You're considering renting a modern saltbox house, perched on a hilly wooded property, overlooking pristine Columbia County Conservancy land. Meals cooked on the Viking stove or on the Weber taste better. On summer nights you may be lulled to sleep by the sound of frogs in the nearby creek.
- 2 hours from NYC
- From the house: if you're inclined toward outdoor sports, there is no shortage of great routes for running, road and off-road cycling, and of course long walks.
- Nearby destinations: swimming in Guilder Pond, Catamount, Hudson Valley Rail Trail, Lake Taghkanic State Park, kayaking in Copake Lake, swimming and fitness center at Taconic Hills School
- Short drive to Hudson (NY): antique shopping, restaurants, music at Helsinki, movie theaters, Time Space Limited, Amtrak, many chain stores
- Short drive to Great Barrington (MA): restaurants, Guido's Fresh Market, Big Y, shopping, movies
- Easy drives to Berkshire destinations: Tanglewood, Jacob's Pillow, Mass MOCA, the Norman Rockwell Museum, The Clark, Shakespeare and Co., the outlets in Lee
Except for the basement, guests have access to the whole house. Long term guests pay for services such as electricity, gas, cleaning, yardwork, telephone and internet.
Interaction with Guests
We interact with our guests only as needed.
We had a great time at Jeff's place. It is spacious and comfortable, easily fitting the 8 of us. Jeff is very considerate and helpful. We stayed for 10 days and went skiing at Butternut almost every day, which is only 30 minutes away. The place is very secluded and quiet. I recommend it to anyone who is considering a vacation in the Berkshires.