About this listing
Enchanting and super private chalet brilliantly situated in a resort style jungle garden right in the heart of St Kilda.
The chalet is light filled and has a north facing courtyard and wrap-around verandah making it perfect for sun bathing and outdoor meals.
Open plan living with an upstairs bedroom, a huge ceiling fan and air-conditioning/heating perfect for some time out. The open design with double doors brings the outside in and makes for a lovely experience year
* Romantic, Secluded, and Light and Airy Chalet - a unique property in the heart of St Kilda. It is a tranquil paradise!
* Gorgeous outdoor area for sunbathing, cooking and eating
* Lush and Tranquil Garden
* Comfortable & good-quality Queen-size bed endorsed by the Osteopaths' Association of Australia
* Luxurious leather sofa, high quality German made, which folds out into a sturdy and comfortable double bed
* Natural Light abounds - more happiness!
* Open Plan Kitchen/Lounge/Dining
* Period style bathroom with unlimited hot water
* Safe and Secure and Private location with electronic security entrance
* Street Parking available (Please send me a request for the permit if required)
* Clean, Clean, Clean - Guaranteed!
* Euro kitchen (Miele gas stove, Miele oven/microwave and Bosch dishwasher)
* Quality Queen-sized Bed (All linen provided are High Quality 100% cotton)
* 2nd bed is the fold-out couch (extremely comfortable top-of-the-range German manufactured)
* Quality Towels & FaceWashers (High Quality 100% cotton)
* Beach Towels (High Quality 100% cotton)
* Air Conditioning, Heating - super strong system!
* Shower with unlimited hot water
* Stereo sound system (Samsung wireless audio) - awesome speakers! Just bring your iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Android or Windows device and synch via Bluetooth, Air Play or just plug it in.
* DVD player
* Quality Euro Kitchen - all Sparkling Clean (Miele gas stove, Miele electric oven/microwave combo)
* Dishwasher - Bosch
* Refrigerator, Microwave, Toaster, Crockery, Cutlery, Cooking Utensils (full set of pots, pans, bowls,& kitchen implements included and guaranteed to be Clean!)
* TV 50 inch Panasonic
* Washing Machine/ Dryer combination
* Steam Iron + Ironing-board
* Vacuum cleaner
* Bathroom scales
* Outdoor setting - tables & chairs
* FREE WiFi Broadband provided ("ADSL 2+" - Quality, Super-Fast. Data limits: 15 GB/day)
* Street Car Parking available ((Permit Parking - you are free to use the permit, but if you lose it the Council's replacement fee is $300)
COMPLIMENTARY WELCOME PROVISIONS:
* Twinings tea
* Quality Coffee
* Sugar, Salt & Pepper, Milk, Olive oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Tomato Sauce
* Laundry Powder, Dishwashing liquid, Cleaners, Tissues
* Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner
Guests rent the entire property, including the garden area.
Interaction with Guests
I do not live in the chalet, but I'm close by if any help is required.
*Located 6km from Melbourne's CBD, St Kilda is a beautiful bay-side suburb with a cosmopolitan flair and village atmosphere.
*If you like walking, then this is an ideal location. I prefer to do most of my travel on foot, public transport and bicycle. Yes, it is possible to have a great life in St KIlda without a car! All the best Melbourne has to offer is easily within reach. However, car lovers are looked after with easy access to Melbourne's major arterials, such as Nepean Highway and Dandenong Road only a couple of streets away.
*The 96 tram (20 -25 mins to Melb CBD), Albert Park Lake and heaps of cool cafes and restaurants are a stroll away.
St Kilda is one of the most interesting, beautiful and bohemian parts of Melbourne.
Fitrzroy, Acland, Carlisle and Inkerman Streets are mere minutes away and are home to some of Melbourne's best shops and famous restaurants, bars and cafes, including: The George, Cicciolina, Tolarno's, Lau's Family Kitchen, Pelican, Golden Fields, Circa @ The Prince, Mirka by Guy Grossi, Cafe Di Stasio, Newmarket Hotel, Mr Wolf and Dr Jekyll. Shoppers will love St Kilda too - notable for its fashion boutiques, hip and retro recycles, homewares and book stores.
Kite-Surfing on the bay and many recreational facilities including the Sea Baths, Albert Park Lake and Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre are close-by. Hire a bike or jog along the beautiful foreshore
The infamous St Kilda beach is minutes away by foot. Take a stroll down Acland Street and munch on some of the best pastries imaginable. Continue along to the St Kilda beach boardwalk and visit the fairy-penguin inhabitants at sunset as they return to nest after a hard day's swimming. Explore the coastal trail from St Kilda to Elwood (jog up heart-attack hill to clear the lungs!) Move on to Brighton, or head up to trendy Port Melbourne for a spot of roller-blading, sun-bathing and finish the day with the best crispy fish'n'chips (& salad!) by the port.
Everything you need is within easy walking distance, including mega-supermarkets, cool-kat cafes, artisan bakeries, local galleries, live-music venues, fabulous hairdressers, and public transport, not to mention the novel Victorian-era Restaurant-Tram. There's even an internationally renowned Italian cheese-maker down the street!
Public transport is a breeze. The 96 tram stop is only a few minutes walk away on Acland Street and will take you into Melbourne's city centre within 20-25 minutes on a good run! St Kilda is surrounded by beautiful bay-side areas including Albert Park, South Yarra, Prahran and Port Melbourne so there's a vast range of shopping, dining and recreational opportunities on offer. The choices are yours to make in this wonderful location for the quintessential St Kilda experience, in the most liveable city in the world.
Drivers are located close to major arterials which means you'll be on the freeway in no time, whether it's Phillip Island, the Great Ocean Road, the Dandenongs, or Mornington Peninsula - all easily accessible day trips from the chalet.
Other Things to Note
Everybody who's stayed in the chalet loves it - it really is a special place.
Strictly no-smoking policy inside the chalet. You are welcome to smoke outside, but please dispose of your butts/ash/rubbish thoughtfully in the rubbish bin.
NO CANDLES INSIDE:
Strictly no burning candles inside.
*One guest cracked the glass coffee table by burning her candles!
*Another guest burnt the plastic knob on the bedside radio and managed to damage the bedside table.
*Yet another guest left pools of wax on my dining table.
Sorry, but I've endured too much damage because of guests supplying and burning their own candles - they have proven to be extremely dangerous (or perhaps I've just had an incredibly bad run of candle-mad guests?!?)
Again, I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I'll with-hold the Security Deposit for any damage as a result of hot wax or burn-marks etc to the furniture. I've supplied high quality pieces and I would like all future guests to be able to enjoy them without scorching, cracks and wax damage.
Please treat others in the same way you'd like to be treated.
The chalet is located in a Residential Street with friendly neighbours and there's a harmonious vibe about the place. If you listen carefully, you may hear the soft clucking of chickens from one of my lovely neighbours! (no roosters!)
I respect the right of my neighbours to enjoy peace and quiet in their homes, and I ask you to make sure sure that no noise can be heard outside the house between 10pm and 8am.
Please, when Exiting and Entering the property, bear in mind that my neighbour's house-wall forms the wall of the walkway and it's made of wood. Therefore, please be quiet when walking down the path and along their house, as they can hear noises very easily and i don't wish to disturb them.
The advertised rental is Strictly for Domestic Use only and Not for Commercial use. The rental rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions or parties in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in loss of the security deposit and/or additional payments
You're very welcome to use the washing machine for your personal clothes.
If you're going to wash the supplied Bed Linen, Towels, and other Manchester, then please Wash the Whites Separately.
That is, Please Do Not Mix White Towels & White Sheets with Coloured Fabrics (sorry if that's obvious to you, but I've had numerous guests who've tried to help by washing things for me but they end up inadvertently destroying my White Linen).
Note the Clothes-Drying Line is located on a reel on the verandah, next to the red door. There's an additional clothes rack in the tool-shed,
About the Host, Vicki
Welcome to my profile. I've lived in St Kilda and the surrounding bayside areas for many years. I love spending time with my children and grand-children, gardening, and travelling with my husband Stipe. We really enjoy meeting interesting and kind people, especially travelers who are keen to explore this beautiful place. We also really like a nice glass or two of good Australian red wine!