!
The host was responsive and friendly before and during trip which was great. The unit was close enough to easily walk to main street for food and drinks. The unit was basic but clean, well kept and had sufficient amenities.
Being totally honest, we realized on this trip that HB is not our scene so, to some, our review will probably seem off base. The description said there was plenty of free parking but that was not our experience. We had to park underground and the sign said guest spots were only for 24 hours. We were able to find street parking the next morning around 8am but just not as simple as expected.
On Saturday night, neighbors in complex (in the unit below us) had loud music going between 9-10pm, making the walls/floor vibrate. When we texted the owner, she told us that was the norm for the downstairs neighbors on Saturday nights in the summer- would have been nice to know that ahead of time somehow. Another neighbor played loud music as we were trying to fall asleep from 10:45-past 11:30. We are particular about pillows and definitely should have brought our own but we found the pillows very uncomfortable in the unit. So for future guests who are particular like us, BYOP.
We found locking and unlocking unit door to be difficult, not sure if key is not cut well or what, but took several attempts each time and it felt like I was going to break off the key sometimes trying to get the door open.
The neighborhood was okay, not super clean streets and not super quiet, but we felt pretty safe overall.
We loved staying in Alice's apartment. It was a very spacious studio and almost felt like a one bedroom. She was very welcoming and had lists of recommendations etc. Also very nice to be able to do laundry there. It was very close to Main St. and the Huntington Beach pier. Would definitely stay there again.
No TV Cable,No water pressure at bathroom sink, No Air Conditioning. Very small fridge in kitchen. If you want to get in or out of the parking garage Alice will have to be there to open the gate or your out of luck and will have to search for a place on the street.
All of the above were clearly written in the description of the listing. It's each guest's responsibility to read the description clearly prior to making a booking.
This guest had tried to cancel the reservation 2 days prior to check-in and did not want to pay airbnb's cancellation charges, so there seems to be some resentment in this case.
Great location! Short walking distance to DT and Pier, but far enough from all the noise. Very quiet neighborhood.
This host has 76 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews